• Show
Clear All

Asian cup 2004 iran vs china penalties

1st ali daei: goal
    2nd mehdi mahdavidkia : goal
    3rd nekounam : goal
    4th ????? Miss
    5th a cb golmohammadi steps up and does a pirlo style pk?? Miss
    Where the hell was karimi and why didnt he take a shot ?https://youtu.be/uqkaK7lHZwE
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    1st ali daei: goal
    2nd mehdi mahdavidkia : goal
    3rd nekounam : goal
    4th ????? Miss
    5th a cb golmohammadi steps up and does a pirlo style pk?? Miss
    Where the hell was karimi and why didnt he take a shot ?https://youtu.be/uqkaK7lHZwE
    The fourth was Mobali. There was so much injustice done against us. It still infuriates me to this day

Comment

Branko had so many options to take the penalties but chose to keep the best for the change room. This game was a disaster from the beginning. We had a great team that year and could have won the cup. Two things failed us, the coach and some of our players who did not have the mental strength. This loss was worse than losing to Iraq on penalties in 2015.

Comment

Why do we have to see the ugly face of that stupid Syrian Ref one more time. How many time do we have to watch this very sad video. I hope none of our TM players in Qatar watch this video. It will only danage their moral and conference.

Comment

If I remember correctly Karimi would never take penalty kicks, especially the really important ones. It was his choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
            Why do we have to see the ugly face of that stupid Syrian Ref one more time. How many time do we have to watch this very sad video. I hope none of our TM players in Qatar watch this video. It will only danage their moral and conference.
            He was lebanese. You are thinking of the syrian ref that screwed us over in the 1992 Asian Championship by giving us 3 red cards and a late offside goal to Japan.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              Branko had so many options to take the penalties but chose to keep the best for the change room. This game was a disaster from the beginning. We had a great team that year and could have won the cup. Two things failed us, the coach and some of our players who did not have the mental strength. This loss was worse than losing to Iraq on penalties in 2015.
              Exactly! This was another AC winning team that went completely to waste because of total and utter lack of discipline in the team! When Golmo did that chip , he did it because he wasn't taught discipline, wasn't taught that this is the real moment of truth, he wasn't taught respect! he did soosool bazi instead, hoping that IF and it was a BIG IF, he scored, it would have been the most cutest goal!! What a moron!! This is all on Branko for not having the mental strength to reign in a highly talented but totally egoistic, rowdy team! All of them completely out of control ! this time the ref was not at fault!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                Exactly! This was another AC winning team that went completely to waste because of total and utter lack of discipline in the team! When Golmo did that chip , he did it because he wasn't taught discipline, wasn't taught that this is the real moment of truth, he wasn't taught respect! he did soosool bazi instead, hoping that IF and it was a BIG IF, he scored, it would have been the most cutest goal!! What a moron!! This is all on Branko for not having the mental strength to reign in a highly talented but totally egoistic, rowdy team! All of them completely out of control ! this time the ref was not at fault!
                And what happened in 2006 World Cup with Branko was even a bigger disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                  And this is what seperates cq from branko. We are disciplined now and run for 90 mins
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
                    This is exactly whats needed to fire them up i hope they watch it and i hope it burns.
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                      If I remember correctly Karimi would never take penalty kicks, especially the really important ones. It was his choice!
                      What kind of selfish pre madonna. The guy was on fire. I his prime and had the game of his life. Take the dam pk
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                        What kind of selfish pre madonna. The guy was on fire. I his prime and had the game of his life. Take the dam pk
                        He might have taken it later if it went to 6+. All the other guys were much better penalty takers than him. Especially Daei, Neko and Mobali

Comment

Team Melli suck in penalties. We are the England of Asia

Our penalties exit at major tournaments (6 loss-exist, 2 wins)

1. LOSS to Saudi Arabia at 1984 Asia Cup Semi Finals
                          2. LOSS to Kuwait at 1984 Asia Cup Third Place match
                          3. LOSS to Saudi Arabia at 1996 Asia Cup Semi Finals
                          4. LOSS to China at 2004 Asia Cup Semi Finals
                          5. LOSS to South Korea at 2007 Asia Cup Quarter Finals
                          6. LOSS to Iraq at 2015 Asia Cup Quarter Finals

WIN over China at 1988 Asia Cup Third Place Match
                          WIN over Kuwait at 1996 Asia Cup Third Place Match

Comment

i remmber thw game, the refree was garbage. ali karimi was foul in extra time and he should have send off the player, but did not do it, and we dont do well in peanlties. was a very bad game.

Comment

Worst live experience in a stadium ever. We were betrayed by a Lebanese referee later suspended for corruption.

Comment

Working...
                              X