No announcement yet.

Round of 16 bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chances of us facing Syria or any other 3rd place team from group B is very unlikely, either Oman or Lebanon will be our next opponents most likely.

Comment

If we finish first, we will probably play Oman with a low likelihood of Syria or Lebanon
      If we finish 2nd , it will be either Saudi or Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        most likely matchup is looking like either bahrain or oman - either one would seem to be slightly less challenging than vietnam after watching their games. im talking strictly talent/team and how they look because if we consider other factors..... we are talking about arabs and AFC officiating.....
        Both these teams, especially Bahrain when playing Iran, they all of a sudden play their hearts out as if they're in the finals. Our track record with both these teams have been quite shaky (Excluding our thrashing of Bahrain in our last encounter)

Comment

If SYR beats AUS then AUS is out since JOR will surely lose
          to PAL to help them advance.
          So I doubt AUS will lose to them knowing their situation.
          But you never know!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            Both these teams, especially Bahrain when playing Iran, they all of a sudden play their hearts out as if they're in the finals. Our track record with both these teams have been quite shaky (Excluding our thrashing of Bahrain in our last encounter)
            I agree with you on the history, however, it is important to note that both these teams have by far their weakest squads in generations.....not even close to the Bahrain/Oman of the 2000-2010 era
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
              If Syria wins tomorrow we will face Syria if we top our group otherwise Qatar or KSA. There will not be so much difference. What do you think?
              wrong bro. if syria wins tommo they will become the 2nd team and australia will be the third team which we could end up getting them. otherwise its either lebanon or oman for us

Comment

Listen up guys:

If SYR is winning against AUS you can bet you life that JOR
                will lose to PAL and make sure AUS is eliminated.

JOR is playing for nothing since their fate has already been
                sealed as #1 in their group.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                  If SYR beats AUS then AUS is out since JOR will surely lose
                  to PAL to help them advance.
                  So I doubt AUS will lose to them knowing their situation.
                  But you never know!
                  In that case, Palestine will finish the 4th because of the head to head rule.

Comment

No PAL gets 4 points AUS gets 3.

Comment

Syria will not beat Australia

Comment

Guys the way our boys are playing right now they will easily take care of any of the thred place teams. Ok

Comment

I hope that Jordan will let Palestine win today, that Australia beats Syria and that the Uzbeks manage to not get defeated by Japan. In that case we will most probably meet Palestine next and Japan and Australia will play eachother on the other side of the brackets.

If SK beats China to end up 1st, we will most probably play either China or Thailand in the QF's and Qatar/Saudi's in SF's. That would be one of the best scenarios before reaching the finals imo.
                          Last edited by Amin_; 01-15-2019, 06:26 AM.
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

As it stands there is a good chance we will play Lebanon in the round of 16th. If Korea manages to defeat China then it will be China we will face in the quarter finals. So its important for Korea to beat China to top their group. If not Iran will face Korea in the Quarters.

Looking at the Semis best result for us would be for the Uzbeks to either draw or beat Japan in their final group game. If that happens the only way we can face Japan will be in the final. And Iran will face Uzbeks in the semis. So technically if Iran manages a draw/win tomorrow against Iraq and becomes group winners we will need Korea to beat China and Uzbeks to get a draw/win against Japan. Perfect scenario for Iran.

Then it will be:

Iran/Lebanon 1/8
                            Iran/China 1/4
                            Iran/Uzbekistan 1/2

Comment

Saudi-Qatar match will be after Japan-UZB match. I wonder what happens if Japan fails to beat Uzbekistan. maybe Saudis don't try hard to beat Qatar in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                                Saudi-Qatar match will be after Japan-UZB match. I wonder what happens if Japan fails to beat Uzbekistan. maybe Saudis don't try hard to beat Qatar in this case.
                                What if Qatar starts scoring own goals?

Comment

Working...
                                X