Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the media? Why aren’t they ripping butez apart? Oh yeah he’s Belgian....
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

wow...he was literally at fault for every single goal. OFC defending wasnt great but man that was some pathetic goalkeeping

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Where is the media? Why aren’t they ripping butez apart? Oh yeah he’s Belgian....
        French

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
          Wow, watch the highlights. He was basically disaster. Conceded 5, one incorrectly disallowed by VAR. Also iin 87th minute, he did another huge mistake but the shot was saved by defender on the line.
          He was horrendous on all of them. Even the first goal, no idea why he didn't dive and stretch out.

Comment

jesus they pick this guy over beiro?

Yikes
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Hopefully their clown manager is sacked at the end of season if they continue this form, and Alireza gets a chance to impress the new coach.

Comment

What do the club fans/supporters say? or have they all given up supporting and gone elsewhere?
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  jesus they pick this guy over beiro?

Yikes
                  as i insinuated earlier, i dont believe Bey's benching is performance related as much as Disciplinary in nature..!!
                  he just needs to mature up and cut out the koskholbazi side shows and calm his GKing antics and he'll become a great EU talent in between the sticks ..!

Comment

Tomorrows game vs Anderlecht I guess. Let's see if Beiro will start.

https://twitter.com/official_rafc/st...658290176?s=20
                    Last edited by Essi; 05-22-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

The article below was published in Antwerp Gazette in it's original language. I had to use a rough translation. What I find interesting is after the Tottenham game when Leko, the Antwerp manager was saying that he should not have played Beiranvand, he originally did not want to play him and only did so under pressure from higher ups.
                      Read here:

The common thread throughout the Antwerp season: Changeable keepers

Diederik Geypen

Yesterday at 5:00 am

At the beginning of May 2020, Antwerp and Bolat said goodbye to each other after three seasons and 35 clean sheets in 117 matches. Just over a year later, the loss of all red and white supporters is greater than ever. A consequence of course of the capriciousness of purpose. "If you take stock, the goalkeepers cost Antwerp points instead of yielding them," says analyst Wim De Coninck, who was good for 140 official matches at RAFC between '87 and '93. “Butez established that goalkeeping at Mouscron, where you have nothing to lose, is mentally a lot easier than at a club that plays at the top. Beiranvand is incredibly athletic and wanted to manifest but doesn't speak English which makes you ask for trouble. And De Wolf crawled out of the valley after he got sidetracked at Eupen,

Five times ( see below) Vercauteren and his predecessor Leko made a goalkeeper change in the Jupiler Pro League. Sometimes out of necessity, like when Butez dropped out with an ankle injury after New Year. But also by a decision from above. “I thought the De Wolf-Butez substitution at the start of the play-offs was a strange move,” continues De Coninck. “I can't imagine that this was a choice made by Vercauteren, especially because he had expressed himself positively after several consistent performances by De Wolf. I think extra-sporting matters played a role, just like in December, when Beiranvand was allowed to stand against Club Brugge. The goalkeeper also feels that suspicion, of course, and is not conducive to peace of mind. That is why I also show some leniency. The keeper's carousel was illustrative of the months of unrest within the club. ”

1) December 13, 2020: Butez replaced by Beiranvand

The accumulation of matches is starting to weigh, and so former Antwerpt coach Leko lets several players relax in the gala match against Tottenham. While the equipped base pawns return against Club Brugge, Jean Butez stays on the bench and Alireza Beiranvand gets his chance. Antwerp loses 0-2, after which Leko lashes out sharply. “Bringing Beiranvand to the kick-off was a bad decision.” Afterwards it would turn out that the Croat wanted to choose Butez, but left Beiranvand under pressure from D'Onofrio.

2) December 16, 2020: Beiranvand by Butez

The Iranian song doesn't last long in the end. Three days later, Leko chooses Butez again. A return in a minor key, because Antwerp loses to Zulte Waregem with the smallest difference. With a clean sheet and a 6 out of 6 against Waasland-Beveren and Charleroi, Butez still goes into the winter break with a good feeling.

