This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    The funny thing is, the people I'm talking about are all non-religious! This has rooted in our culture that bad! The expression of dokhtara ba dokhtara - pesara ba pesara was even mentioned many times when I was a kid. and then people think we are culturally advanced.
    Dude we have one of the most advanced cultures in the world! We have high culture, just talk to foreigners who visit Iran and they'll tell you how amazing Iranian culture is, how polite people are. Shame Iranian diaspora members have such contempt for the Iranian culture due to their inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
      Most of these policies were enacted by Khomeini? Do you know anything about Iran and it's history? Iran wasn't Paris until Khomeini came and took us back to medieval Arabia with his Indian heritage and Arabic accent. These policies, customs and cultural conservative rules were present in Iran long before Khomeini was born.

Seriously where do you guys come from?
      If 1 women attended the games it means that back then they were allowed to and now they are not.

This rule change coincided with a certain "diaspora member who left Iran many many years ago and came back to tell people how to live their lives and run the country."

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        If 1 women attended the games it means that back then they were allowed to and now they are not.

This rule change coincided with a certain "diaspora member who left Iran many many years ago and came back to tell people how to live their lives and run the country."
        And I already gave him 3 women examples. He is either calling me a liar or my female relatives.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Shame Iranian diaspora members have such contempt for the Iranian culture due to their inferiority complex.
          LOL...but you are the one who doesn't want to "allow" your wife and sisters to attempt men's football stadiums, not me!

Comment

Ok but here you are talking about women's right. and I agree with that. But before I thought we were talking about the "man-woman" relation.
            Power relationships we still have much work to be done as apparently the words "allow" and "do not allow" still permeate the relationships between men and women

Comment

LOL...but you are the one who doesn't want to "allow" your wife and sisters to attempt men's football stadiums, not me!
              Give him some credit. He switched it to strongly advise against before switching back to not allowing his wife to do things.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Power relationships we still have much work to be done as apparently the words "allow" and "do not allow" still permeate the relationships between men and women
                Yeah, exactly. See.....

Comment

آبادان فوتبال استادیوم 1350

Pic from Irane Ghadim Chanel Telegram
                  Last edited by St_Mark; 07-16-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Thank you for this photo St_Mark jan.

It appears that not only did 'cushy liberal elites of Iran' have women attend stadiums but that men and women of all walks of life and ethnicities living in Iran were perfectly capable of doing the same.

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna give sirvan credit for stating his honest opinion even though it's not liked by anyone here. and we are also not here to gang up against anyone but rather learn from each other.

I agree with sirvan completely that despite the fun to be in stadiums in Iran, they can be rather unpleasant environment for many people. and of course most of us don't want our loved ones to end up in an unpleasant environment. but that is true for both men and women who we love.

However sirvan jan, you need to realize that even if your female loved ones don't get to go to the stadiums, they have heard and will hear the bad words else where in the streets. and you can not control that. They are all grown up persons and have already heard and seen everything you are trying to protect them from. It's rather the people who say the curse words who are marked with bad manner and low class instead. and low class people exist everywhere, even in the streets. So unless you want to go backwards a 1000 years and keep your women inside at all times, you can not stop them from hearing bad words or unpleasantness in the society, no matter what. So the best is to let them be free and choose where they want to go and what they want to do. and if you see people cursing in front of them, then it's them who are not "aadam".

Finally if you feel the need to curse yourself and think you are being forced to stop if your women are around, then you better go somewhere to be alone and curse the h*ll out of yourself. It should not be at the cost of the freedom of your and others' women to attend a football game.

Comment

Thank you for this photo St_Mark jan.
                        It appears that not only did 'cushy liberal elites of Iran' have women attend stadiums but that men and women of all walks of life and ethnicities living in Iran were perfectly capable of doing the same.
                        But only those women whose husbands "allowed" them to attend. God knows what kind of punishment they would suffer at the mighty hands of their husband if they chose to attend after being denied permission.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Pic from Irane Ghadim Chanel Telegram
                          That is such an amazing picture. So much variety in women attending the stadium. From the niqab wearing ones to the ones with no hijab! All freedom for everyone with any idea and cultural belief! That is what I call a society!

Comment

Dude we have one of the most advanced cultures in the world! We have high culture, just talk to foreigners who visit Iran and they'll tell you how amazing Iranian culture is, how polite people are. Shame Iranian diaspora members have such contempt for the Iranian culture due to their inferiority complex.
                            aslan hich rabti nadare be harfaei ke mizani, our culture doesn't include not allowing woman to enter football matches where our mens national team plays! it's your regime that has this culture. and i saw previously you were writing that woman back then barely drove cars!?!??!

well i can say my mother drove her car, my aunt, woman back then were in the military having positions.. aslan fekr konam khodetam nemifahmi chi dari migi, ya ienke khodeto zadi be oon rah. any guy who thinks womans should not be allowed in the stadium just because they can't curse freely, their sick people.. even ur friends who agree to not allowing them. they should have the right to choose what they want, even in clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                              aslan hich rabti nadare be harfaei ke mizani, our culture doesn't include not allowing woman to enter football matches where our mens national team plays! it's your regime that has this culture. and i saw previously you were writing that woman back then barely drove cars!?!??!
                              well i can say my mother drove her car, my aunt, woman back then were in the military having positions.. aslan fekr konam khodetam nemifahmi chi dari migi, ya ienke khodeto zadi be oon rah. any guy who thinks womans should not be allowed in the stadium just because they can't curse freely, their sick people.. even ur friends who agree to not allowing them. they should have the right to choose what they want, even in clothing.
                              Keep in mind he has told us that his wife needs him to allow her to do certain things. That is the mindset.
                              He has also told us that Iranian men don't curse in front of women so that cursing can't be the reason why he doesn't want to allow his wife in a stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                                Keep in mind he has told us that his wife needs him to allow her to do certain things. That is the mindset.
                                Does your wife allow you to get drunk on a wednesday when you have to work the next day?

Comment

Working...
                                X