Day 4 [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
    Will provide my day 4 analysis later but I have to say Saudi looked in fine form. To those of you who rushed to call Iran Superior and write off all other teams, I would say please be patients and let's wait until we have the full view of the teams.
    Patience is the key.

People in this thread were already writing off Iraq, I said don't do it - was proven right. It's just one game guys, we don't know yet.

Comment

South Korea played Saudis in a friendly a few days ago. It ended 0-0 but we should've won it but our player Ki missed the penalty kick. A team with a decent defense won't leak goals to them.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
        We are not scared of playing the Saudi Soosmars as i am sure we will beat them 2-0

I am just affraid of thier money and influence in the AFC and referring which works against us every time.
        that's the name of the game with AFC. Frankly I don't think we are going to make it this time either, the chances of winning are somewhat random anyways + you add favoritism and its even smaller. They are 2 things that I am concerned about; younger TM players getting disappointed and IFF going with a domestic coach / lower investment after the cup .

Otherwise, enjoy the show while it lasts

Comment

If South Korea and Saudis win their groups they will not be in Iran's side of the bracket. Unless Saudi makes it to the final you guys don't need to worry about Saudis in this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
            South Korea played Saudis in a friendly a few days ago. It ended 0-0 but we should've won it but our player Ki missed the penalty kick. A team with a decent defense won't leak goals to them.
            They were embarrassing in the World Cup too. They just look flashy against weaker teams. I’m not saying they’re to be written off but they shouldn’t be put on the level of KR/AUS/JAP/IRN

Comment

I know it’s early to discuss, but I would rather face South Korea in a final than Saudi Arabia. I simply don’t trust AFC refs in UAE!

Comment

After today we can once again confirm that we are superior to all teams.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  From a fan perspective, this tournament has been a complete turn-off due to the poor attendance (average is around 7,800 a game and that's mainly due to the first match). So far, this has been the worst attended Asian Cup and it's made even worse considering that the UAE - a country with a large international crowd - is the host. More so, I'm disappointed in our own fans. I thought we'd see crowds similar to those in Australia 4 years earlier but the attendance for yesterday's match was incredibly poor.
                  You're not considering that this is the first Asian cup where there are 24 teams instead of the 16 we've had in the past Asian cups. Essentially a lot of these games are like Asian cup qualifying matches like our game vs Yemen. That match did not feel like a real Asian Cup match which is why I think there weren't many fans. I don't think you can be upset at Iranian fans or fans in general for not making the trek from overseas to watch the group stage games. Although I agree more of the Iranians living in Dubai should have attended the Yemen match since it's of no inconvenience for them.

I personally live in the US and wanted to be in Dubai for all the games but could not take a month off work especially since I just took a long term vacation to be in Russia for the world cup. I've already bought my tickets for all Iran games starting from the round of 16 with 7 other people and many Iranians like me are doing the same. If you look at tickets for the round of 16 match and beyond the majority of tickets have already been sold.

And I expect more Iranians living in Dubai to attend the match against Vietnam and for the Iraq game to be sell out/ near sell out. Which I think will be the case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

People in this thread were already writing off Iraq, I said don't do it - was proven right. It's just one game guys, we don't know yet.
                    Writing any team off is just pure idiotic and arrogant. Even teams like Yemen, Vietnam etc.

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                    I know it’s early to discuss, but I would rather face South Korea in a final than Saudi Arabia. I simply don’t trust AFC refs in UAE!
                    I am with you on that. Playing Saudi Arabia is always stressful. Because you're not just playing their team if you know what I mean!

Comment

Saudi Arabia

Do you agree that Saudi national team is a dirty team? They don't play pure football. Their football is mixed with all sorts of psychological crap like winding up players, have supporters who go with their azadari shit music and chanting which works when they play Asian teams and has no effect on the Europeans. That is why they are quite successful against Asian teams including ourselves but when they face a European team they just look weak and get thrashed.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Please remember that our game yesterday was on a monday in Abu Zabi which is
                        1.5 hr away from Dubai.

You will see a lot more fans vs. Vietnam on Saturday ,and probobaly a full stadium when
                        we play Iraq in Dubai on Jan.16 th.

Comment

I think Iraq will be a tougher Team to beat for TM than KSA. Saudis play some nice passing football but
                          they lack killer instinct against bigger teams. On the other hand Iraq can play poor crap but punish you on one counter,
                          set-piece or penalty.

Comment

anyone have highlights from iraq- vietnam? would be much appreciated
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              anyone have highlights from iraq- vietnam? would be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                                Both Vietnam and Iraq will lose to Team Melli. Maybe not by a high margin but they will lose.
                                I agree with you about Vietnam, since they have big problems with set-pieces and air battles in general.
                                Cant see how they want to prevent Sardar, PAG, Taremi, M.Hosseini etc. from scoring goals from Corners,
                                Set-Pieces, Freekicks etc.

Iraq will be a different story. Iran-Iraq is always close game and something like a derby. They will totally transform
                                their performance against us and try their best to defeat us. I have no doubt that we will control most of the
                                game and creating better scoring chances but on a lucky day they can hurt us.

Comment

Working...
                                X