This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Unless you are Ajax and have elite players at your disposal. And even then, they still concede costly goals which eliminated them from this CL.
    Total football lost to German technicality and Catenaccio

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Argentina played some of the ugliest football in the 1990 World Cup and reached the final. Most teams would gladly swap their performance and final placement for that.
      Unless people change their tune for political/family reasons, those who critique Queiroz based on results or style of play have a lack of any realism. It's harsh to say but they live in a dream world where Iran has a different government/leaders/football infrastructure/economic and geopolitical status/recent sport history.

Mano bebakhshid but I just want to say "wake up, for God's sake wake up".

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
        Seriously i love CQ too but dont overrate our 4 points, that was the ugliest soccer ive ever seen and we really were lucky to get the points ( ok you deserve points for fighting) but i dont know where we were respected ,i remember my friends saying iran should never competenin WC so ugly was the game style
        As people say nobody is perfect, who knows what would have happend with 20% changed and more attacking football. It is peoples right to critisize, i was sad too because in my opinion we had to play different, losing 0-1 or 4-0 who cares if you are out
        no disrespct to your friends but their opinions do not reflect what the masses were saying in the media. not going to pull all the articles but if you kept up with the news and read what ppl were saying all over twitter during that time you wouldn't have these doubts
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
          Seriously i love CQ too but dont overrate our 4 points, that was the ugliest soccer ive ever seen and we really were lucky to get the points ( ok you deserve points for fighting) but i dont know where we were respected ,i remember my friends saying iran should never competenin WC so ugly was the game style
          As people say nobody is perfect, who knows what would have happend with 20% changed and more attacking football. It is peoples right to critisize, i was sad too because in my opinion we had to play different, losing 0-1 or 4-0 who cares if you are out
          I got the polar opposite from my non-iranian friends, and the people i met travelling around russia and eved brazil

Particularly those who have worked in football were amazed with how well-drilled Iran was, playing like a club side. It became the most obvious on things like defending corners. The way the players shaped themselves were just a testament to the amount of practice they had and how much they trusted each other. Very few other countries could do that in a world cup. If we had more intrinsic talent coming through from grass roots level then who knows....

Comment

It's incredibly that we talk about TM as if Iran has German football academies, English money being invested, and top notch training facilities from Spain and Italy. We don't have any of that, we can't even provide our players with authentic training gear. Our players and coaches don't get paid, and when they do, it's a quarter of their money given to them 2 years later, and those are only the stories we hear, imagine all the players who don't have the spotlight or opportunity to talk about the stupid things they have to deal with.

CQ, his staff, and the players accomplished much more than they were supposed to in the 8 years he managed us. The first WC qualification we almost went out, but the second one + all of our WC appearances were just incredible. He got our players to go outside of Iran and test themselves. Hajsafi finally moved out of Iran, Taremi, Rezaei, Gholizadeh, Delfi, Sayyadmanesh, Ansarifard, Abedzadeh -- he brought us Ghoddos and brought some great players to TM. Most surprisingly, our players only spoke well about him!

And yet, here we are arguing about how it wasn't a big deal and we should've done x or y. He made TM play with so much discipline that it's made some of you think TM was underperforming lol. Give credit where it's due.
            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              He made it look so simple and easy. We could actually compete with the best in the world. Now, I’m just hoping we can beat Iraq and Bahrain. Crazy how so much changes in the span of a year.
              I remembered playing Korea in the past was always a hard game for us. Under CQ since 2015, that game never really feared me.
              You can even go back to as early as October 2012 vs. Korea Republic where we beat them 1-0 @ Azadi with Nekounam scoring the sole goal in the 76th minute. CQ had Korea's number, just ask Choi (Korea coach at the time) who was at the receiving end of CQ's middle finger (lol) in the return game in Seoul.

Comment

Does anyone have the explanation for why we are still coach-less going into the new year in the middle of WC qualifiers? I thought Taj was negotiating with Branko to unveil him "next week" when Wilmots left. Any news on what has happened?

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                  Does anyone have the explanation for why we are still coach-less going into the new year in the middle of WC qualifiers? I thought Taj was negotiating with Branko to unveil him "next week" when Wilmots left. Any news on what has happened?
                  Taj has left it vague by saying that the IFF is in no rush to find a new coach since the next official game is March 26th, 2020. Some of us on here, including me, speculate that it might be because IFF is trying to save money by hiring a coach a few months later ever since the last debacle with Wilmots, where IFF allegedly wasted a good amount of money with a somewhat poorly written contract (poorly written at least in some of the aspects of the details).

