This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
    Trinity, I'd love to be in on this bet too, make it official, put the money in an escrow account under the control of a neutral third party. Trinity do you have an upper limit you feel comfortable with? I understand a lot of the new members coming out of the woodwork are vile garbage castrated snakes, hoping you are not the same and are being genuine with your bet offer! Let me know if you have an upper limit you feel comfortable with e.g. $10,000 $50,000, etc
    Raging Inferno suggested betyou app, I haven't used it. But it seems legit. So far, it's 3 over 10 and 1 under 10. So I'm thinking the odds laid down should be atleast 3:1 so far.

Oh, and I'm not going psycho with 10k bets. Maybe a 100 bucks per or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
      Sure thing bud. But I'd appreciate it if you lay off your incessant ad hominem attacks on those with different opinions than yours. Challenge the points of contention with logical arguments and factual data instead of attacking the person. It will actually elevate the discussion instead of turning it into a schoolyard name-calling contest. Cool beans?

As far as the bet goes. Let's see howmany more people are interested. We can lay down some fair odds based on the generated purse and proceed from there.
      I haven't seen or heard cool beans used since the 90s. Thanks for taking me back!
      Your nickname for CQ was particularly weak though, in an 'I just lost some brain cells' kind of way.

I think it's irrelevant how CQ will do in Colombia. The point is he did great with us. Aside from how the team's game improved overall think about how the norm for any 20 yr old who performed well for half a season used to be going to the gulf leagues and wasting their talent/ youth. We have more young players trying to prove themselves in European leagues than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
        I haven't seen or heard cool beans used since the 90s. Thanks for taking me back!
        Your nickname for CQ was particularly weak though, in an 'I just lost some brain cells' kind of way.

I think it's irrelevant how CQ will do in Colombia. The point is he did great with us. Aside from how the team's game improved overall think about how the norm for any 20 yr old who performed well for half a season used to be going to the gulf leagues and wasting their talent/ youth. We have more young players trying to prove themselves in European leagues than ever before.
        Ditto on lost brain cells.

Well, my unpopular opinion about gohroosh is that he completely crippled our attacking style of football. Played with 11 behind the ball for 8 years except for this Asian Cup. And he wasn't even the first guy that brought this style to Iran. If you remember Iran played the exact same way vs Korea in the 2011 Asian Cup under Ghotbi. Not much to it. Get 11 guys. Make sure they're behind the ball, compact, cover each other and occupy key zones. It's a great way to frustrate your opponents and demoralize them if they can't score in the first 60 mins. And you can freely muster up a quick counter upon possession. That's his legacy at the helm for 8 years.

And as you saw against Bosnia, and more recently Japan. If TM concedes a goal, they had absolutely no comprehensive attacking plan. No possession, passing accuracy and the number of passes is beyond pathetic. Our Midfield is a joke. Cause it's essentially non-existent. Infact, one of the reasons we got thumped by Japan was because we took out our own midfield by lobbing the ball to Sardar, instead of utilizing the mid-field and the wingers. Then people complain about ARJ being invisible. When your only attacking plan is lob the ball forward and hope for the best this is what you end up getting. Even Ali Parvin was a more competent football coach than gohroosh.

The only good thing about him is that he killed bazikon salari, and insisted on having a good pitch. That's it.

The bad things? International press conferences shitting on Iran. Underdog mentality. You get called the underdog enough times then you start acting like the underdogs and your players get nervous against lowly Japan. Friendlies against Somali pirates, and palestine instead of big teams that would actually boost the players confidence and give them invaluable experience and exposure. Division. Lack of respect. Spent the better part of the year outside Iran. Didn't go to watch any of PGL matches in Iran. Didn't consult any of the coaches about their players, their conditions, etc. Instead started a fight with every coach that won an IPL title. Need I go on?

And I love how people keep saying he brought discipline into the team. You saw this discipline with Pouladi's grassrolling vs Iraq 4 years ago. And 5 people on the pitch vs Japan that stopped playing in order to bully the ref. Peoples opinions on this charlatan is going to change for the worse with the passage of time. Once they slowly take off their rosey IR MEDIA king CQ glasses off and smell the coffee. We have an incredible crop of highly technical, and motivated players. We're going to do big things without him. He was holding us down. Not the other way around.

Comment

I'm taking bets. Over and under 10 matches, official or friendly. Doesn't matter. I'm betting Colombia will sack CQ in less than 10 games if they do end up actually signing him.
          come on man! Neither Colombia nor any other country would sign a coach with the price tag of CQ and fire him with less than 10 matches under his belt! maybe something unrelated to football may cause them to part ways, but it would be utterly stupid to hire any coach (never mind CQ) and then fire him before he even coaches 10 games! it's not cheap to rip up these contracts these days.

