Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were not prepared and the better team won. Simple as this. Even against Bahrain.
    This is entirely on coach.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am really disappointed with the Coach, he seems to be naive and clueless.

His ideas in his selections and tactics and substitutions are not good, I don't know about the way he communicate with players and prepare them mentally but doubt his ability in that department.
      We were terrible today, Shojaei sorry to say but in the field he was a waste of space and I was hoping he would get subbed out with a yellow card he picked, how stupid to keep him in, he was second to every ball and frustrated and on the edge.
      Badly missed a productive player like Jahanbakhsh, or this chap Gholizadeh who is in good form.
      It was embarrassing to see our midfield and defence getting stretched like that.
      Well it seems the table has turned and our 8 years of solid football has truly ended.
      Back to the old days of anxiety and stress and crap football.

I can't think of anyone who could salvage the situation in a short term, we are a sailing ship with a broken mast.

Comment

Blame the manager all you want.
        But the winning goal was not a strong header and our goalie SHOULD have saved it.
        Otherwise :
        1. Bahrain DREW with a team they SHOULD have beaten today - we got lucky .... AND ..... they are not as good as anyone thought.
        2. We have another 4 matches left - playing both Bahrain and Iran AT HOME
        3. We have been here before REMEMBER ? Didn't GUCCI come and score in 3 games in a row and send us to the Brazil World Cup ?
        4. Once again , a manager CHOOSES not to put a man on the far post and his team loses 3 points. WHEN there is NO TIME left and you are virtually defending the LAST play of the game from a corner ..... why do you NOT put a man on both posts??
        As you see in the screen shot ... one of our players is not even IN THE FRAME for the Iraq corner . What were he hoping for ? A counter attack ??!!! SMH
        3 examples ... a man on the far post SAVES you from a loss.
        Iran v Iraq today
        Liverpool v Aston Villa 2 weeks ago
        Iran v Saudi Arabia (the infamous home loss that ended Daei's reign as manager)
        -

ONLY THING TO LOOK FORWARD TO ....
        Return of GHODDOS ... and ... MAY BE ... ASHKAN ...
        Due to Red Card ... SHOJAEI will NOT play in the next match and will not be in the squad ...
        We have 4 matches left .... 3 of them are AT HOME ... only CAMBODIA is away , a team we beat 14-0 at home
        Our last two matches will determine who qualifies ... they are 5 days apart next JUNE in Tehran ... Bahrain June 3rd and Iraq June 8th ...

these two losses may have been the best thing to happen to these players and this coaching staff ...
        We are missing leadership . We need Ashkan back as Captain. And Ghoddos to play as a starter. We are a FAR better team with those two.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Behzadi FAN View Post
          We are missing leadership . We need Ashkan back as Captain. And Ghoddos to play as a starter. We are a FAR better team with those two.
          Totally agree. Its a shame that the leadership is not there from the manager, as well as the "seasoned veteran" Shojaei who technically could have been that 2nd man at the post.

This is a wake up call for TM, and hopefully they reform the starting line-up. However, we need a near PERFECT run in the next 4 games with a less than perfect team.
          #WilmotsOUT

Comment

key to qualify for the next round:

1) Fire the coach (if we do it, okay, if not go on with next point anyway)
            ---
            2) Make sure Wilmots or other coach will be in Iran the next 8 months ALL Time.
            3) 3-week Training camp in December/January while there will be winter break in most countries and they will prepare in qatar, turkey and other countries for the new league. Iran should make 3 weeks or even more if possible training camp and legionairs should also be in the squad, no holidays for Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, and other legionairs (spending as many days as possible in training camp) while winter break in christmas new year days.
            4) play some friendlies, even with clubs in training camp in turkey, or qatar or emirates. use training camp and some friendlies to get ready.
            5) 10-12 days prior to EYD and our two matches vs. hong kong and cambodia, make sure we have 10-14 days training camp prior to these two match days and collect our six points.
            6) end IPL league around 10 May and start preparation training camp for our two final matches vs. bahrain and iraq in June. We need these 3weeks for a good preperation and be closer next to each other and focus to these matches. try to get legionairs as soon as possible.
            7) win both matches or at least collect 4 points out of them, finish with 16 or better 18 points.
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
            -

Comment

Iran didn't have a corner kick if I am not wrong... #footballTahajomi lool

Comment

After having let a few hours pass here are my thoughts.
                1-I was in favor of Wilmots up until this game. I have a serious issue with him playing Shojaei that long yet alone starting him. What gets my blood boiling is how he puts on Amiri .... I mean that I CANNOT ACCEPT. This is the second game in a row he puts on such a useless player when we're down or died and we end up losing a game. Amiri should be NO WHERE near TM anymore.
                2- Good job Mohebbi, very impressive.
                3- Where the hell was Gholizadeh, in my opinion he would have made such a big difference.
                4- We can blame Wilmots all we want but after watching those highlights several times that 2nd goal that Iran scored was so weak. Sure Beiranvand has played well but 100000% that he should have stopped. How it slipped through his fingers/arms like butter was extremely frustrating to watch over.
                5- I don't want you guys to ask for Vouria ever again ahead of Ramin.
                If we fire Wilmots, we won't be in for much better, Herve Renard was the solution for this team. No one else will come here, no ham vatani coach will be able to perform either. I don't know how else to feel right now.

Players I NEVER WANT TO SEE AGAIN:
                1- Amiri
                2- Shojaei
                3- Torabi; he didn't play but his quality is no where near TM.

