This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    From what I've seen most people here are worried about his consistency with Antwerp. One bad game once in a while doesn't make a goalie bad, but when the goalie makes notable errors every 2nd or 3rd game, then there's cause for concern. Even when it seems to be psychological as it is with Beiro's case.

He did good today and took some pressure of him with a Belgian (Youth) international on the bench. Hopefully he can get into a stretch of games without any or little notable errors and cements his position that even when Butez is back, there isn't a discussion about who is the undisputed #1.
    as I said before, The sample size is small. So yes he has 3 games with mistakes in still under 10 games. That statistically is a bad game every 3 games but we know for a GK that rhythm is important, especially when you did not play for 6 months, were under a lot of pressure to get #1 spot, dealt with injury, were settling in new country, etc. IF after 20+ games beiro has like 10 with big mistakes (I am not talking about he makes an average kick to close to halfway line and nobody challenges for the second ball and the team gets red carpet treatment right to goal and score) then I agree with you thats concerning, but as of now to me it just seems like a GK who we know from before is not immune to the odd sooti, finding his groove in a new environment. Up until recently a particularly shit defense was in front of him as well that their coach correctly identified and has set about sorting out.

Comment

Gazet van Anwerpen rated Beira as a 7 and praised his save in the first half and stated he wasn't responsible for the 1-2
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

btw, roberto martinez (belgium NT head coach) was in attendance today. Seems a few antwerp players are under consideration for callups ( I think mainly lukaku and de laet, maybe gerkens).

Antwerp also signed solid CB from fulham (was a starter for nice in ligue 1 before moving there) maxime le marchand. Could be a good addition to help D line

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          as I said before, The sample size is small. So yes he has 3 games with mistakes in still under 10 games. That statistically is a bad game every 3 games but we know for a GK that rhythm is important, especially when you did not play for 6 months, were under a lot of pressure to get #1 spot, dealt with injury, were settling in new country, etc. IF after 20+ games beiro has like 10 with big mistakes (I am not talking about he makes an average kick to close to halfway line and nobody challenges for the second ball and the team gets red carpet treatment right to goal and score) then I agree with you thats concerning, but as of now to me it just seems like a GK who we know from before is not immune to the odd sooti, finding his groove in a new environment. Up until recently a particularly shit defense was in front of him as well that their coach correctly identified and has set about sorting out.
          True comment about size of sample size. Yet data sample size could trick you the other way too. 3 clean sheet out of ten means 30% clean sheets. That's very good yet again it is not a reliable statistic since its out ten games only.

Go Beiro!

Comment

Highlight of the game in HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnj4cnevqc

Comment

Comment

Beiro looks more and more comfortable with his teammates and also in belgium recently.

Saw him playing with his children in the snow and he looks very happy.

Antwerp have been doing well result wise so there's little reason to believe his spot would be in danger.
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  Beiro looks more and more comfortable with his teammates and also in belgium recently.

Antwerp have been doing well result wise so there's little reason to believe his spot would be in danger.
                  Beiro has kids?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    Beiro has kids?
                    Yes he has 2 m. He posts pics and vids on his Instagram taking them to school in Belgium and activities and stuff all the time. They look to bs very at home in Belgium!
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

TBH, when Butez got injured, Antwerp was down to 8th place in the table and now they are 2th. I'm not saying Beiro is the reason but definitely contributing factor

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                        TBH, when Butez got injured, Antwerp was down to 8th place in the table and now they are 2th. I'm not saying Beiro is the reason but definitely contributing factor
                        I think the new coach is doing a pretty decent job at making things stable and cohesive. Leko wanted to play attacking football without realizing that his defense was soorakh.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post

antwerp is also a very nice, big international city, it is not like provincial crappy belgian towns. There is even decent iranian expat community there I think.

The more comfortable he feels with his coach, his teammates, his news surroundings the more assured he will be between the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                            Absolutely, 5 wins including 3 clean sheets. Definitely a strong factor.

He and his teammates seem to be gelling. Beiro and Lamkel Zé even had a special celebration together after the match. This is great.

I wonder who will start in goal in the Belgian Cup Round of 16 against Club Brugge on Wednesday (2/10). This is no ordinary Cup match since it is against the strongest team in the league. I think Beiro will start. He is the man of big matches.

Go Beiro!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                              Absolutely, 5 wins including 3 clean sheets. Definitely a strong factor.

He and his teammates seem to be gelling. Beiro and Lamkel Zé even had a special celebration together after the match. This is great.

I wonder who will start in goal in the Belgian Cup Round of 16 against Club Brugge on Wednesday (2/10). This is no ordinary Cup match since it is against the strongest team in the league. I think Beiro will start. He is the man of big matches.

Go Beiro!
                              I would really be surprised if he did not start. He's right now their first GK.

Comment

^^ Maybe the new guy gets the cup games?
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X