I won't bet any money as I know I won't get paid , but I am willing to bet you a simple "I told you so!".

until then!

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
            I've always been a fan of Los Cafeteros and CQ going there is just more reason for me to support them full time.
            My wife is Colombian so my support is unconditional!

Comment

The only good thing about him is that he killed bazikon salari, and insisted on having a good pitch. That's it.
              Sure. We'll just ignore that he also built a state of the art training center with his own money and fought to retake it from the opportunists and gave it back to the national team, only to end up being called "Gohroosh" by some namak nashnas nobody on the internet.

And I love how you say "that's it" as if ending bazikon salari and having good pitches are trivial issues. Bazikon salari had been a malignant cancer on Iranian football at all levels before CQ. Just go back to Brangoh's era when the national team was basically a set of competing cliques led by star players that openly showed no respect for the coach.

The bad things? International press conferences shitting on Iran. Underdog mentality. You get called the underdog enough times then you start acting like the underdogs and your players get nervous against lowly Japan.
              Uninformed nonsense. This is just teenage bravado. Fostering an underdog mentality is one of the very basics of sports psychology ffs. You see it in every sport when it comes to public statements. The coach either goes for the underdog gimmick and talks up the opposing team and singles out their star players to put pressure on them, or he goes for the siege mentality and accuses the other team of having no respect for his players and instills in his team an Us Against The World mentality. If he's lucky, he's given enough material to do both.

This is just basic sports psychology that you'd know if you follow ANY professional sport on a meaningful level. A coach that goes to a conference to shit on the opposing team and brag about his own team would be laughed at as a moron who has just given the opposing coach plenty of "bulletin board material". Let me guess, genius, you don't know what that term means either. BBM basically refers to statements by the opposing coach, players or the media that the coach posts on a bulletin board in the locker room and points to repeatedly in the days leading up to the game in order to motivate his players and make them feel as though they have something to prove to the other side.

The fact that you don't know something so basic and actually think a coach's job is to talk up his team in pregame conferences like a bragging blowhard shows how little you understand about sports in general.

Friendlies against Somali pirates, and palestine instead of big teams that would actually boost the players confidence and give them invaluable experience and exposure.
              Here's the problem there, Sparkey: friendlies against big teams require big money. And if you followed Iranian football and/or could read Farsi, you'd know that the federation can't even fund the maintenance of a godforsaken training pitch...let alone pay the big bucks needed to arrange matches against heavy weights. Then there's something called *international sanctions* which caused even the goddamn Greeks to cancel on us, but it's CQ's fault that we're not playing France and Brazil!

Once they slowly take off their rosey IR MEDIA king CQ glasses off and smell the coffee.
              Rosey IR media CQ glasses? By media do you mean the same IRIB that has been bashing this guy nonstop and refusing to give airtime to anyone who actually supports him? The same IRIB where the schizo host mistranslates CQ's statements and goes on to give a sobbing performance in condemnation of him...then refuses to correct his mistake even after it's pointed out on social media?... Then again you probably spend as much time actually following IR media as you do following professional sports. Probably too busy 'smelling coffee' or something.

We have an incredible crop of highly technical, and motivated players. We're going to do big things without him. He was holding us down. Not the other way around.
              Then funny how this "incredible crop of highly technical and motivated players" have been passionately on CQ's side and have repeatedly called for his contract to be extended! I'm sure you know something they don't. They're too busy training with CQ to know how much he sucks according to those FIFA 19 simulations you've seen on youtube. Maybe you should send them a few clips.

Comment

If Queiroz is the "IR Media King" as Trinity suggests then I must be in some parallel reality where the IRIB tv and radio stations and newspapers are doing the opposite of what they have been doing.

Or is it opposites day?

Comment

Raging Inferno suggested betyou app, I haven't used it. But it seems legit. So far, it's 3 over 10 and 1 under 10. So I'm thinking the odds laid down should be atleast 3:1 so far.

Oh, and I'm not going psycho with 10k bets. Maybe a 100 bucks per or something like that.
                  You clearly have strong opinions and I think you should stick to them. Again unlike the vile garbage castrated snakes who are demeaning the legacy of the best coach we have ever had in our football history who has done the most for us on the international stage, I am presuming you truly believe what you are saying. $100 is child's play and not worth the effort, and 3:1 or whatever you said I don't really follow. How about a 1-on-1 bet with me, with the terms you said, in effect at the starting whistle of the first game he is head coach of Colombia, that if he coaches less than 10 games you win (competitive or friendly as you said), and if he coaches 10 of more games then I win? These are the terms you proposed and I think are reasonable.

I suggest somewhere between $10,000 and $25,000 bet, in your words "however much you can comfortably part ways with." We would each place in escrow, payable to me at the starting whistle of his tenth game as coach, or payable immediately if his contract is terminated prior to ten games. I can draft the legal language in more detail shortly. Do we have a deal?

