This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    How long Wilmots coached Côte d'ivoire for?
    some 6 or so games, last time i checked..!!
    not a very promising sign if this dude signs up..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
      Where are all the guys on the forum who were saying we can get a better, cheaper European coach than CQ. We're gonna get sholezard and like it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      I actually looked up Sholezard thinking it's some type of german coach I don't know about LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
        I actually looked up Sholezard thinking it's some type of german coach I don't know about LOL

at first glance i was nearly tempted to do so too ...!!

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
          Franz Sholezard is too expensive for us, I think we might end up with an Eastern European like Zereshky instead.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
            Its MARC WILMOTS!! It will be confirmed in a few days....
            Source?

Comment

I really don't understand why some people in here are complaining about Marc Wilmots.
              Just be grateful it's not Branko, Schaffer, or Daei.

With the financial situation the federation and country is facing, we should be grateful to even have someone like Wilmots

Comment

This morning I was tempted to edit the Wiki page for Team Melli and put ehsan_singapore as the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                  Where are all the guys on the forum who were saying we can get a better, cheaper European coach than CQ. We're gonna get sholezard and like it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                  hahaha - I still can't believe some people here thought that we can get a better coach than CQ, let a lone a better coach, who's cheaper as well!

They must have been Perspolis fans, who were pissed about their players not being selected.

Comment

If people here are expecting someone significantly better than Wilmots, they're dreaming.

At least he's achieved the following:

- Qualified Belgium to the 2014 world cup
                    - Won all 3 group stage matches
                    - made it to the quarter finals, only losing 1-0 to eventual finalists, Argentina (who were really strong with Sabella as coach)

Can you guys name me a coach who's achieved more than this, and is a realistic option for Team Melli?

After the ridiculous way CQ was treated here, and the situation with sanctions, we should be thrilled to have Wilmots even consider Team Melli as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      I really don't understand why some people in here are complaining about Marc Wilmots.

With the financial situation the federation and country is facing, we should be grateful to even have someone like Wilmots
                      Na dude...after CQ the expectations have increased tremendously! and rightly so too! Don't go having a low expectation only because of bad economy/sanctions. When CQ came to Iran, we had lots of sanctions then as well. We do have lots of problems but we also do deserve a good coach! Nothing less than CQ will be satisfying anymore. and damn right too! IFF knows it, people know it themselves too.

Taj has promised a very good coach so let's hope he can achieve someone at least at the level of CQ!

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        If people here are expecting someone significantly better than Wilmots, they're dreaming.

At least he's achieved the following:

- Qualified Belgium to the 2014 world cup
                        - Won all 3 group stage matches
                        - made it to the quarter finals, only losing 1-0 to eventual finalists, Argentina (who were really strong with Sabella as coach)

Can you guys name me a coach who's achieved more than this, and is a realistic option for Team Melli?

After the ridiculous way CQ was treated here, and the situation with sanctions, we should be thrilled to have Wilmots even consider Team Melli as an option.
                        Did you see what kind of players Belgian NT had?

Comment

Look at the players he had.
                          Look at the football they played.
                          They wasted their golden generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Na dude...after CQ the expectations have increased tremendously! and rightly so too! Don't go having a low expectation only because of bad economy/sanctions. When CQ came to Iran, we had lots of sanctions then as well. We do have lots of problems but we also do deserve a good coach! Nothing less than CQ will be satisfying anymore. and damn right too! IFF knows it, people know it themselves too.

Taj has promised a very good coach so let's hope he can achieve someone at least at the level of CQ!
                            I want a really great coach too but when the IFF has no money or resources to even fund our AC2019 campaign and have to rely on other federations for support, then what else can we expect??
                            I would love something bigger and better than CQ, but we have to be reasonable in this case. We just flat out got very lucky with CQ and were fortunate to have him for 8 years

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Look at the players he had.
                              Look at the football they played.
                              They wasted their golden generation.
                              That golden generation was still very young at that point. Most of their premier players on that team were in their early 20s and lost to a better Argentina team that had the likes of Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain in their PRIME

Comment

That golden generation was still very young at that point. Most of their premier players on that team were in their early 20s and lost to a better Argentina team that had the likes of Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain in their PRIME
                                Ok, then look at his failure in Euro 2016.
                                Speak to some Belgian fans, as well as Ivory Coast fans. He's viewed as a very poor manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X