Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Team Melli Coaching Search Begins ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    Some available decent coaches:

1. Slaven Bilic
    2. Claude Puel
    3. Michael Laudrup
    4. Roberto Donadoni
    5. Juan Antonio Pizzi
    6. Paul Le Guen
    7. Others
    CQ was also available, and was more than just decent.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      CQ was also available, and was more than just decent.
      The time of CQ was over. We need someone with new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
        I pick 7
        Who? Do not tell me the likes of Mourinho, Zidane, Wenger, Conte, etc. Be realistic.

Comment

Who? Do not tell me the likes of Mourinho, Zidane, Wenger, Conte, etc. Be realistic.
          Not at all. Someone with more international experience. Pizzi introduced tiki taka to Saudi football and they played extremely attractive football yet they conceeded 5 goals against Russia whilst having over 60 % posession. International football leads to the World Cup and on the biggest stage you don't have 38 matches to win the title. I would rather still play the defensive football that the players have learned and get the results (not saying we did but we were damn close). Also, none of the above managed Portugal, Real Madrid and worked side by side with potentially the greatest of the managers on two spells therefore I do think that CQ is more qualified and experienced than your options (not asking for Zidane or Mourinho though).
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Not at all. Someone with more international experience. Pizzi introduced tiki taka to Saudi football and they played extremely attractive football yet they conceeded 5 goals against Russia whilst having over 60 % posession. International football leads to the World Cup and on the biggest stage you don't have 38 matches to win the title. I would rather still play the defensive football that the players have learned and get the results (not saying we did but we were damn close). Also, none of the above managed Portugal, Real Madrid and worked side by side with potentially the greatest of the managers on two spells therefore I do think that CQ is more qualified and experienced than your options (not asking for Zidane or Mourinho though).
            You have to pick from what is available. I could go higher and put Klinsmann, Blanc, etc. in the list but do you think can IFF handle their salary? IFF had trouble to handle CQ's salary. Being successful is not all about coach. Look at the most successful Asian football country in last two decades Japan. Before 1998, they used to go with local coaches. From 1998-2007, they had Troussier, Zico, Osim. Where those names top class coaches? No. Then they had a Japanese coach Takeshi Okada from 2007-2010. From 2011-2015, they had Zaccheroni and Aguirre. Although Zaccheroni coached some big Italian clubs but was never successful with them. Next Vahid Halilhodzic who was unknown before WC 2014 and then two local coaches.

I could mention bigger names with bigger salary but I also thought about the max. Salary IFF can handle. CQ was nobody before joining Man United as assistant manager. Due to his performance in Real Madrid and Portugal, no body in Europe trusted him as a head coach anymore because he failed both. That is why he came Iran. We should look at quality not popularity. Forget CQ. Think about future. We need a decent foreign coach.

Comment

The time of CQ was over. We need someone with new ideas.
              Clearly, no debating that. The issue is, can we find someone with new ideas AND the ability to deal with sanctions, IFF, the Sports Minister, lack to facilities, lack of friendlies, idiotic media questions, crazy PP fans, etc, etc?

The forecast calls for gloomy skies for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Clearly, no debating that. The issue is, can we find someone with new ideas AND the ability to deal with sanctions, IFF, the Sports Minister, lack to facilities, lack of friendlies, idiotic media questions, crazy PP fans, etc, etc?

IMO the bolded part you said is bullshit. What does sanction, IFF, the Sports Minister, etc. have to do with the coach? All countries have their own problems. Our facilities are not among worst in Asia. We are among top Asian football countries and we can get a decent foreign coach. Some realistic choices are Bilic, Laudrup, Pizzi, Donadoni, Le Guen, Claude Puel, etc. When Perspolis and Esteghlal can get decent foreign coaches, there is no reason the national team cannot get that.

Unfortunately CQ is expert in making preemptive excuses in case of failure and a lot of PDFC fans accepted his excuses wrongly unlike Non-PFDC fans.

Comment

I pick 7
                  Good. Cuz we werent getting any of the 6
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Also do not forget that we are not the one who choose the next head coach. It is IFF who chooses the next head coach and I hope they choose a decent foreign coach.

Comment

IMO the bolded part you said is bullshit. What does sanction, IFF, the Sports Minister, etc. have to do with the coach? All countries have their own problems. Our facilities are not among worst in Asia. We are among top Asian football countries and we can get a decent foreign coach. Some realistic choices are Bilic, Laudrup, Pizzi, Donadoni, Le Guen, Claude Puel, etc. When Perspolis and Esteghlal can get decent foreign coaches, there is no reason the national team cannot get that.
                      Unfortunately CQ is expert in making preemptive excuses in case of failure and a lot of PDFC fans accepted his excuses wrongly unlike Non-PFDC fans.
                      If what you say is true, candidates should be lining up right now....as of now, nothing but crickets.

In addition, if you think dealing with all the issues I brought up is simply bull*hit, you don't have to take my word for it. CQ/TM members/Taj and many other supporters of TM have brought these up as obstacles to TM's success.

Comment

IFF has to try and bring an international coach or else the young talent we have that are abroad may reconsider TM for the near future if we were to scout them. If they bring a cheap local coach, most of our players will heavily be against it. With leaders like Ashkan and Masoud, I am sure they will have some sort of influence to sway them away from bringing in a crappy coach

Comment

Taj should say YOLO and secretly hire Jill Ellis
                          Then flee the country
                          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveTeamMelli View Post
                            IFF has to try and bring an international coach or else the young talent we have that are abroad may reconsider TM for the near future if we were to scout them. If they bring a cheap local coach, most of our players will heavily be against it. With leaders like Ashkan and Masoud, I am sure they will have some sort of influence to sway them away from bringing in a crappy coach
                            Compared to the talent we have INSIDE Iran, the talent outside is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                              Compared to the talent we have INSIDE Iran, the talent outside is nothing.
                              True. But the talent inside Iran is Raw. Players progress based on pure talent and skill. Football IQ is low, conditioning \ fitness is abysmal, and many players struggle with simple things such as heads up passing.

Comment

how about Alexander Nouri ?

Comment

Working...
                                X