Comment

CQ just posted a pic on instagram, he is on a plane and says thank you iran

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                      CQ just posted a pic on instagram, he is on a plane and says thank you iran
                      I know it was coming but still makes me sad

Comment

So it is really over for Carlos! I AM SO SAD what a man and what a hereo. I think now it is really over he took the plane to Portugal. I thought IFF can change he's mind and let him stay. I wish we had won against Japan.. it is fault of our players how did not play like what we know from them. It is hurting me so much because I expected a win of ASIA CUP and with this good team as number 1 in ASIA. We will never win the ASIA CUP even with our golden team in 1996 we did not do it. I hope JAPAN will lose tommorw in the FINAL of the Asian Cup. But still hurt very much it could be IRAN-Qatar.

I will never forget you Carlos:

World Cup 2014 Argentina the best ever game we almost win/draw
                        World Cup 2014 Nigeria was a good game

World Cup 2018 The first ever win in a World Cup after 20 years
                        World Cup 2018 a very good game against Spain we almost draw them if we lukcy it had been 1:1
                        World Cup 2018 It was in our hands to WIN PORTUGAL! But we did not do it and the excellend save from Alireza on Christiano Ronaldo stop the penalty.

I will never forget it, it was a very wondering and 8 years have been past with good FOOTBALL. I think we will not see the Iran as it was.. I still hope Carlos will be back if not I with you all luck and I hope for Iranian national team a good European one with experience. Iranian coach are not in the level to take over.

Comment

Has the sports ministery given a reason as to why they did not want IFF to offer CQ a new contract ?? Could it be that they simply cannot afford him anymore ??

Comment

Ditto on lost brain cells.

Well, my unpopular opinion about gohroosh is that he completely crippled our attacking style of football. Played with 11 behind the ball for 8 years except for this Asian Cup. And he wasn't even the first guy that brought this style to Iran. If you remember Iran played the exact same way vs Korea in the 2011 Asian Cup under Ghotbi. Not much to it. Get 11 guys. Make sure they're behind the ball, compact, cover each other and occupy key zones. It's a great way to frustrate your opponents and demoralize them if they can't score in the first 60 mins. And you can freely muster up a quick counter upon possession. That's his legacy at the helm for 8 years.

And as you saw against Bosnia, and more recently Japan. If TM concedes a goal, they had absolutely no comprehensive attacking plan. No possession, passing accuracy and the number of passes is beyond pathetic. Our Midfield is a joke. Cause it's essentially non-existent. Infact, one of the reasons we got thumped by Japan was because we took out our own midfield by lobbing the ball to Sardar, instead of utilizing the mid-field and the wingers. Then people complain about ARJ being invisible. When your only attacking plan is lob the ball forward and hope for the best this is what you end up getting. Even Ali Parvin was a more competent football coach than gohroosh.

The bad things? International press conferences shitting on Iran. Underdog mentality. You get called the underdog enough times then you start acting like the underdogs and your players get nervous against lowly Japan. Friendlies against Somali pirates, and palestine instead of big teams that would actually boost the players confidence and give them invaluable experience and exposure. Division. Lack of respect. Spent the better part of the year outside Iran. Didn't go to watch any of PGL matches in Iran. Didn't consult any of the coaches about their players, their conditions, etc. Instead started a fight with every coach that won an IPL title. Need I go on?

And I love how people keep saying he brought discipline into the team. You saw this discipline with Pouladi's grassrolling vs Iraq 4 years ago. And 5 people on the pitch vs Japan that stopped playing in order to bully the ref. Peoples opinions on this charlatan is going to change for the worse with the passage of time. Once they slowly take off their rosey IR MEDIA king CQ glasses off and smell the coffee. We have an incredible crop of highly technical, and motivated players. We're going to do big things without him. He was holding us down. Not the other way around.
                            You don’t know what you’re talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My eyes are bleeding after merely skimming over that much crap in one post. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I very much wish your right was revoked.

Comment

Sure thing bud. But I'd appreciate it if you lay off your incessant ad hominem attacks on those with different opinions than yours. Challenge the points of contention with logical arguments and factual data instead of attacking the person. It will actually elevate the discussion instead of turning it into a schoolyard name-calling contest. Cool beans?

As far as the bet goes. Let's see howmany more people are interested. We can lay down some fair odds based on the generated purse and proceed from there.
                                Well said. I would not make that bet though. If he does sign with Colombia it will be long term not so easily dismiss-able after 10 games. A better bet to make is that he will park the bus in Colombia, not win anything and get into many fights with ex players and coaches. Fans will not appreciate his brand of football in Colombia. They didnt have oghdeh from losing to a Bahrain to make them cherish 1-0 victories against Aruba.

Comment

Working...
                                X