Final TM List for Asian Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
    If Gholizadeh makes it I think Ghafouri gets the cut. We already have Ramin for RB with Pejman as back-up, and Kanaani as emergency (he's played there before for Iran youth teams). It makes the most sense given our shortage of midfielders and wingers/forwards.
    Gholizadeh, if fit, competes for RW. The two others in the squad are ARJ and Vouria, so it's between these three. I think Vouria, given his fitness, is fixed, so it's between ARJ and Gholizadeh, depending on who will be fitter.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      apart from the fact that those players are actually good enough for team melli, the 3 players you mentioned specially masoud and ashkan are the glue of TM. They are the ones that keep tm players together. I was watching the interview of our players in navad and its seems that masoud plays a big rule in giving motivation and controlling our team. from beiro to mohammadi, all of them give masoud lots of respect and listen to him.

Remember what happened in 2000 asian cup ?We don't want the same scenario to happen

Haaaallelujah!

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!
      Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Interesting how we all think different players will get cut - I personally think pejman is going to get the boot if gholizadeh recovers in time. Two main things lead me to believe this:

1. He’s aging and it’s showing. I’m one of his biggest fans but he really has lost his step and struggles to keep up with quicker players when playing for SS.

2. CQ seems to be phasing him out (in terms of playing time) more or less in the same way he did with seyyed jalal. He barely plays even in friendlies.

Time will tell but I think this is the most likely and smartest move CQ can make. Cutting vouria or even kanani would be a mistake IMO.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

wow I just realized Ali Karimi is not in the final squad... Will this guy ever get a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
            wow I just realized Ali Karimi is not in the final squad... Will this guy ever get a chance?
            I thought he was still injured or not fully fit after his injury hence didn’t make the final cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
              I thought he was still injured or not fully fit after his injury hence didn’t make the final cut.
              He flew with the team to Qatar, damn these injuries :/

Comment

Gholizadeh's club announced his name for their winter camp in Spain. So, he is out. I'm deeply saddened.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PeymanCQ View Post
                  Gholizadeh's club announced his name for their winter camp in Spain. So, he is out. I'm deeply saddened.

He trained with TM today and seemed to be in good spirits. According to AFC AC 2019 regulations the final deadline for making any changes to the roster is 6 hours prior to TM's first match on Monday January 7th, 2019 i.e. 5:00 AM EST and 3:00 PM local time (Abu Dhabi). I would hold off until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    He trained with TM today and seemed to be in good spirits. According to AFC AC 2019 regulations the final deadline for making any changes to the roster is 6 hours prior to TM's first match on Monday January 7th, 2019 i.e. 5:00 AM EST and 3:00 PM local time (Abu Dhabi). I would hold off until then.
                    Exactly. We will have our answers by either tomorrow or early Monday.

Him being included in Winter training camp means nothing. Ali Gholizadeh did a full training today with TM, and after practice was done, he was in good spirits. So we will see.

Comment

Does AFC require official medical proof for replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by PeymanCQ View Post
                        Does AFC require official medical proof for replacement?

No, the requirements have to do with the replacing player being registered during the preliminary registration and other conditions regarding ID card exchanges. See section 25.6 on page 36 of the competition regulations here http://www.the-afc.com/afc/documents...on-regulations .

Comment

No, the requirements have to do with the replacing player being registered during the preliminary registration and other conditions regarding ID card exchanges. See section 25.6 on page 36 of the competition regulations here http://www.the-afc.com/afc/documents...on-regulations .
                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X