Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    Beiranvand
    Ghoddos - 6 beautiful flick earlier in the game and it feels like he does better when used as a super sub.
    Any video on this?

Comment

Fox Sports Ratings.
      https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...layer-ratings/

AFC Asian Cup

AFC Asian Cup | 3 h ago
      AFC Asian Cup 2019: IR Iran 2-0 Oman, Player Ratings

Akshat Mehrish

Iran avoided a potential banana skin, in the form of Oman, to make it through to the Quarterfinal of the AFC Asian Cup. Team Melli were head and shoulders above their opponents, who had a few good opportunities of their own. And so, we take a look at how players from the two sides fared during the match.

IR Iran
      A. Beiranvand (9): Was Team Melli’s difference maker in the goal tonight. Saved a penalty early on, before making several superb stops. Proved once again that he is indeed one of the best goalkeepers in Asia, if not the best.

M. Mohammadi (7): Was strong in defence and contributed positively towards both aspects of the game – attack and defence.

M. Hosseini (5): Had a nightmare start to the match as his poor tackled him a yellow card and Oman a penalty.

M. Pouraliganji (7): Was strong in defence and dealt with the opposition attackers with ease.

R. Rezaeian (7): Contributed positively towards both attack and defence as his side registered their first knockout stage win since 2004!

M. Taremi (7): Mehdi Taremi started off the competition brilliantly, by netting two goals. However, the forwards haven’t found the back of the net since. Nevertheless, enjoyed a good game and even won the penalty which Ashkan Dejagah converted.

O. Ebrahimi (7): Deployed in the centre of the park alongside Ashkan Dejagah, Omid Ebrahimi enjoyed a good game, and controlled the midfield for a majority part of the match.

A. Dejagah (8): Has been Iran’s unsung hero throughout the 2019 AFC Asian Cup. And he stepped up again when his team needed the most, netting a crucial penalty in the 41st minute.

A. Jahanbaksh (8): Was handed a start for the second match running by Carlos Queiroz, and didn’t disappoint. Troubled the opposition time and again and even got on the scoresheet himself. Was replaced just before the 70th-minute mark.

V. Amiri (7): Had a good game playing just behind the attacker. Always looked to play his teammates in behind the defence.

S. Azmoun (7): Has been Iran’s top-scorer so far in the competition and nearly added to his tally again tonight. Shot wide from close range when it seemed easier to score than miss.

Substitutes
      S. Ghoddos (6): Came on just before the 80th-minute mark and looked lively during the time he was on the pitch.

R. Cheshmi (6): Replaced goal-scorer Alireza Jahanbaksh but couldn’t’ replicate his attacking input. However, he had a decent time on the pitch.

M. Shojaei (N/A): Came on in the final few minutes as Iran looked to see out the match.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        I’m starting to see Carlos’ hesitation in starting Mohammadi his ball control and passing are very weak, always rushes the attack but is solid at defending. He’s the reverse of Hajsafi. I think we’ll see Hajsafi at LB again :/.

Overall we shut down oman and dominated the match although we didn’t play a superbly at all.

MVP: one again Dejagah Carries the team, and scored a penalty calmly when we needed it. Beiranvand’s save is unbelievable he has continued to improve and is calm and dominating.

Negatives: Hosseini is playing terribly and Pouraliganji is below his average as well. Pouraliganji does a lot better paired with Montazeri, wouldn’t be surprised however to see Kanani play alongside him again. Amiri with a unnecessary yellow but either way I think he needed to be rested for a game. Maybe we can see hajsafi in his position or torabi.

Positives: Jahanbaksh badly needed that goal, first half I think 65% of our attack came from the right side, he connected well with Ramin and Ashkan, nice dribbles, speed, and a hard fought goal.

Overall: 4 games, 9 goals scored, zero conceded, we are attacking well, and barely giving away chances. We have a solid bench with Ghoddos and Torabi, ans Masoud as a sub for Ashkan. Azmoun needs to remain calm, taremi will give him the ball.

China shouldn’t give us any problems, I except to see 3-4 changes for that match. Go Team Melli.
        It is a shame that Mimo is short, he made a great cb. As lb he is good in defense, but sometimes blind and without a plan when it comes to offense. Can t count the times he just ran into out or the defender cause he did not know what to do.
        Hajsafi is slow and a weak defender, but generally able to start attacks. Nevertheless he even missed that one in the last ganes. But queiroz rates tactical uselfulness higher than individual talent, so his decisions make sense...

Comment

Beiranvand- 9

Milad Mohammadi - 7,5

PAG- 6,5

Majid Hosseini- 5

Ramin Rezaeian- 7

Omid Ebrahimi- 8

Dejagah- 8,5

Jahanbakhsh- 7

Amiri- 6

Taremi- 6,5

Azmoun- 7,5

Subs:

Ghoddos-7

Cheshmi- 7

Shojaei- N/A
          He who cannot obey himself is commanded.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            Why exaggerating so much? What so many balls. His biggest save was the penalty which is a different story and not a shot on goal, the second save was an amazing long range shot which was brilliantly saves by Beiro.