I guess the way that IFF and Taj are calculating is that they can easily win the next FIFA WC qualifying games against Cambodia & Hong Kong in late March and the new coach will have enough preparation with the team to prepare for the real test matches in June 2020 against Bahrain and Iraq (both @ Azadi). Of course if this is in fact true, it's poor planning and somewhat equivalent to rolling the dice at Vegas. Iranian sports mentality for years has been short-term thinking rather long-term planning. Just put a band-aid on it for a while and hopefully the problem will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTeamMelli View Post
                    Taj has left it vague by saying that the IFF is in no rush to find a new coach since the next official game is March 26th, 2020. Some of us on here, including me, speculate that it might be because IFF is trying to save money by hiring a coach a few months later ever since the last debacle with Wilmots, where IFF allegedly wasted a good amount of money with a somewhat poorly written contract (poorly written at least in some of the aspects of the details).

I guess the way that IFF and Taj are calculating is that they can easily win the next FIFA WC qualifying games against Cambodia & Hong Kong in late March and the new coach will have enough preparation with the team to prepare for the real test matches in June 2020 against Bahrain and Iraq (both @ Azadi). Of course if this is in fact true, it's poor planning and somewhat equivalent to rolling the dice at Vegas. Iranian sports mentality for years has been short-term thinking rather long-term planning. Just put a band-aid it on for a while and hopefully the problem goes away.
                    Iran is not in a situation to underestimate any game. All games should be treated as tough games nowdays. This is the professional approach.
                    Another possibility is that IFF is waiting to see whether Iran U23 will go to the Olympic or not. They may think if U23 team goes to the Olympic there will be more positive atmosphere toward appointing a top Iranian coach and It would be also a better time than now to appoint a local coach after U23 tournament because It is not the best time for any club to lose its coach at the moment. If Iran U23 does not go to the Olympic, then they appoint Branko after U23 tournament. This can be another possibility as well.

Comment

Negotiations are underway to appoint Branko as TM coach ass financial progress continues.

According to Fars News Agency there are various options for TM coach , though Iranian officials have held serious talks with Branko Ivankovic and negotiations have reached a financial stage. Branko's policy, of course, is to avoid the process of media negotiations.
                      It seems that Branko will make the final announcement in the coming days

Meanwhile Persepolis is trying to settle their financial dispute with him.

Tasnim : "As we had previously stated, we are seeking an agreement with Branko outside of the FIFA , and so two representatives from the club went to Zagreb today. And tomorrow they will have their talks.
                      Last edited by St_Mark; 12-23-2019, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Never liked Branko, but he's the only decent option given what we have. Iran just needs someone that knows our players and football and can get results. Hard to roll the dice on any other coach with little experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                          It's incredibly that we talk about TM as if Iran has German football academies, English money being invested, and top notch training facilities from Spain and Italy. We don't have any of that, we can't even provide our players with authentic training gear. Our players and coaches don't get paid, and when they do, it's a quarter of their money given to them 2 years later, and those are only the stories we hear, imagine all the players who don't have the spotlight or opportunity to talk about the stupid things they have to deal with.

CQ, his staff, and the players accomplished much more than they were supposed to in the 8 years he managed us. The first WC qualification we almost went out, but the second one + all of our WC appearances were just incredible. He got our players to go outside of Iran and test themselves. Hajsafi finally moved out of Iran, Taremi, Rezaei, Gholizadeh, Delfi, Sayyadmanesh, Ansarifard, Abedzadeh -- he brought us Ghoddos and brought some great players to TM. Most surprisingly, our players only spoke well about him!

And yet, here we are arguing about how it wasn't a big deal and we should've done x or y. He made TM play with so much discipline that it's made some of you think TM was underperforming lol. Give credit where it's due.
                          This post right here. Can't believe we're having a conversation over CQ's legacy. Give the man the justice he deserves

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                            Negotiations are underway to appoint Branko as TM coach ass financial progress continues.

According to Fars News Agency there are various options for TM coach , though Iranian officials have held serious talks with Branko Ivankovic and negotiations have reached a financial stage. Branko's policy, of course, is to avoid the process of media negotiations.
                            It seems that Branko will make the final announcement in the coming days

Meanwhile Persepolis is trying to settle their financial dispute with him.

Tasnim : "As we had previously stated, we are seeking an agreement with Branko outside of the FIFA , and so two representatives from the club went to Zagreb today. And tomorrow they will have their talks.
                            IFF needs to get it together and make the deal happen already - no more time can be wasted. brasnko will have a lot of work to do ahead of the upcoming 4 matches....
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

We shouldn't focus on short term solutions. Getting Branco maybe is a short term solution but it will not at all help us in the long term. What I am saying is it is better to not qualify to this world cup with a much better coach than Branco then qualify with him at the helm of our team melli. We already know what Branco is capable of, let's give a new foreign coach a chance. What's the point of getting Branco just to say we qualified to the wc? What is the point of that even though we all know he will not bring any results for us in the wc? It is just crazy to bring in Branco now. We have to look at the future...

Comment

Branco has proven he is not a decent international head coach. Let's all stop wasting our time and get a much better option. just my 2 cents...

Comment

Working...
                                X