• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record books:

ARJ scores Brighton’s fastest EPL goal at 2 mins, 29 secs

🇮🇷 Third Iranian player to score an EPL goal

Comment

Potter said after the game he was very happy for JB and that despite not being selected this season his attitude has been exemplary and he’s been working very hard and everyone in the stadium today was happy for him. Also noticed andone was really happy too he commented with heart eye emoji’s on the BHA Instagram post.

You love to hear that stuff but no shock we all know ARJ is a true professional. Interested to see how today impacts his role going forward, sometimes all it takes is one goal for you to get your confidence back
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

What a GREAT feeling. I'm really happy for him. Although guys, don't get your hopes up I don't think he'll magically start games now. I think it might be a long road ahead. Seems to me like Potter was honest about what he said and that he really just wants the best for his team. He will play whoever he thinks in his opinion will be the best option. Doesn't mean that other coaches think the same way.

Comment

In addition to being elated for ARJ (he deserves this so much), I must give credit to Maupay for his amazing assist. He drew in 2 defenders closer to the goal and gifted the ball to ARJ with the perfect placement and speed. It could not have been any better of an assist. He's now my second favorite player on BHA =). Also, the celebration after the goal was very moving. ARJ was clearly emotional and nearly in tears and the entire team came over to hug and congratulate him. What a feeling!

Comment

I thought this BHA team played very good fluid football.

Under Hughton I thought that the team overachieved given the quality of their championship-level squad, can see why they've given Potter this long contract despite the fact that his results are not significantly better than Hughton's were at this point last year. He's already changed things up significantly and brought through a lot of good young players, playing better football than they did under Hughton (and still with a large number of championship level players).

Obviously sad that JB wasn't given trust (and perhaps respect he deserves) but at the same time Potter's decision has been vindicated as this is a footballer who is hard on himself and low on confidence, so Potter can say he was waiting for the "right time"...

All of us have been swept up in all of this because of our feelings about JB - he really is a special guy and he deserves every success in the world. I'm sure he will still come good, and hopefully he will take something out of this BHA experience.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              In addition to being elated for ARJ (he deserves this so much), I must give credit to Maupay for his amazing assist. He drew in 2 defenders closer to the goal and gifted the ball to ARJ with the perfect placement and speed. It could not have been any better of an assist. He's now my second favorite player on BHA =). Also, the celebration after the goal was very moving. ARJ was clearly emotional and nearly in tears and the entire team came over to hug and congratulate him. What a feeling!
              For those who have watched Brighton this year it’s been clear Maupay is their best attacking player and a huge upgrade from grandpa Murray. He’s been doing this all season and for me that’s part of why I wanted ARJ to succeed in BHA so bad this year...bc with an attacking group like Maupay, trossard, mooy, etc. it can open up a lot of space for him and match his style & pace
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
                Ali's gonna do something this week, I can feel it.
                told ya

Comment

Actually I think alot of people complaints have been validated. ARJ confidence had been completely shattered you can tell when he almost broke down crying.

He probably is good enough for the EPL but Brighton last year was just a bad move for two reasons:
                  Toxic Team mates (Potter got rid of almost all of them)
                  Bad tactics by Chris Hughton.
                  Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Got emotional watching how much it meant to him too, you’ll make us proud Alireza keep at it, and congrats on becoming only the third Iranian to ever score in the premier league.
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

It's funny to see how one goal changes this thread from dark thunderstorm to pink flowerrain over night. (no judgment just an observation)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                        It's funny to see how one goal changes this thread from dark thunderstorm to pink flowerrain over night. (no judgment just an observation)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
                        This goal was very cathartic for everyone here, and a long time coming. It was like we were carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders, waiting for our player to prove his mettle. We all knew he had it in him, and now it was evident to the whole Amex stadium. He got a standing ovation when subbed out.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                          Actually I think alot of people complaints have been validated. ARJ confidence had been completely shattered you can tell when he almost broke down crying.
                          He probably is good enough for the EPL but Brighton last year was just a bad move for two reasons:
                          Toxic Team mates (Potter got rid of almost all of them)
                          Bad tactics by Chris Hughton.
                          toxic teammates? is this true? see this said on PFDC a lot but is there any backing for it? we just assume he has toxic teammates because of body language and because it seems like they wouldn't pass to him? lol

Comment

Jahanbakhsh: It’s an incredible feeling

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...edible-feeling

Alireza Jahanbakhsh was pleased that his patience paid off after his record-breaking goal helped Albion secure three precious points against AFC Bournemouth.

he Iranian midfielder’s first goal for the club two minutes and 29 seconds into Saturday’s 2-0 victory was Albion’s quickest in their Premier League history, and only the third by an Iranian in the competition.

“It was an incredible feeling,” he said. “When I knew I was playing I had a good feeling that I could help the team. I’ve had to wait a long time for this moment, and I am glad I took it. It was the perfect afternoon for us: three points, a goal for myself and a clean sheet.”

Judging by his emotional celebration, the goal meant a lot on a personal level for the 26-year-old.

“It took longer than I expected to get my chance this season and I was determined to grab it,” added Jahanbakhsh. “I’ve been training well day in day out and every time I get my chance I want to make an impact.

“I always felt we had control of the game. We have had some good performances recently and been a bit unlucky.

“At home, with our fans behind us, I thought we did a great job as a team. Every individual helped each other, we created chances and defensively we were very good.”

Comment

for those who watched the game, how did he do other than the goal? how would you rate him if he hadn't scored? This complicates the january transfer window, because he may have turned a corner with the goal. if he gained potter's trust with his performance we may see him more regularly.

Comment

ARJ and Potter's post match interviews:

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/st...56774687301632

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/st...54409825505280

Comment

Working...
                                X