3) January 10, 2021: Butez by Beiranvand

This is how well 2020 ended, so badly starts 2021 for Butez. The Frenchman suffers an ankle injury, which means that Beiranvand is back in goal at KV Mechelen. His base comeback begins with a nightmare. The Iranian has to turn three times that afternoon.

4) March 1, 2021: Beiranvand by De Wolf

After he already put Beiranvand down twice against Rangers and STVV, Ortwin De Wolf celebrates his first starting spot against OHL. One he won't frame. Antwerp loses to Den Dreef 2-0.

5) April 30, 2021: The Wolf by Butez

De Wolf continues to guard the cage and scores points in the 0-2 victory at Club Brugge. Moreover, Antwerp closes the regular competition with a 12 out of 15. It is therefore great the surprise that at the start of the play-offs Butez is back in target. When asked whether De Wolf's lesser performance in the final match of the regular competition against Genk played a role in the decision, Vercauteren replies strikingly: "I'm not waiting with a gun for a keeper to make a mistake." In the end, Butez no longer reaches its level of the first half of the season.
                      sigpic

Comment

^ what a mess.. the whole club seams to to be unbalanced and the belgian author is just trash in this article about Beira. Beira may not speak english and thats something they can help him with, fixing him up with enlgish lessons after training and so on/and if not he should get a english tutor.. but they knew it when they bought him so strange to hold this against him. he doenst have to write an essay while he plays, its good enough with frases, left right press up, take the post (corners) and so on, so he can controll the backline and he can just yell when he wants to take a ball and that the defender doesnt head it away.. so its not as important for a goalie as for somebody working in a office, when it comes down to the english..

they should have seen by now that the whole defence is a mess, everybody just chase the ball and dont synk or cover the spaces that opens up.. pretty hard for any goalie and that results in them being unsecure, loosing focus since they worry about the open spaces and the headles defence, and that can also lead to the goalies making misstakes they normaly wouldnt. and that is in defence for all the 3 goalies. offocurce i believe that Beira is the best one they got and that they should have just given him the rest of the season but there were injuries and other things. Hope he goes this summer to another club and everything will be fine after that.
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-odds-24139321
                          its a fun read, we already know the story but still..
                          Its about footballers that overcame amazing odds. Beiravand is in it aswell as Maradona, Carlos Bacca, Di Maria, Ibra and Tevez
                          Article is from May 19 2021 - Remember its the briitish media so its always shady and can have exxagarations, but still fun read!

Footballers who overcame amazing odds - car theft, rough sleeping and sewage-filled ghettos
                          From legends like Diego Maradona and Zlatan to plucky Iranian goalkeepers, these stars beat the odds after taking second jobs, fleeing home and living in poverty

They drive customised Lamborghinis, go home to incredible mansions and wear some of the most expensive - and fashionably questionable - clothes money can buy.
                          But before they were earning millions, some footballers have had to overcome the odds in incredible ways - facing childhood poverty and growing up in drug-fuelled ghettos ravaged by violence and crime.
                          This week, Manchester United star Marcus Rashford opened up to the Mirror on his childhood struggles and how the death of his nanna when he was just 11 shaped his life.
                          The England striker has spoken candidly about his early years for his new inspiring children's book, telling how his mum worked hard as a single parent to provide for her five kids as the family were often left hungry and shopped for food at Poundland.
                          Yet the 23-year-old - who has famously lobbied the Government to support free school meals - is just the latest in a long line of footballers to come from tough beginnings.
                          Stealing cars, crawling through the sewage of ghettos and sleeping rough on the street, these stars' incredible journeys to the top prove you should never give up on your dreams.

