This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Rosters do not matter. Contracts do. If the contract is for a national team game and the coach chooses to field young players or a B team it still counts as a national team game.
    Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by paas View Post
      Edit: I see why the 4 of the matches were not included. They were part of an exhibition tournament not recognized by FIFA.
      Fine, remove those 4 if you want to as well... not important.

But you can't claim that the sanctioned full national team results are U23 just because the squads were similar to what Branko took to the Asian Games. The former were officially national team games, the latter weren't. The choice of players was his and was the bulk of his national team any way for that entire period.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        I posted the squads - they have a mixture between younger and older players sure, but they are full national team games not U23 games, the players were all playing for TM as established players.

Out of the full national team games which you are claiming are "U23 games"

Palestine: Peyrovani, Golmohammadi, Kaabi, Kazemian, Enayati, Kavianpour and Amirabadi were all playing for the senior team, and Fanaei was national team reserve. Out of the remaining players in the team which were U23, many were involved in the national team as reserves.
        Azerbaijan: Mirazpour, Nosrati, Rezaei, Nekounam, Karimi, Nikbakht, Kazemian, Navidkia, Enayati - this is basically almost the full national team
        Jordan: Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Badavi, Nekounam, Karimi, Nikbakht, Kameli, Enayati, Kazemian, Navidkia - ditto
        Lebanon: Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Kameli, Amirabadi, Nekounam, Karimi, Nikbakht, Enayati, Kazemian, Navidkia - ditto
        Iraq, Syria, Morocco and Paraguay are similar teams.

Just because Iran's Asian Games squad had a number of these players (compared to more recent asian games squads which tends to have players who haven't been capped for their full national team) doesn't make those games randomly U-23 games as you claim.
        I didn't say they were U23 matches. I said they were U23 squads being used in preparation for the 2002 Asian Games which we won.

Why would Branko use the main team in August and September when he knows he has the Asian Games coming up in the end of the month.
        He was brought in for the Asian games and after winning it he left.
        He didn't start working with the actual senior team until a year later in 2003 where he was used for World cup and Asian cup.

You talk about putting things into context, but you cannot comprehend such a basic concept.

Comment

I didn't say they were U23 matches. I said they were U23 squads being used in preparation for the 2002 Asian Games which we won.

Thanks, so you admit they are full national team matches.

In which case, your "better numbers" quote was a false statement?

Comment

You talk about putting things into context, but you cannot comprehend such a basic concept.
            I think you are starting to get my point now.

Comment

I said they were U23 squads being used in preparation for the 2002 Asian Games which we won. .
              They were also the bulk of the full national team at the time - pretty much the whole TM apart from Daei basically. Many of the players in the squads, which I've named already and you can also see the others on teammelli.com, were established national team players.

As I said already, after that Asian Games, we started taking a younger team of non-fully capped players to try to identify future players for the national team.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Rosters do not matter. Contracts do. If the contract is for a national team game and the coach chooses to field young players or a B team it still counts as a national team game.
                Actually they do matter. If you are preparing for a U23 tournament and use a U23 roster for your preparation matches, then it matters.

It might be hard for you to comprehend that. I understand. You can return to re-flagging comments I made 6 years ago (which i was already warned for) and sending me profane messages.

Comment

You can return to re-flagging comments I made 6 years ago (which i was already warned for) and sending me profane messages.
                  What are you talking about?

Comment

You can return to re-flagging comments I made 6 years ago (which i was already warned for) and sending me profane messages.

Sorry my mistake I thought you were talking to me. It's late...

Comment

Actually they do matter. If you are preparing for a U23 tournament and use a U23 roster for your preparation matches, then it matters.
                      But that WAS the national team at the time? I don't understand why you keep describing it as an "U23 roster" as if those players are different from the full national team... Those players were the overwhelming bulk of the full team that Branko used during his tenure.

Comment

They were also the bulk of the full national team at the time - pretty much the whole TM apart from Daei basically. Many of the players in the squads, which I've named already and you can also see the others on teammelli.com, were established national team players.

As I said already, after that Asian Games, we started taking a younger team of non-fully capped players to try to identify future players for the national team.
                        That's irrelevant. If Branko was coaching the senior team then he would have used Ali Karimi, Mahdavikia, Rezaei + anyone he would want for those matches I mentioned.
                        The fact that he limited himself and opted to use U23 players makes it a U23 squad and not the senior team.

