Forwards:
    Torabi
    Taremi
    Ghoddoos
    Jahanbakhsh
    Ansarifard
    Azmoun

Go TM!

Apparently, CQ has kept Gholizadeh at the camp in Doha. AFC allows for another finalization on January 4th and if there is another injury Gholi could join the roster. See the report below on this topic:
    https://www.varzesh3.com/news/157910...A9%D8%B1%D8%AF

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
      Apparently, CQ has kept Gholizadeh at the camp in Doha. AFC allows for another finalization on January 4th and if there is another injury Gholi could join the roster. See the report below on this topic:
      https://www.varzesh3.com/news/157910...A9%D8%B1%D8%AF
      That would be good. But i thought gholi was kept to see if he gets healthy and then he would replace someone in the squad. I mean gholi is injured himself. it wouldnt make sense to put him in the sqaud if someone else gets injured cuz of his own injury. I thought they omly kept him cuz CQ really wants im to play and hope for a speedy recovery so he could replace another "healthy" squad member with him if he gets fit in time...realistically we dont need 5 CB with morteza, majid, montazeri,kanaani and chesmi...i wish one of them would have gotten replaced by a healthy gholi..

Comment

Originally posted by Navidi94 View Post
        That would be good. But i thought gholi was kept to see if he gets healthy and then he would replace someone in the squad. I mean gholi is injured himself. it wouldnt make sense to put him in the sqaud if someone else gets injured cuz of his own injury. I thought they omly kept him cuz CQ really wants im to play and hope for a speedy recovery so he could replace another "healthy" squad member with him if he gets fit in time...realistically we dont need 5 CB with morteza, majid, montazeri,kanaani and chesmi...i wish one of them would have gotten replaced by a healthy gholi..
        You have a valid point. Here is CQ's latest interview just published. It seems that he wants to keep Gholi in case he gets healthy in time.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/182...85%D9%84%DB%8C

Comment

You have a valid point. Here is CQ's latest interview just published. It seems that he wants to keep Gholi in case he gets healthy in time.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/182...85%D9%84%DB%8C
          but if he gets healthy in time can he just replace a "healthy" squad member or does this squad member have to be injured due to regulations of AFC to be replaced?

Comment

Cheshmi will be used (or can play as) a defensive midfielder. I think he will do fine as DM, suits him better than central defender. Always handy that he can play in both positions though.

Comment

but if he gets healthy in time can he just replace a "healthy" squad member or does this squad member have to be injured due to regulations of AFC to be replaced?
              Again, another good question Navidi94 jaan. The only thing that is certain is that CQ has kept Gholi at the camp and wants to watch his progress and then cross that bridge come January 4th. He also said that they are watching ARJ's progress closely and he will be training individually for the first week and he will join the team training after the Qatar friendly next Monday.

Comment

Well balanced squad, 2-3 options for every position. Ezatollahi is missing badly, otherwise I am very optimistic.

Comment

Again, another good question Navidi94 jaan. The only thing that is certain is that CQ has kept Gholi at the camp and wants to watch his progress and then cross that bridge come January 4th. He also said that they are watching ARJ's progress closely and he will be training individually for the first week and he will join the team training after the Qatar friendly next Monday.
                  I really hope ARJ can make it. Although he wasn't brilliant in TM lately we still need him badly. If him and gholi would miss out the only "natural" wingers we have left are torabi and amiri. I'm sure CQ will not take a risk with ARJ knowing that it will be a long tournament and might let him miss the first 1-2 games. I wonder how bad gholis injury is that CQ didn't take into account him maybe missing the first 1-2 games. His spot was taken by one of the 5 CBS not by a winger or striker

Comment

Good list.. Great to see Niazmand credited after the amazing season he is having.
                    Ezzatolahi will be sorely missed but he will really be missed for two games.

This squad should get to the semifinals with ease. We beat Morocco without Ezzatolahi and Morocco is better than any other team in Asia IMO

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, so only big two missing are Ezza and Rezaei, right? Due to injurry I suppose.

Comment

Exactly, if you count Rezaei as big. Gholizadeh and Moharrami injured too, but at least the latter was always uncertain. Khanzadeh might be a small surprise, but one could see it coming that Kanaani would get the nod.

Comment

Should be an injured player, otherwise he can't make it

Comment

Gholizadeh is the most gifted Iranian player since Ali Karimi, i am really pissed he can't make it, time for others, specially JB, Ghoddos, Karim, to bring their A game in TM level, something they haven't done for while. In case of Ghoddos he didn't get a real chance tbh. Also i am sure Torabi will play more minutes during this competition so it is time for him to shine as well.

Sadly two players i was hoping to make it(Saeid and Gholi) miss the tournament, i actually could live a AC without JB !

Comment

I am happy about Nourollahi selection, he is not a typical DM, he actually has some offensive and dribbling talent and can push attack when is needed. So he can both play as DM or CAM against stronger sides at the end of games and replacing some fancy midfielders when we want protect a result.

Comment

Working...
                              X