Maradona: Crawled through sewage of crime-ravaged slums
                          Arguably the world's greatest ever footballer, Diego Maradona quite literally pulled his way out of the slums.
                          Growing up in Buenos Aires, Argentina, he shared a room with six siblings, in a house his father built out of bricks and sheet metal.
                          The family lived in Villa Fiorito, a district so violent that cops had to be shuttled in by bus each day as it was too dangerous to have a permanent police presence.
                          One night as a toddler, Maradona accidentally fell into a vat of open sewage, causing his uncle to yell: “Diegito, keep your head above the s**t." He later credited this as his life's motto.
                          Deprived of electricity or running water at home, the star made money collecting the foil from cigarette packets and selling scrap metal.
                          By the time he joined the local football team Argentinos Juniors, he had honed his skills by practising keepie uppies with oranges and crumpled newspapers.
                          The late star is considered by many as the world's greatest ever footballer
                          Before long, his talents were attracting international attention and the rest is the stuff of footballing legend.
                          He went on to star for Barcelona and Napoli, while captaining Argentina to win the 1986 World Cup.
                          His death last year at the age of 60 prompted an outpouring of grief - with even England fans riled by his infamous 'Hand of God' goal still hailing his generational brilliance.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Stole cars and bikes
                          Zlatan Ibrahimovic's famous ego is as big as his talent on the pitch, but his troubled childhood goes some way to explaining such a headstrong personality.
                          Living in a dangerous housing estate in the ghetto of Malmo, the Swede's parents split when he was two, and his father battled alcohol addiction.
                          Zlatan lived in a troubled Swedish ghetto and his father battled alcohol addiction
                          As a young boy, he began stealing everything from sweets to bikes and cars.
                          "When we needed something we went to the shop and we went to steal," he said. "I had a particularly good relationship with the bikes."
                          His thievery caught up with him one day when he discovered a bike he had nicked to ride to training actually belonged to his football manager.
                          "He took it pretty well. He could have kicked me out but he laughed," Zlatan later said.
                          Speaking with a lisp and going to school mainly for the free lunches, the forward was taken aback when he was assigned a teaching assistant to help him with his work.
                          When she came to watch him play football, he got revenge - by aiming a free kick straight at her head. A few days later, the teacher understandably quit.
                          The Sweden international is one of the world's most decorated players
                          “I wanted to stand up to the whole world and show everybody who’d doubted me who I really was,” the 39-year-old wrote in his autobiography.
                          “And I couldn’t imagine anyone who’d be able to stop me.”
                          A star for Inter Milan, Barcelona and Manchester United, with 31 trophies and more than 500 goals to his name, it appears nobody could.

Carlos Bacca: Fisherman at the age of 23
                          While most sports stars rise through the ranks from an early age, Colombian Carlos Bacca had to do it the hard way.
                          The Villarreal striker signed for Atletico Junior in 2006, but with his family short of money, he had to work second jobs well into his twenties.
                          Villereal forward Carlos Bacca worked as a fisherman until he was 23
                          “At the age of 20, I lived in a village in Puerto Colombia, working as a bus conductor," he later revealed.
                          "Life at that time was far from convenience. I came from a poor family and had to make money to support them."
                          Even when he was 23, incredible pictures show Bacca, now 34, working as a fisherman - his family trade - before a breakthrough season saw him become the highest scorer in the Copa Colombia.
                          Bacca celebrates becoming the Jupiler League's top scorer during his time with Club Brugge
                          Moves to Club Brugge and Sevilla followed - and the forward became a Europa League hero after scoring the winning penalty for the Spanish club in 2014.
                          A fisherman who knows how to find the back of the net.

Carlos Tevez: Best pal lost to drug gangs
                          Walking to school on the bloody streets of Buenos Aires, Carlos Tevez grew used to the sight of corpses littering the road side.
                          The neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache was ravaged by gang warfare and the striker recalls honing his dribbling skills by weaving between broken glass and syringes.
                          Carlos Tevez honed his dribbling skills on the mean streets of Buenos Aires
                          "Conditions there were bad - we didn’t have much, not many material things," Tevez told the Daily Mail.
                          "It was a really poor neighbourhood. Everything was really hard. When it was dark and you looked out of the window, what you saw would scare anyone. After a certain time you could not go into the street."
                          Aged 11, the young prodigy would practice with broken tennis balls with his friend Dario Coronel, considered by many to be the greater talent of the two at that age.
                          However, while Tevez looked to football as his escape from poverty, Coronel became involved in gangs before reportedly taking his own life at the age of 17.
                          "Everyone decides for themselves what they’re going to do," Tevez later said of his friend.
                          "Dario had everything he needed to be just as successful, but he chose a different path – criminality and drugs – and that ultimately meant that he is no longer with us.
                          "I truly believe that everyone chooses their own route through life, and he – and this has nothing to do with luck – chose the easier option."
                          The former Manchester United forward has poured his wages back into his hometown in Argentina
                          Becoming a star for Manchester United before controversially crossing the divide to join Manchester City, Tevez has made the most of his wealth by pouring money back into his hometown.
                          The 37-year-old launched a foundation in Buenos Aires to help thousands of children, while also pledging money to build more schools and hospitals across the region.
                          "I want to give these children everything so that they have a base to make their lives better," the Boca Juniors star told the Mail.
                          "I want to do it for years to come. I grew up in a place where there weren’t many opportunities if you didn’t become a footballer. It helps you to sleep at night if you know you are doing something to help."

