Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Team Melli Coaching Search Begins ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something tells me it will be Renard. Him sitting so close to Taj during the Japan game cannot be a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
      Something tells me it will be Renard. Him sitting so close to Taj during the Japan game cannot be a coincidence.
      Here's his post from when he was at the stadium: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtN2j_KgQF7/

Comment

Bert van Marwijk
        https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...-iran-manager/

Comment

Rumor is Bert van Marwijk is close to sing a 4 years deal with IFF. If it is true is a decent choice, he coached three national teams including reputed Dutch but he has the tendency of leaving country if a conflict occurs, anyway we probably will never find anyone like CQ who can resist and fight with Iranian football BSs.

Comment

I don't know if I will like BvM. He will crumble once conflict brews plus I think the Dutch getting to the final was a fluke. What else has he done?
            His record at Dortmund, Australia were terrible. I feel like he's an outdated coach.

We need to wait and try to lure Herve Renard.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              I don't know if I will like BvM. He will crumble once conflict brews plus I think the Dutch getting to the final was a fluke. What else has he done?
              His record at Dortmund, Australia were terrible. I feel like he's an outdated coach.

He did a decent job with Saudi, remember Saudi was a really struggling team and he qualified them for WC. Did a good job with Holland as well.

Comment

Honestly I'd be happy with him just for the simple fact that he's not Branko or a domestic coach.

Comment

BvM (I have to get used to this instead of typing CQ), appears to have a respectable CV, coaching several national teams (just like CQ did prior to joining TM). In addition, he will likely have excellent overseas contacts (again, just like CQ). He will get along very well with ARJ, who will be the defacto/unofficial interpreter of the team, and knowing must Dutch citizens, will also be fluent in English. Overall, I'm optimistic that this early, we have such a respectable candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post

Beggars can't be choosers my friend. This is a really good start for Taj/IFF, considering many were pushing for Branko/Daie. BvM's experience/contacts (which you call outdated) will be crucial in obtaining friendlies for TM preparations.

Comment

Hopefully he can teach our team to finally play expansively like total football of the Dutch.

Comment

either Renard or BvM would be great

Comment

Finding a coach is not the problem, finding a coach who has quality and loves the country and its people like his own is hard

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            Hopefully he can teach our team to finally play expansively like total football of the Dutch.
                            That is something our clubs and especially youth clubs have to do.

However, BvM does not like Dutch football. He's very pragmatic and favors defense over anything. Remember his Holland team in 2010?

Comment

I highly doubt it’s a Dutch coach, It’s more likely the team will be coach less for a few months.

Realistic options are coaches from east Europe as they are cheap. I would prefer renard.
                              United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                You have to have the technical and physical skills and endurance to play total football.

Comment

Working...
                                X