Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
      If you watch from around minute 17 it gets interesting
      Sardar mentions how he got an offer from Liverpool while he was at Rostov (explains the Klopp picture) but per his coaches recommendations he chose not to go. He says he is glad because if he went he would've been a bench warmer and not had the chance to develop his game the way he did at Zenit

He is MAJORLY hinting at a potential upcoming transfer, and my guess is to the EPL because of his reaction to the question. My guess is either in the winter transfer window or in the summer. He is 100% content with moving on from Russia, he mentions how his time there has pretty much peaked with his play for Zenit.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
        If you watch from around minute 17 it gets interesting
        Sardar mentions how he got an offer from Liverpool while he was at Rostov (explains the Klopp picture) but per his coaches recommendations he chose not to go. He says he is glad because if he went he would've been a bench warmer and not had the chance to develop his game the way he did at Zenit

He is MAJORLY hinting at a potential upcoming transfer, and my guess is to the EPL because of his reaction to the question. My guess is either in the winter transfer window or in the summer. He is 100% content with moving on from Russia, he mentions how his time there has pretty much peaked with his play for Zenit.
        hmmmm. Didnt quite gather EPL, but yes it seems a move is coming. This winter would be pretty shocking considering if you are going to pay 30 mil for him he would be a sort of central player to your plans moving forward, whereas january signings represents knee jerk reactions that your current squad isnt good enough or you need to find an X factor etc.

But it seems certain that he will leave russia in the near future, and once again his haters here that said he will never move will have to disappear into their holes.

I hope and believe he will choose the next destination wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          just bc some people have bought into commercialization of PL so badly. They think it will be a cool move bc they can turn on their TV in america and see him playing.
          As if that constitutes good football or a great chance for development of his career.

And dont even get me started on the braindead fans in this league. I know full well because I am an arsenal fan since a young age. there is just no helping these people.

A simple google search would show them that azmoun, at such a young age, has more international and european pedigree than all their players combined.

Anyways, we dont have to worry about this as sardar's quality unlike ARJ's is indisputable. I am sure he will not sell himself short.

Either a top 6 team in a top 4 league or if they table an impressive offer and ancelotti has a plan for him, consider everton as the only english team (as wolves have no need for a CF atm) OR Stay with zenit project, go again in CL, with Malcom, Kokorin, and hopefully by next year midfield reinforcements and a year of experience for a young coach and a relatively "new" team. A deeper run would certainly get him top offers as it would show another year of consistency in CL.
          This conflicts your previous posts about the reason why other Asian players play for top teams due to their mentality and going for it regardless of thier level of team...

Solomon Rondon who has had a similar career path to Azmoun (e.g. Rubin Kazan->Zenit) and played in a reputable La Liga side best offer was West Bromwich Albion however the Venezuelan fans did not complain/criticize about the move. Fydor Chalov who arguably had his best season last year, was top scorer of the league, and scored against Real Madrid best offer is Brighton and he is very young with lots of potential. Chelsea who has Russian connections due to Abramovich did not go for him, were only linked.

All I'm trying to say we should be more appreciative of teams and leagues our players play for especially considering the contintent/confederation that we are in compared to Europe or South America. We should not be doing "na shokri" when CPFC who is 9th in the Premier League is interested in one of our players for over 2 years and willing to commit to Zenit's demands, instead we should be honoured that such a team is after our players. Azmoun HIMSELF explicity stated on live television that he was interested in playing in the EPL, would you rather him to choose a league he does not enjoy? Would you work at a place you do not enjoy? And I do not direct this question at you but in general in search of genuine and legitamite answers. I believe if we was to go and score a couple of goals he prove his capability at a decent team with reasonable expectations he can move up the table to better teams once he proves his ability in the league. Another thing I don't understand is why people who support an EPL team are badmouthing the league???

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            This conflicts your previous posts about the reason why other Asian players play for top teams due to their mentality and going for it regardless of thier level of team...

Solomon Rondon who has had a similar career path to Azmoun (e.g. Rubin Kazan->Zenit) and played in a reputable La Liga side best offer was West Bromwich Albion however the Venezuelan fans did not complain/criticize about the move. Fydor Chalov who arguably had his best season last year, was top scorer of the league, and scored against Real Madrid best offer is Brighton and he is very young with lots of potential. Chelsea who has Russian connections due to Abramovich did not go for him, were only linked.

