This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
    If Gucci could still play, he would have played during the WC and would have been called to AC. His best days are way behind him. I thought his selection for the WC was questionable at best. I will always have a soft spot for him because of all the great things he did for TM. The goal in South Korea might have been the greatest goal in Iranian football history. But in no way I want to see him anywhere near TM now. It’s time to start phasing out most of the old guys.
    It's definitely one of the most important goals ever, but I'd still say the greatest one was Azizi Vs Australia in 97.

Comment

He was a total failure in Sydney now he wants to return to TM?
      No thanks.
      There was a good reason why CQ kept you on the bench Reza and for that you should be grateful.

Comment

I don't understand why Reza is complaining about CQ not playing him. His game obviously deteriorated after 2016 and he was a shell of himself although he performed solidly at the club level in Holland. Players like Sardar and Taremi came in and simply surpassed him.
        He should be thankful for CQ because I am sure managers like Ghotbi or Daei prior had no knowledge of him nor really had any intentions of inviting him. CQ came in and took a risk on him and Reza's name value soared and he became a household name in Iran to where he met his future wife. So instead of bashing CQ, he should be thankful for everything CQ has done for him

Comment

excluding jalal hosseini was cqs decision and it was a perfect decision. now we have developed majid hosseini who is 22 yrs old in his place. if not for cq we would have a major hole at the cb position
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            excluding jalal hosseini was cqs decision and it was a perfect decision. now we have developed majid hosseini who is 22 yrs old in his place. if not for cq we would have a major hole at the cb position
            Thank you.

Comment

he's clearly not criticizing the decision to leave out seyyed jalal, he is criticizing the way in which it was done which he has a very fair point about.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                he's clearly not criticizing the decision to leave out seyyed jalal, he is criticizing the way in which it was done which he has a very fair point about.
                Come on bro. He should have had the decency to retire, In Iran people hang on waaaay to long and dont know when to call it quits. maldini retired from world cup 2002. He won a champions league in 2003 Final in 2005 Won again in 2007, So he obviously could have still played, But instead Italy developed Cannavaro Nesta Materazzi BARZAGLI CHIELLINI BONUCCI instead.

Totti retired in 2006, He played until 2 or 3 years ago lol.

Iranians cant let go.
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Some players do stay much longer than usual on their national teams(Pepe and Rafa Marquez are two recent examples) but they actually have roles that are either too crucial or based in experience.

Pepe's Park the bus aerial prowess and fouling(followed by William Carvalho in front of him) is a main reason Portugal sees out games 1-0.

Rafa Marquez had the same role Shojaei did for TM in Asian Cup as a team leader.

If a player doesn't fit those roles, they will see a limited role. I respect the hell out of Seyyed Jalal(sans his meltdown with PP support) but he would have been a rotation CB, esp with his lack of pace, and thats much worse on the ego.

Comment

Although it was the right decision, i rather have CQ exclude Montazeri instead of Seyed Jalal

Comment

Come on bro. He should have had the decency to retire, In Iran people hang on waaaay to long and dont know when to call it quits. maldini retired from world cup 2002. He won a champions league in 2003 Final in 2005 Won again in 2007, So he obviously could have still played, But instead Italy developed Cannavaro Nesta Materazzi BARZAGLI CHIELLINI BONUCCI instead.

Iranians cant let go.
                      now you're changing the argument again man hes saying the way in which the exclusion was done is wrong......everything you just mentioned is irrelevant. he didn't retire bc he was in good form in a position that at the time we had no clear viable younger option let alone multiple options like italy did and then didnt get the respect from the coaching staff to be excluded in the right way.

im as big as a CQ fan as you or anyone else but he was clearly in the wrong here.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

now you're changing the argument again man hes saying the way in which the exclusion was done is wrong.....
                        Is there a right way to exclude a player from TM?!! In the rest of the world, a coach calls up the players for a tournament. The ones who are not called up, are excluded; as simple as that. What did Gucci expect exactly? What is the right way of not calling someone up for TM? An instagram post? What should CQ have done? Throw Seyed Jalal a TM retirement party? Or come on TV and cry his eyes out that he cannot take a certain player to WC?
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                          Is there a right way to exclude a player from TM?!! In the rest of the world, a coach calls up the players for a tournament. The ones who are not called up, are excluded; as simple as that. What did Gucci expect exactly? What is the right way of not calling someone up for TM? An instagram post? What should CQ have done? Throw Seyed Jalal a TM retirement party? Or come on TV and cry his eyes out that he cannot take a certain player to WC?
                          all CQ had to do was to take aryan go to see seyyed jalal sit him down thank him for what hes done for tm tell him about the decision he came to and thats it. is that really that crazy of an expectation for one of our most capped player who served us well his entire career?
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Side note:—what the heck ever happened to the new IFF crest/logo that was promised after the World Cup? Any news on it??

Comment

all CQ had to do was to take aryan go to see seyyed jalal sit him down thank him for what hes done for tm tell him about the decision he came to and thats it. is that really that crazy of an expectation for one of our most capped player who served us well his entire career?
                              Yes people were surprised about CQ not inviting Hosseini to the WC squad but not about the way he got informed. Of course we don't want such a player to be treated in a disrespectful way, but I doubt that a pro like CQ & his staff would do so.
                              As hard as it may sound Queiroz just decided to not invite Hosseini anymore that's it. However Queiroz later thanked him & appreciated Jalal's effort in a looot of interviews .

He even thanked him on his personal Instagram page not only one time but two times. The man worked and fought for 8 years, how was he treated leaving Iran?
                              As I said, imo it is just childish that Gucci comes with this stuff, now that CQ has left Iran and cannot comment his accusations I'm sick that he has left, but people like him or Misaghi stiiill continue complaining about sh*t
                              Dude if you were that sad about the way he got informed, you had the chance to speak with Queiroz himself or even talk about your motivations of leaving TM when he was still Iran's coach. But I guess that's the Irani mindset.
                              And can't Hosseini just talk for himself if they really treated him less he deserved...
                              why do we always have to create unnecessary drama to make us look better..

04 June 2018
                              3A6E7928-2495-418A-9A75-0C401667200E.jpeg
                              02 December 2018
                              3C2F6CA7-18B7-48C6-963D-9E39994756C5.jpeg

Comment

Iranians cant let go.
                                Horrible example. See what the players Italy developed have (not) achieved in the past 10 years.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X