We created more scoring chances on Spain and Portugal's goals than what Oman created on our goal. Let’s not get too carried away with our emotions please
            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It's not emotional. This was Oman and not Japan. That long range shot (which should have been prevented btw) was not the only thing. Our defense as a whole, was shaky today. Specially in the beginning of the first half. The Omanis came forward and close to our goal easily. The only thing that prevented them from being a danger for us was their weaker physical strength and stamina. They were out of breath early in the second half and you could see it. With this defense, be sure not only our clean sheet will be over against stronger teams, we risk losing too. We need to focus a lot more.

Comment

Ramin needs to show himself, perhaps not playing has got him a bit tense...Shojaei is done, Amiri was not that great nor was Majidi

Comment

Azmoun and Taremi just cannot get it together can they?

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco View Post
                  Ramin needs to show himself, perhaps not playing has got him a bit tense...Shojaei is done, Amiri was not that great nor was Majidi
                  Our secret player Majidi rears his head again [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know how people are rating AJ low, he was immense for us today. His technical ability and physicality are top notch, and he reads the game really really well. Of course wingers will always have their fair share of turnovers, that’s the trade off they make for the utility they bring when their moves actually pay off. But he is growing and adapting really fast despite being out for weeks.

Comment

he is very good in combination with Sardari, Masoudi and Ashkani...

Comment

Ghoddos needs to start and so does AJB

Comment

[QUOTE=rdwrrr;2617794]
                          Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
                          Biravand 10
                          Milad Mohamadi 8.5
                          Dejageh 9.5 (When he comes out of field he has spent every bit of his energy on the field just amazing).
                          Jahanbaksh 9
                          Ghodoos/Cheshmi (Both should start) Ghodoos can be difference make not sure why he is not used more often. (No rate because they did not play enough to me over 15 min). I think shojaei was added to give him one more cap.
                          Ezatolahi 7
                          Taremi/Ebrahimi 6
                          Azmoon 4 (Is this guy for real? some of the folks in our pick up games have better finishes)

Dude
                          What were you drinking during the game
                          Ezatolahi is not even on the team
                          now I'm wondering who he was mistaken as ezatolahi?
                          Also notice that this guy has well over 2000 posts but only thanked in 12 of them. hahhahaa no wonder..

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco View Post
                            Ghoddos needs to start and so does AJB
                            They should since the next round the yellow cards don’t matter for saman

Comment

TM was great today hope we keep CQ. What a wonderful coach CQ is. We missed 2-4 clean cut goals by Taremi and serdar. They need to be more confident and accurate. Oman side is a very fast team but our boys were able to keep them on Lish. This team will play better and better with each game. This was our starting WC team I believe, and it would be our starting squad from now on. Good luck to them.

Comment

Beiranvand - 8
                                That penalty save. His distribution was on point again. I really wanted to give him more than an 8 but he didn't have much else to do bar stopping a shot from distance.

Mohammadi - 5
                                He was anonymous. It makes me wonder why he's not getting forward as a wing back, like Rezaeian?! Take your chances man, or Hajisafi takes his place back

M Hosseini - 5
                                Should have been sent off on 1 minute for giving away that penalty, last man back without making a genuine effort to play the ball. Lucky the referee was poor

Pouraliganji - 5
                                Arguably worse than Hosseini as he left his defensive partner exposed with his poor positioning and reading of the flight of the ball. Please improve for China

Rezaeian - 6
                                Feels unfair not to give him a 5 as well. Our back 4 were all below par in this game but the fact is he got forward and, while none of his crosses amounted to anything special, he offered that little something extra beyond a poor back 4 that would have been punished by a stronger team. Prefer him to Ghafouri but he looks a massive a liability at times.

Ebrahimi - 7
                                I was really worried about our central midfield going into this tournament but he has been an unsung hero so far. He does his job well and without the attention that other midfielders like Dejagah are getting. I hope this continues though I feel he'll need a little assistance in the middle of the park from here on out, almost definitely if we get past China.

Dejagah - 8
                                MotM. No question. If we go the distance in this tournament, it will be no less because he'll have had a major influence in the midfield. So assured in possession compared to the rest of our team, he made a few top quality passes today.

Amiri - 6
                                A player that divides opinions. I don't think tonight was his best game but he ran his socks off and that's the minimum you want from a TM player. That being said, he's predominantly playing as a winger but has offered nothing of any real value going forward in this tournament and often makes rushed decisions... yet he's played against 3 poor teams. How much more can we expect of him against quality opposition? Perhaps that suspension will be a blessing in disguise.

Jahanbakhsh - 7
                                He gets an extra point for the goal. Outside of that he was relatively poor but he's still coming back to match fitness so this was another good run out for him as we get to the business end of the competition.

Taremi - 6
                                Won a penalty that was never a penalty, wasted a lot of chances created for him by his team mates. Some decent runs / positioning was his saving grace, rating wise.

Azmoun - 7
                                His performance lacked a goal to silence the critics that don't see how valuable he is in games that he doesn't score. He had two very good chances, blazing over the bar after the Omani defender swiped at thin air and taking a touch inside the penalty area when he could have shot first time. Otherwise his hustle, hold up and link up play typifies why he is the best forward at this tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X