No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they aren't planning with him next season, he probably won't get any more gametime. It benefits Brighton as he won't get injured before a sale and other players can be adapted to new tactics

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      I would be very surprised if Alireza is there next season and I think as some other clubs are doing they are keeping him away from injury so they can sell him.

Look we can bitch and moan about Potter all we want and ‘same points as last season’ etc and as Iranian fans we are are going to be pissed off Alireza isn’t playing as rightly as we enjoy watching him play.
      However I am guessing that Brighton fans are going to be very very happy since the restart with 4 points against Leicester and Arsenal. We can keep going round and round in circles but ultimately Brighton fans just want to stay up, that is their goal. Our goal is different, we want them to stay up with Alireza playing.
      But the last coach was fired for just staying up!! No?
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        It depends on how much exposure JB has (how much his agent can do).

The problem is that he was bought for such a high price and high wages and other clubs might not be able to match what Brighton wants/JB salary is.

Realistically, any team in Holland/Portugal who needs JB would be blessed if he went there.

If he can go to Spain I think a team like Celta Vigo/Levante and dare I say Osasuna would match his level.

Bundesliga is crowded with wingers but he could definitelt play for mid/lower mid table teams.
        Man I would love to have another Iranian in Osasuna. I really loved that club - great fans, very respectable home grown talent and they really respect Iranians. It’d be great if JB could get loaned or a permanent move there.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          What is an ideal and realistic team/league that JB should play for next season?
          At this point, I'd be happy with any European team that gives him consistent starts so he can build his confidence and keep him match fit/ready (mentally and physically) for TM games. Look at how well Sardar, Kaveh, Ali Goli, and Mehdi are doing when given confidence and responsibility. If he goes to La Liga or another EPL team and eats more bench, who does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            But the last coach was fired for just staying up!! No?
            Not for keeping them up, they were on a run of three wins in 23 games and they didn’t think he could move them on and his style of football too wasn’t liked by fans.

Yes Potter has them on the same amount of points but they knew it would take him a while to build on what was done before and ‘hopefully’ (for them) improve on their league position. It is a project, hence the 5 year contract, if in two years time they aren’t minding forward then probably yes they may think the project hasn’t worked and move on.

Comment

Its going to be hard for him to move with the way the market is going to be this summer. Clubs are going to do a few absolute must transfer and the rest will mostly just promote from within.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

Not for keeping them up, they were on a run of three wins in 23 games and they didn’t think he could move them on and his style of football too wasn’t liked by fans.

Yes Potter has them on the same amount of points but they knew it would take him a while to build on what was done before and ‘hopefully’ (for them) improve on their league position. It is a project, hence the 5 year contract, if in two years time they aren’t minding forward then probably yes they may think the project hasn’t worked and move on.
                The reality is a bit different. CH was fired, because of the results. Whatever the results were, they were just as good as now.

Potter came in and had the good fortune of an easy draw for the first 10 games or so. They did ok. Nothing to get excited about, but mid-table results, albeit against a week competition at the beginning. Coupled with the increased passing, the moronic management got all excited and thought they had the second-coming of Jesus and extended his contract long-term.

Then reality hit in the form of having to play the rest of the league, and they were back right where they belong, fighting relegation. With or without JB, they just do not have the players or the coach to do any better. That's the reality.

A re-building effort is usually when you lose a lot of players and have to bring a new batch to mold and form. When you bring in a new coach, without too much player loss, the expectation is always to get better results (see Arsenal situation with Wenger and Emery). The expectation is not to repeat the same results and hope for a better day later. That day will may never come, which was the case with Emery, and most probably will be the case with Potter.

Watching BHA this season makes it clear that Potter was never an EPL caliber coach. I don't even think he is a Championship caliber coach. He should probably go back to Sweden's third division and hope that he gets lucky again.
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Its going to be hard for him to move with the way the market is going to be this summer. Clubs are going to do a few absolute must transfer and the rest will mostly just promote from within.
                  At this point BHA would just have to eat a portion his salary and loan him out. By staying at BHA his stock is going to plummet. He needs to be at a place where he can shine and bring his stock back up. Therefore BHA can at least recoup the money on a permanent sale.

Comment

If he does move, It will most likely be a loan to a Persian Gulf Arab team, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ali accepts it, just so he can get playing time.

As Nokhodi said, the European transfer market is going to be very slow this summer/winter.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      If he does move, It will most likely be a loan to a Persian Gulf Arab team, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ali accepts it, just so he can get playing time.
                      As Nokhodi said, the European transfer market is going to be very slow this summer/winter.
                      With AZ being in CL next year, I can see them trying to loan Ali for depth

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

seems pretty far fetched to me. Jahanbakhsh himself would never accept such a proposal, and is not really the profile for those type of teams either. All signs scream return to eridivisie where a CL bound AZ could easily find an important place for him in the team on a loan deal that would hugely benefit all parties. ARJ returns to where he is comfortable, but also gets to show himself in CL which could rescue his value if he performs. Benefits brighton immensely as they will just pay a portion of his contract and get him to effectively put himself in the shop window at AZ. AZ themselves get their best player back with PL experience, a great role model for their younger crop of players.

Comment

ARJ at FC Porto would be amazing.. Remembers me somehow to Quaresma on the right wing
                          ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                            The reality is a bit different. CH was fired, because of the results. Whatever the results were, they were just as good as now.

Potter came in and had the good fortune of an easy draw for the first 10 games or so. They did ok. Nothing to get excited about, but mid-table results, albeit against a week competition at the beginning. Coupled with the increased passing, the moronic management got all excited and thought they had the second-coming of Jesus and extended his contract long-term.

Then reality hit in the form of having to play the rest of the league, and they were back right where they belong, fighting relegation. With or without JB, they just do not have the players or the coach to do any better. That's the reality.

A re-building effort is usually when you lose a lot of players and have to bring a new batch to mold and form. When you bring in a new coach, without too much player loss, the expectation is always to get better results (see Arsenal situation with Wenger and Emery). The expectation is not to repeat the same results and hope for a better day later. That day will may never come, which was the case with Emery, and most probably will be the case with Potter.

Watching BHA this season makes it clear that Potter was never an EPL caliber coach. I don't even think he is a Championship caliber coach. He should probably go back to Sweden's third division and hope that he gets lucky again.
                            The rebuilding effort was going on behind the scenes too, bringing in the much respected Dan Ashworth as technical director last spring was the start , Hughtons days were numbered from there. Over the Summer we saw a few Hughton signings leave or go out on loan and there has been a focus on bringing through youth players and buying young players with potential like Lamptey. Ashworth will be pulling the strings and the signings will be his choices no question about it.

I’m of the other opinion I don’t think Potter has done a bad job at all, keeping Brighton up with their budget and where they have come from is a feat for them. As was said , due to Alireza not playing people are seeing it in a different way and saying how much of a bad coach he is. The guy took a nowhere Swedish team to the top league and through the Europa League group stages and most likely will be keeping Brighton up in his first season in the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
                              ARJ at FC Porto would be amazing.. Remembers me somehow to Quaresma on the right wing
                              I think he'd fit perfectly in to celta vigo's squad, the manager can move santi mina to striker with aspas and they can play a 4-1-2-1-2 with ali on the right and denis suarez to the left

Comment

Hich kas fekr nemikone be tarze GHARZI shayad bere yek bashgaahaaye payine jadvali dar PL?

Manande Watford?
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X