Comment

That's irrelevant. If Branko was coaching the senior team then he would have used Ali Karimi, Mahdavikia, Rezaei + anyone he would want for those matches I mentioned.
                          The fact that he limited himself and opted to use U23 players makes it a U23 squad and not the senior team.
                          But that WAS the national team at the time? I don't understand why you keep describing it as an "U23 roster" as if those players are different from the full national team... Those players were the overwhelming bulk of the full team that Branko used during his tenure. Mahdavikia was injured for the first part of 2002

I don't understand why you are calling them players in those "u23 players makes it an u23 squad and not the senior team"

Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Golmohammadi, Peyrovani, Kaabi, Nekounam, Nikabkht, Enayati, Kazemian, Kavianpour, Karimi, Kameli, Navidkia - these were the players in the eight games you are calling "the U23 roster" and they they were all senior players... Many of them featured in the qualifiers for the world cup the previous years. Others were introduced to the national team over the previous year as Branko rebuilt after Ciro's failure to qualify.

Sure, some of them were under 23 in age but that IS a senior team for these games... Why can't you just accept that simple fact?

Yes I don't understand. Maybe I'm stupid and you're a genius for calling what was essentially the full national team then (minus injured Mahdavikia and Ali Daei) an U23 team.

Comment

But that WAS the national team at the time? I don't understand why you keep describing it as an "U23 roster" as if those players are different from the full national team... Those players were the overwhelming bulk of the full team that Branko used during his tenure. Mahdavikia was injured for the first part of 2002

I don't understand why you are calling them players in those "u23 players makes it an u23 squad and not the senior team"

Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Golmohammadi, Peyrovani, Kaabi, Nekounam, Nikabkht, Enayati, Kazemian, Kavianpour, Karimi, Kameli, Navidkia - these were the players in the games you are calling the U23 roster and they they were all senior players...

Sure, some of them were under 23 in age but that IS a senior team...

Yes I don't understand. Maybe I'm stupid and you're a genius for calling what was essentially the full national team then (minus injured Mahdavikia and Ali Daei) an U23 team.
                            You're deceivingly juxtaposing names from matches which I didn't flag as U23. If you actually look at the squads one by one, you will see that those were U23 squads (u23 + max 3 overage).

Again, those were preparation matches for the 2002 Asian Games (a U23 tournament) which Branko was responsible for and won it.

If he later decided to include some (not all of them) in the senior team one year later in 2003 (where he actually took charge of the real senior side) that does not make the 2002 team a senior team. It was still a U23 team being prepped for the 2002 Asian Games (a U23 tournament).

You talk about putting things into context and you can't comprehend that. It's funny.

Comment

You're deceivingly juxtaposing names from matches which I didn't flag as U23. .
                              I AM LITERALLY PUTTING THE NAMES OF THE SQUADS FROM THE MATCHES YOU FLAGGED AS u23. I already posted them earlier, why did you ignore that?

1 v. Slovakia (L)
                              2 v. Venezuela (W)
                              3 v. Algeria (W)
                              4 v. Palestine (U23)
                              5 v. Kuwait (D)
                              6 v. Kuwait (W)
                              7 v. Azerbaijan (U23)
                              8 v. Ukraine (W)
                              9 v. Jordan (U23)
                              10 v. Lebanon (U23)
                              11 v. Iraq (U23)
                              12 v. Syria (U23)
                              13 v. Morocco (U23)
                              14 v. Paraguay (U23)
                              Palestine: Peyrovani, Golmohammadi, Kaabi, Kazemian, Enayati, Kavianpour and Amirabadi were all playing for the senior team, and Fanaei was national team reserve. Out of the remaining players in the team which were U23, many were involved in the national team as reserves.
                              Azerbaijan: Mirazpour, Nosrati, Rezaei, Nekounam, Karimi, Nikbakht, Kazemian, Navidkia, Enayati - this is basically almost the full national team
                              Jordan: Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Badavi, Nekounam, Karimi, Nikbakht, Kameli, Enayati, Kazemian, Navidkia - ditto
                              Lebanon: Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Kameli, Amirabadi, Nekounam, Karimi, Nikbakht, Enayati, Kazemian, Navidkia - ditto
                              Iraq, Syria, Morocco and Paraguay are similar teams as the above.

Now DID you or DID YOU NOT put the letters "U23" after the above games. I put these players in a list and you say "I am deceiving" for gathering the players for the games you have labelled U23 into a list?

Comment

You talk about putting things into context and you can't comprehend that. It's funny.
                                Because you are just lying. It's difficult to talk about context when someone makes stuff up.

You labelled 8 games as "u23 games" and I already listed the squads, which were essentially full national team rosters at the time, with a bulk of starting players and a few reserves. Some of whom were Under 23 in age as you'd expect from a squad which was rebuilding after a failed world cup qualification

Now you like by saying "You're deceivingly juxtaposing names from matches which I didn't flag as U23" about games that you flagged as U23

Either your reading comprehension is very poor, your short term memory, or a combination of the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X