This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
    ^^ Its nothing uncommon in this region (to use 2nd goalie in cup games). And in the case of Antwerp, where they just loaned this guy and they're still not 100% sure of our main man Beiro, its even more logical to do so.

But now they are out of the National Cup struggle and this keeper let another 3 pass him. So he can warm the bench until Butez returns. Their goes his "they loaned me for 1st keeper" daydream
    I dont really think its even regional. Second GKs have to play at some point. Sometimes for big cup matches in latter stages coaches revert back to first choice GK, but a lot of times they just trust who got them there/what the arrangement was when they signed x player as a backup GK (you will get to show yourself initially in cup games).

It is not really an indictment of how they feel about beiro.

De Wolf loan signing to me just signals that butez is out for a longer stretch than initially thought and if anything (god forbid) happens to beiro then they wanted a capable backup to maintain league position, deputize in huge EL games, bc they dont think mathias (other young gk) is ready for that

Comment

Vercauteren responds to goalkeeper issue Antwerp

At Antwerp they seem to have a goalkeeper issue this season. Because Alireza Beiranvand was unable to convince in recent weeks after Jean Butez's injury, Antwerp took Ortwin De Wolf away from AS Eupen at the beginning of this month. The 23-year-old goalie got his chance in the cup match against Club Brugge on Wednesday evening, but also did not leave a good impression.

After all, De Wolf made a mistake with two of the three Bruges goals. With Dost's 2-1, he failed to clamp the ball, allowing the Dutchman to score in the rebound. With the third goal, he then anticipated a cross much too early, allowing Vormer to place the ball in the short corner. Franky Vercauteren could therefore hardly be satisfied.

"At certain times he could do a little better", Vercauteren admitted to Sporza afterwards , although he remained remarkably mild for his keeper. "For me, every goalkeeper is a number 1. Why should I not give him the opportunity to prove that? We will look at his match again and judge."

Source: https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/58...westie-antwerp / Translated by Google
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
        Vercauteren responds to goalkeeper issue Antwerp

At Antwerp they seem to have a goalkeeper issue this season. Because Alireza Beiranvand was unable to convince in recent weeks after Jean Butez's injury, Antwerp took Ortwin De Wolf away from AS Eupen at the beginning of this month. The 23-year-old goalie got his chance in the cup match against Club Brugge on Wednesday evening, but also did not leave a good impression.

After all, De Wolf made a mistake with two of the three Bruges goals. With Dost's 2-1, he failed to clamp the ball, allowing the Dutchman to score in the rebound. With the third goal, he then anticipated a cross much too early, allowing Vormer to place the ball in the short corner. Franky Vercauteren could therefore hardly be satisfied.

"At certain times he could do a little better", Vercauteren admitted to Sporza afterwards , although he remained remarkably mild for his keeper. "For me, every goalkeeper is a number 1. Why should I not give him the opportunity to prove that? We will look at his match again and judge."

Source: https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/58...westie-antwerp / Translated by Google
        GKs are a different species to the field players. They need to be believed in, trusted and supported and if they are benched every other game it does not turn them into more competitive or better keepers. They need to see how the players in front of them play and become familiar with their strengths and weaknesses and that is only achieved after many games if they play every match. The second goal keeper should not be ranked a first keeper because keepers usually don't get injured so it is a very bad idea to have 2 or 3 first rated keepers (or if the keepers believe they are first rated) as that would cause frustration and tension in the squad. They should choose a first keeper and let the others go.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Here is the only link i found that has the goals for the 3-1 loss a couple of days ago with De Wolf in goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1IQio64yi4

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            Here is the only link i found that has the goals for the 3-1 loss a couple of days ago with De Wolf in goal.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1IQio64yi4
            IMO As he got scored in it was a worse and worse goal to concede.....first one not really his fault, second one he showed a lack of fundamentals on, third one was a terrible goal to concede.

