Day 4 [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beevee View Post
    don't agree, our defenders are our strength as shown in the WC. after watching this game between the Arabs and the N Koreans, I'd love to play the Arabs. If they don't pull another Arabization of the tournament we'd beat them by 3 or 4 goals if they do pull the typical cheating then we'd beat them by 1 or 2.
    Of course they will Arabize the ref as well. It is a given. When was the last time we beat saudi Arabia? 2002! and before that 1996 in groups. They beat us a couple of times in Azadi with senior and Olympic teams and beat us in the Asian youth championships semis i believe with one of our best teams. All losses were the same way and through the exact weakness for us and strength for them.

Comment

yes N koreans are terrible. they recently lost to someone else can't remember not a power house 5-0 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        4-0 for the Saudis and the game is still on. This KSA so far looks the most venomous team of the tournament TBH. Both TM and KSA are for sure the biggest threats to other Asian teams. I was not expecting this kind of performance by the Saudis. Wonder if N. Korea is really that terrible!?
        Perhaps $omething has happened behind the $cene$.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Even though the Saudis are up 4:0, I have not been impressed by their performance at all. Defensively they look shaky against a very bad NK team, and they were very sloppy in the build up. Wouldn't mind facing them in the KO stages at all.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
            Even though the Saudis are up 4:0, I have not been impressed by their performance at all. Defensively they look shaky against a very bad NK team, and they were very sloppy in the build up. Wouldn't mind facing them in the KO stages at all.
            They are the boogeyman team for us - we are obviously better than them but I do not want to face them. I hope they are eliminated before facing us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Spain and Saudi Arabia are not comparable in the speed of their buildup play.
              You are the one that compared them. I merely compared the one game. How many times have Saudi's beat us exactly in the way I described? How many times? They beat us in Azadi in 2009 like this, few years ago in Azadi again for Olympics, In Asian youth Semis recently. All the same exact way.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                Assuming we both win our groups we cannot face them until final. Seems destined to be

Comment

Iran didn't allow a shot on goal all game long, if we had good luck we could have scored another 3 or 4 goals. I am sure Yemen would easily beat this NK team.
                  I would definitely be happy with a Iran v Arabia in the next round or after.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    Perhaps $omething has happened behind the $cene$.
                    Who know[emoji383]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beating DPRK like that is not easy for any team.
                      Looks like Saudi got a good team this time.
                      But I reserve my final judgement until they play
                      Qatar. That's the "mother of all games" in the group stage.

Comment

....after seeing the Saudi result I decided to just check in here to read opinions and see how they have changed.

I am not disappointed, now Spain and Saudi Arabia are being compared

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                          Why does North Korea have oversea players? Their citizens can't move abroad.
                          They have exceptions. Many North Koreans work abroad in Russia and China and other countries for hard labour. North Korean footballers abroad give away like 95% of their salary to the government.

Comment

People are overreacting. This DPRK team is absolutely terrible they have become a joke over the past few years.

Comment

We are not scared of playing the Saudi Soosmars as i am sure we will beat them 2-0

I am just affraid of thier money and influence in the AFC and referring which works against us every time.

Comment

Will provide my day 4 analysis later but I have to say Saudi looked in fine form. To those of you who rushed to call Iran Superior and write off all other teams, I would say please be patients and let's wait until we have the full view of the teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X