All I'm trying to say we should be more appreciative of teams and leagues our players play for especially considering the contintent/confederation that we are in compared to Europe or South America. We should not be doing "na shokri" when CPFC who is 9th in the Premier League is interested in one of our players for over 2 years and willing to commit to Zenit's demands, instead we should be honoured that such a team is after our players. Azmoun HIMSELF explicity stated on live television that he was interested in playing in the EPL, would you rather him to choose a league he does not enjoy? Would you work at a place you do not enjoy? And I do not direct this question at you but in general in search of genuine and legitamite answers. I believe if we was to go and score a couple of goals he prove his capability at a decent team with reasonable expectations he can move up the table to better teams once he proves his ability in the league. Another thing I don't understand is why people who support an EPL team are badmouthing the league???
            he also said bundesliga was his dream league.

Crystal Palace are 9th, but you have to look at their style of play. It is classic bezan ziresh and emphasis on just using physicality of wingers. They are midtable team, nothing more. Zaha nearly went intro depression trying to force himself out of there.

Crystal Palace are not a superior team to Zenit. That should be first requirement. Second requirement is a coach where azmoun can truly grow, hodgson is just a solid british coach who gives team solid defensive structure, not much more. Can he really take azmoun to next level?

Azmoun needs to go to europa league/cL level team in top 4 leagues. Nothing less unless the project is very interesting with big coach or something.

Your statement that he should use a midtable team as a stepping stone is just unnecessary and not realistic at all imo. ARJ tried to do a similar thing. Hashemi said himself he hoped brighton would stepping stone for ARJ to go to top PL team. It is clear in brighton the max he can achieve is being a starter for a midtable club. It is not that simple when you are going into a midtable team with intention of using it as a stepping stone, just to win over doubters there will take a long time, get used to crappy defensive style of play, etc.

Azmoun is scoring regularly multiple years in Champions league, producing great numbers in a very defensive russian league, improving his all around game constantly. He is not some scrub who needs to "prove himself". If good teams want him they can pay for him. If they are unsure he can improve in zenit, show himself again in CL, and their offers will come.

With regards to your last point, I became an arsenal fan because of certian, foreign players who I loved moving there. Rosicky was main one for me who I loved since I was a kid and saw him in 06 WC.

Through all my years of seeing PL, it is obvious, it is one of the WORST for player growth and development. ESPECIALLY the crappy midtable teams, they are like prisons.

IT is not an honor to see midtable teams chasing sardar, more like thank you next.

Comment

The only team I would say realistically fit azmoun as far as price and level of quality would be teams like Leicester or Wolves.

Azmoun wouldn’t do well in the other strong teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                The only team I would say realistically fit azmoun as far as price and level of quality would be teams like Leicester or Wolves.

Azmoun wouldn’t do well in the other strong teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Among the PL clubs I think its important that IF he decides to take his trade there he should go to a club with a good atmosphere. A lot of the 'big six' right now are in very toxic environments generated by fans/players/coaching staff. Arsenal and Man U in particular come to mind.
                As mentioned before on the thread as well, there's a bit of an overload of attacking players among the decent clubs in the PL right now. Leicester have Vardy who isn't going anywhere and Wolves have Jota who has been having his best season yet.
                You could argue that Everton and CP are in prime position to pick up a new striker, and I think even Spurs would benefit greatly from a player like Sardar. Imagine him working under mourinho

But I without a doubt think Bundesliga would be much better for him given this point of his career

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  Among the PL clubs I think its important that IF he decides to take his trade there he should go to a club with a good atmosphere. A lot of the 'big six' right now are in very toxic environments generated by fans/players/coaching staff. Arsenal and Man U in particular come to mind.
                  As mentioned before on the thread as well, there's a bit of an overload of attacking players among the decent clubs in the PL right now. Leicester have Vardy who isn't going anywhere and Wolves have Jota who has been having his best season yet.
                  You could argue that Everton and CP are in prime position to pick up a new striker, and I think even Spurs would benefit greatly from a player like Sardar. Imagine him working under mourinho

But I without a doubt think Bundesliga would be much better for him given this point of his career

I totally agree.