Comment

What a crummy ref, btw.

all it took was for an iraqi player to shout AT him and he was in the bag for the entire game!!

wow!
                  AFC never ceases to disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    MOHEBBI not credit any credit is a disgrace... he has been a shining star today thus far
                    Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    I really have no clue why people are talking smack about Mohebbi. He's been our best player this half and its not even close.

Wilmots has been terrible managing this game. I honestly can't remember a Team Melli manager with worse tactics. Any amateur would realize that the midfield is being crammed by the Iraqi team so the counter would be to send more long balls over the top to Azmoun and Taremi and to spread the ball towards the wings.
                    Iranianarsenal11 for TM! Moby is the only positive we can take out of this game. (if anything ) The guy was running up and down flanks, putting in a defensive shift, and destroying Serie-A “has-been” like that Ali Adnan. He should go to Europe by January.

But yeah, only him and Nourollahi are the only positives from this match.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                      key to qualify for the next round:

1) Fire the coach (if we do it, okay, if not go on with next point anyway)
                      ---
                      2) Make sure Wilmots or other coach will be in Iran the next 8 months ALL Time.
                      3) 3-week Training camp in December/January while there will be winter break in most countries and they will prepare in qatar, turkey and other countries for the new league. Iran should make 3 weeks or even more if possible training camp and legionairs should also be in the squad, no holidays for Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, and other legionairs (spending as many days as possible in training camp) while winter break in christmas new year days.
                      4) play some friendlies, even with clubs in training camp in turkey, or qatar or emirates. use training camp and some friendlies to get ready.
                      5) 10-12 days prior to EYD and our two matches vs. hong kong and cambodia, make sure we have 10-14 days training camp prior to these two match days and collect our six points.
                      6) end IPL league around 10 May and start preparation training camp for our two final matches vs. bahrain and iraq in June. We need these 3weeks for a good preperation and be closer next to each other and focus to these matches. try to get legionairs as soon as possible.
                      7) win both matches or at least collect 4 points out of them, finish with 16 or better 18 points.
                      sensible approach....but way too tall of an order for our biorzeh and bikhial IFF to pull off even one of these..!

Comment

I just watched the game again. I have to say this was one of the worse I have seen over the past decade. I would put this performance in the same category as the 3-1 loss to Bahrain. Just a horrible display. Not a single player with decent display. Everybody was below average. But I don't blame it too much on the players . The formation and system of play was flawed. Coach is useless.

Comment

Beiro also is not the keeper of WC, having an average season and being average at best in TM

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            I just watched the game again. I have to say this was one of the worse I have seen over the past decade. I would put this performance in the same category as the 3-1 loss to Bahrain. Just a horrible display. Not a single player with decent display. Everybody was below average. But I don't blame it too much on the players . The formation and system of play was flawed. Coach is useless.
                            Impressed that you could stomach such a game AGAIN! I was literally sick to my stomach this morning after watching it live.

Comment

Hopefully cool heads will prevail here. I appreciate the passion in this forum (that I also have) yet anger and name calling will not help anyone who wants to engage in constructive discussion and that's what I am committed to. Here are my observations (disclaimer: could not watch the whole game due to work and faulty links).

1- The coaching staff has now demonstrated in action that they do not have a good grasp of tactics, strategy in congruence with capabilities and psychology of the team that should be managed creatively vs various opponents. By stating that he understands the sensitivity of the Iraq match yet teams either win, loose or tie, Wilmots showed that he has not learned how we as a nation are ultra-sensitive to the two matches vs Bahrain and Iraq (and other similar opponents). He lacks creativity in bringing all those four elements together. Perhaps that's why he underachieved with Belgium's incredible talent in 2014 WC and 2016 EC and later in Ivory Coast's 2018 WC qualification and was ultimately let go in both instances. Hashemian has also shown that he either did not possess those qualities either or was incapable of conveying them to Wilmots and that is another disqualifying element to be HC (perhaps he could learn after gaining more experience at club level). I should say that I supported both and chose to give them time to see whether they are up to the task and now I have seen in action that they are not.

2- It is now crystal clear that IFF made several strategic errors in the past 10.5 months. First, letting the coaching gem of CQ (and staff) go. Second, hiring Wilmots instead of Renard (there is now credible evidence that Renard had agreed to head TM in June and IFF decided to go with Wilmots thinking they could get him earlier while he ended up joining at the same time that Renard could have started). IFF also continued with no friendlies and there was no insistence (as far as we know) by coaching staff to have friendlies. I understand the impact of sanctions yet paying Wilmots right before the Iraq game showed that there are ways to get the funds if they really give it their 100%.

3- IFF had this piece on the website today (http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/4512/%D8%AA%...B1%D8%AF%D8%AF) stating that TM will make a comeback. Considering the actions of the leadership stated above I am quite doubtful. The only way to do that is to cut the losses right now and change the coaching staff in an immediate fashion and I am almost certain that Taj and team lack the courage and will to do that. I will welcome it if they prove me wrong. I also don't mind if Wilmots and staff prove me wrong by bringing about a complete transformation in their performance yet again I highly doubt that and future can not be built on hope and doubt.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Impressed that you could stomach such a game AGAIN! I was literally sick to my stomach this morning after watching it live.
                                Wtf has such a team any thing to do in the WC. Asian teams beside s Korea Japan and Australia should get their spot by a draw.
                                I mean dudes we are talking about losing to garbage teams like Bahrain and Iraq[emoji38]! What the hell we do if we meet powers from all over the world?[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                [SIZE=5][FONT=Times New Roman]ASHEGET[COLOR=blue]

Comment

Working...
                                X