No announcement yet.

Round of 16 bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Oman match is tougher than possible QF vs China or Thailand. we really have to be careful about this match.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
      I think Oman match is tougher than possible QF vs China or Thailand. we really have to be careful about this match.
      We played once more Oman in the group stages of Asian Cup 2004 2:2 and they come up 2:0 Oman. And we fight in that match with meany red card for us. I hope we play this time attack counter and defend well now we got Azmoun and the best coach Carlos Qurioz!

https://youtu.be/IIOFmTOnufA

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
        Our manager prefers to use a different keeper. His player preferences are very questionable.
        holy shit, a korean in pfdc?

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
          We played once more Oman in the group stages of Asian Cup 2004 2:2 and they come up 2:0 Oman. And we fight in that match with meany red card for us. I hope we play this time attack counter and defend well now we got Azmoun and the best coach Carlos Qurioz!

https://youtu.be/IIOFmTOnufA
          Our record against Oman in 2004 has no bearing whatsoever. The coach was different, and most/all of the squad from 2004 is now retired. Of course CQ will analyze Oman and come up with the best strategy, but we have a clear advantage: an extra day of rest for the entire team; rested Degajah in the midfield and rested Taremi/Torabi (they only played about 20-30 min against Iraq). Oman went with all cylinders blasting today. Fatigue will be a huge issue for them.

Comment

Very glad we wont be playing Iran in the QFs. We look forward to seeing you in the finals.

Comment

I think the match is 50-50. For some reason we always choke in KO-stages.
              Last time we won a KO-game was 2004...
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Lol it's ridiculous when you see little teams like oman or jordan actually become a threat in the asian cup, while we are the same team that had those performances against the likes of argentina spn and prtgl , and beat s.korea on occasion.
                Shake my damn head

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  UAE was terrible and was lucky to defeat India and Bahrain. Australia and Uzb are different caliber.

Fans cant win the cup for you.
                  But refs can take you far. Ask 2002 South Korea.

Comment

Really didn't want to face Oman. one of the better teams so far in the tournament.
                    nice rolling passing game and pretty organized defensively.
                    Dominated for 90 minutes against Uzbekistan and were robbed against Japan.
                    Will be tougher than the quarterfinals. But we will beat them anyway.

Comment

Oman is a very dangerous team for any of the Asian super powers

Iran should be careful

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                        Oman is a very dangerous team for any of the Asian super powers

Iran should be careful
                        We often struggle to win against them btw, and last time we won an elimination game was in 2004 (and only one in that cup). Straight elimination in 1/4 in 2007, 2011 & 2015...

Damn I was hoping something like Kyrghizstan to come in full force for 1/4, 1/2 and final. Now with this AC stupid new format, we have an extra hurdle to reach the cup

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          Pretty balanced bracket, a powerhouse team in every corner: Iran, Japan, Korea, Australia. Excited for the Japan-Saudi match.

I just checked the dates/time for the quarters and semis, bummed to find out I have an anatomy practical at the same time as the semis. Going to turn off my phone and everything then hope I get a hold of a download link in time.

Comment

Can we stop bringing up the last time we played Oman in 2004? It was freaking 15 years ago. To give you perspective, Azmoun was 9 years old back then! jesus.

Also, lets not now start freaking out about Oman. Yes they aren't as bad as Yemen or Vietnam or Thailand etc but they are still a 3rd grade team. If we are now going to bite our nails because we are facing them, we might as well close shop and go home. C'mon people, lets remember our performance in the world cup and hope TM shows us some of that!
                            In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said: "Let there be light!" And there was still nothing, but you could see it.

Comment

Rumour has it we're underdogs...

Comment

Non Arabs or all Arabs possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X