Teams like Dortmund or Leipzig would be excellent options as well.

Azmoun would flourish in a team like dortmund that relies heavily on combination play and quick passing in the box.

I think he's much better as a striker than Alcacer and even gotze who has been forced to play there occasionally
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    I totally agree.

Teams like Dortmund or Leipzig would be excellent options as well.

Azmoun would flourish in a team like dortmund that relies heavily on combination play and quick passing in the box.

I think he's much better as a striker than Alcacer and even gotze who has been forced to play there occasionally
                    We just bought Haland so no other striker will be brought here. Leipzig plays two strikers which is the best system for Azmoun imo.

Comment

Was thinking earlier about teams he could go to and agree that Leipzig would be a good shout.
                      Hoping if he does move it would be in the Summer, get a proper pre season with a team and time to integrate himself there . An interesting one for me would be Arsenal, Lacazette and Aubameyang both don’t look happy there and Arsenal will be rebuilding their squad in the Summer. He would be guaranteed first team football there too.
                      I don’t know , I hope he gets the move he deserves for the hard work he has put in and the quality that he has. I agree that he has peaked in Russia now.

Comment

Originally posted by marand92 View Post
                        What about the previous 6 seasons where La Liga dominated Champions League and Europa League?
                        I never said Spanish teams don't also do well. You stated that English league is shit, yet they've almost always had at least two representatives in the knockout stages of the Champions League. The year before last, Liverpool lost to Madrid. 2 years before that Man City lost in the semis. 2 years before that Chelsea lost in the semis. 7 of 8 Champions League finals between 2005 and 2012 had at least 1 English team. Barring a period of dominance in the late 70's / early 80's, English have been most impactful in the European Cup since the turn of the century. Facts are really not on your side for this opinion you're trying to put forward.

What about the fact that if you compare England with the other 3 big coutries of Western Europe in the last 40 years and you see that England is a complete flop compared to Germany (2 WCs, 2 Euros), France (2 WCs, 2 Euros) and Spain (2 WCs and 1 Euro) ?
                        Again, I conceded that there are a handful of sides that have performed better at major finals than England but you're deflecting from the initial comment you made that they're no better internationally than Sweden, S Korea and Turkey, for which I provided clear evidence to why that was BS. For completeness, Italy, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay are also more successful international teams on the world stage then England. The teams you initially mentioned don't even come close.

Sure the reason they spend more is because they have higher revenue..so you admit they spend more right? My point is that despite spending so much they are still not so good, kind of like the UAE or China in our own Asia. The wage bill of a bottom Premier League team is the same as a top 6 Spanish team (non Barca/Real)..isnt that embarassing?
                        I made a point of stating that Premier League clubs spend more than their continental counterparts, mainly due to the amount of money they receive in TV rights, but it's more nuanced than just the numbers. I mentioned player premiums. Continental clubs overcharge English teams because they know there is money here and they know the clubs will pay it. Another is that clubs here need to sign home grown players, for which there's a massive premium on transfer values.

This feeds into your argument about wage bills. Up until recently, over 1/3 of TV revenue in La Liga went to Real and Barca. Those clubs have built the two best youth academies in the world and due to those facilities and the clubs reputations they will always attract the top youth talent. In having a smaller piece of the pie, the other La Liga clubs have relied less on marquee players and more on developing younger players, usually long term loanees or rejectees from Barca and Real. Inevitably, when those players do will they will either be bought back by those two... or move to pretty much any club in England for a bigger wage. Spanish clubs also have an advantage in obtaining talent from Latin American as those players not only speak the language but benefit from much more lax immigration/nationalisation rules - many either already qualify for a Spanish passport or can obtain one after a couple of years.

Comment

Crystal Palace have signed Cenk Tosun.

Comment

Sardar is an honorable mention in Zenits Team of the Decade!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Sardar is an honorable mention in Zenits Team of the Decade!

He hasn't been at the club a full year and he's already team of the decade? Things looking up!

Comment

Originally posted by ramendawg View Post
                                He hasn't been at the club a full year and he's already team of the decade? Things looking up!
                                well...honorable mention, but still very impressive. a couple of more years and he surely would make the top of the list

Comment

Working...
                                X