All in all good news bc there really is no debate who the #1 should be at this point. Not that there ever was but this game puts that to bed from any beiro hater.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
              GKs are a different species to the field players. They need to be believed in, trusted and supported and if they are benched every other game it does not turn them into more competitive or better keepers. They need to see how the players in front of them play and become familiar with their strengths and weaknesses and that is only achieved after many games if they play every match. The second goal keeper should not be ranked a first keeper because keepers usually don't get injured so it is a very bad idea to have 2 or 3 first rated keepers (or if the keepers believe they are first rated) as that would cause frustration and tension in the squad. They should choose a first keeper and let the others go.
              This fir me as well..!
              This club looks to be ran by a bunch of over emotional & impulsive clowns ..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                This fir me as well..!
                This club looks to be ran by a bunch of over emotional & impulsive clowns ..!!?
                Have you listened to what beiro has said in his interviews? The management of the club has wanted him to be the #1 GK and put pressure on Leko to make him the number 1. Leko leaves beiro gets the #1 spot....then bringing this de wolf guy just means to me they don’t trust their 3rd choice keeper. Beiro has played consistently besides one or two cup games which is normal to rotate keepers with.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Have you listened to what beiro has said in his interviews? The management of the club has wanted him to be the #1 GK and put pressure on Leko to make him the number 1. Leko leaves beiro gets the #1 spot....then bringing this de wolf guy just means to me they don’t trust their 3rd choice keeper. Beiro has played consistently besides one or two cup games which is normal to rotate keepers with.
                  I was just making general comments about his situation at this club since arrival ..! Way too much drama on keeper front since his arrival & way too much spotlight put on GK performances..!

Hala bebinimo tarif konim ke az halaa bebad che mishe ..!?

Comment

beiro won save of the week from the league broadcaster.

Comment

The previous manager did a lot of damage for whatever reason he had before he buggered off. Antwerp could achieve a lot more even in this season with Beiro if they knew their stuff. But hey! It's their business how to run their club and if they are happy to be second or third best that's up to them. As for Beiro he will no doubt move on and become the best.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        I was just making general comments about his situation at this club since arrival ..! Way too much drama on keeper front since his arrival & way too much spotlight put on GK performances..!

Hala bebinimo tarif konim ke az halaa bebad che mishe ..!?
                        well I think their real plan was beiro as number 1. The fact there was a huge question if he would even make it out of iran in time for the season (covid restrictions, PP being losers,etc) meant they got the butez guy bc they literally had no other senior GKs at the club (Bolat the turk went to Gent).

The series of events after that were largely out of the control of the club and more in the jurisdiction of Leko, who was out of line on multiple occasions. Although he is by no means a BAD coach (tactically I thought the results + style of play he managed in europa league were pretty impressive considering antwerps roster) he is an absolutely atrocious manager... Not only with the things he said about beiro after one bad game, apparently he had a bunch of similar run ins with other players (like benavente who left now) this season which were causing the board a lot of concerns, hence they werent too bothered when china came calling.

Immediately what new coach said was that he was happy with beiro, he needed game time to find form, and that there shouldnt be so much discussion about the GK. The subsequent comments about the new loan backup saying he came to be number 1 and the manager saying he wants all GKs to challenge for the spot is pretty standard stuff you here from all coaches and backup GKs all the time. It doesnt seem like the new coach ever considered changing beiro, even after his couple shaky matches (although for some reason people here thought beiro would be benched again lol).

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          beiro won save of the week from the league broadcaster.

He's built for saves like this. Long arms and legs and quick/light on his feet.

Comment

^ I have played as keeper and this is a tough save. Spinning balls resulting from a header are really tough and the way he adjusts his move not to over dive that could cause the ball to hit the pitch and roll in under or over his body is also great in addition to his great reflex.

Go Beiro!

Comment

ESPN+ is gonna start streaming some Belgian league games. Antwerp and Charleroi on the schedule for this weekend.

Comment

^Sweet! Along with the Championship, that's 4 of our boys that I can watch in HD from the US

Comment

Working...
                                X