Alireza Beiranvand: Swept streets and slept in pizza shop
                          It was one of the most heartwarming moments of the 2018 World Cup - watching Iranian goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand step up to catch the penalty of superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
                          The dramatic save was the result of years of sacrifice, which unbelievably saw the shotstopper sleep rough on the streets of Tehran and take odd jobs as a street sweeper.
                          He may not be a household name, but Iranian goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand has overcome incredible odds after fleeing to Tehran
                          Coming from a nomadic family who travelled around the countryside of Iran, Beiranvand worked from an early age as a shepherd - pursuing football in his free time to his father's displeasure.
                          “My father didn’t like football at all and he asked me to work,” Beiranvand told the Guardian. “He even tore my clothes and gloves and I played with bare hands several times.”
                          Determined to chase his dream, the young hopeful ran away from home and hopped on a bus to Tehran.
                          He took a series of odd jobs washing cars and working in a dress factory, spending nights sleeping outside of the training ground of a local club where he went for trials every day.
                          “I slept by the club’s door and when I got up in the morning I noticed the coins that people had dropped for me,” he said.
                          “They had thought I was a beggar! Well, I had a delicious breakfast for the first time in a long while.”
                          The keeper saved a penalty from Cristiano Ronaldo in a famous moment for Iranian football
                          After taking up work in a pizza shop so he had somewhere to sleep for the night, Beiranvand caught the eye of Naft-e-Tehran, eventually rising to become their first team keeper.
                          In 2015 he became Iran’s first-choice goalkeeper, keeping 12 clean sheets to help them qualify for the World Cup in Russia. His famous save snatched his side a 1-1 draw against Portugal.
                          Now aged 28, Beiranvand plays for Belgian side Antwerp and shows no sign of letting his dream slip through his hands.

Angel Di Maria: Shovelled coal to save for boots
                          Like his international team mate Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria was born in the city of Rosario, Argentina.
                          His father hoped of becoming a professional footballer himself, but a knee injury cut his dreams short and he took up a low-paying coal mining job.
                          Angel Di Maria comes from the same hometown as Lionel Messi
                          Described as a tiny but hyperactive child, Di Maria helped out with the family business from a young age, hauling huge sacks on his back between football games.
                          “My husband would ask him to fill a bag with a shovel. Angel would come home with coal covering his head to feet,” his mother said.
                          As with many South American footballers living in poverty, football boots were a luxury and the 33-year-old winger still remembers the first pair he bought after saving up his meagre wages.
                          “That was a moment that I would never forget. Having football shoes from my own hard work is something to be happy about," he explained.
                          “At that time I was a kid helping to deliver coal. It was a really hard job. “
                          The PSG star was once too poor to afford a pair of boots
                          After shining in the local Rosario side, his talent saw him called up to the Argentinian Under-20 team for the 2007 Under-20 World Cup.
                          He moved to Benfica, then Real Madrid, before signing to Manchester United for an incredible £60million in 2014.
                          Now plying his trade for Paris Saint-Germain, his boot cupboard is no doubt stocked with a few more pairs these days.
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Butez starting. Ali on bench

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL, I dont know how many chances Butez will get until he will be benched. This is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                                LOL, I dont know how many chances Butez will get until he will be benched. This is ridiculous
                                Really bummer that he ended up with a clean sheet today. One of Anderlecht players ended up with a straight red early in the first half, which took the pressure off of Antwerp.

Comment

Working...
                                X