No announcement yet.

Reza Shekari @ Rubin Kazan | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs 24 more goals to become the second best ever goal scorer in the history of Iranian football. It is safe to say he will break Nekounam's 39 and Karimi's 38 goals record, and will most likely break Bagheri's 50.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/soccer/afc-asian...q-also-qualify

Azmoun grabbing major headlines! Good signs!

Comment

You know, I was thinking about something.

We Iranians can be very ungrateful sometimes. I don’t mean to disrespect my people because I love my people. But we, as fans, a majority of us can be very ungrateful sometimes and this ungrateful nature tends to blind us from the truth.

I won’t make this a long post as I know I can get too carried away so I’ll make it short to explain why I said this.

1) I’m not trying to make a big deal about Sardar and I’m not trying to make him a God. So please keep this in mind as I go to point #2

2) When was the last time we had a striker who could dominate Asia? We need to really think about this question. When was the last time when we had a striker in Team Melli who dominated his opponents with the help of his teammates? I’m sure you’re thinking about the same person every Team Melli fan is thinking about: Ali Daei. The last time we had a consistent goal scorer who dominated Asia, was Ali Daei. Notice how I underlined Asia and not the World.

Before I continue I’d like to express my respect and gratitude towards these forwards that came after Ali Daei and near Daei’s last years as our striker (even if they didn’t score a 100 goals):

Alireza Vahedi Nikbakht, Vahid Hashemian, Arash Borhani, Mehdi Rajabzadeh, Reza Enayati, Javad Kazemian, Gholamreza Rezaei, Mohammad Gholami, Mohammad Ghazi, and etc.

3) Although Sardar Azmoun does not score goals in every Team Melli match he plays, he has proven that he is the most consistent out of the 3-4 that we have. Other forwards have contributed and continue to contribute a lot for our national team up front and score goals too. I am a fan of Karim Ansarofard. In fact I’m a bigger fan of Karim than I am Sardar, we also share the same birthday

The point is, Sardar is a clinical striker who has his eye on goal every match. Just as Ali Daei has had a few games where he did not score, Ali Daei always dominated vs Asian teams. Let’s be honest here, we have struggled in the striker department since 2000 until Sardar came along.

3) Sardar is 24 years old and he has 27 goals already. 24 years old! ... Let that sink in for a little bit and think about that. Sardar is not a perfect striker he has his flaws. In fact Hassan Rowshan praises Sardar earlier today but he said that he has weaknesses and still has room to improve. And maybe he won’t who knows, but he is the most consistent we’ve had since Ali Daei.

4) I know people like to talk statistics so I’ll bring up a recent statistic.

In the month of January 2019, Sardar has scored vs Qatar, Yemen and Vietnam.. I know these aren’t Brazil, Spain, and France but this is Asia. Ali Daei did this too!

5) Our expectations as fans is a little concerning especially considering the amount of crap a majority of our fans gave Sardar after the match vs Spain. We forgot Ali Daei played vs USA, a strong Yugoslavia and the powerhouse of world football: Germany.

As fans we need to think reasonably, logically, and with patience before we jump to conclusion.

Again, I’m not going to make Sardar a God. He is a talented player who has his flaws. But he is hands down the best forward we have, and his recent stats prove it.

Comment

^ Sorry for ending up making it a long post

Comment

sardar is great, we've all been saying it for years. its just that he lacks the maturity to be a true professional. that fact that he 'retired' from TM while TM was on a 3 month break just shows that he has emotional burst like a child that cries when they are hungry or sleepy. his reasoning made him look really bad; stating that the fans made his mother upset, so for that reason he won't represent his country anymore. its just very childlike.
            i like that he was hungry for a hat trick yesterday, but again he showed his immaturity when you can clearly see his anger at being subbed out. like chill out dadash, whats more important some individual stat? or a team win with a clean sheet?
            the fact that he hasn't left russia yet, that he's 24 years old and still lives with his mom, and his inability to control his emotions shows us that he's not ready to dominate at the world level although his performance on the pitch shows that he is.
            if sardar can grow up, it'll be his name the world will be talking about, not that rat mo salah
            SHOW TIME!

Comment

It's like this guy can do nothing good on some people's eyes.
              I would care less if he was 54 and still live with his mother, as long as he performs for TM, which he has done for years now better than any other player in our history of football, scoring wise.

This guy has scored 27 goals in 42 games!!!! Not even Messi or Ronaldo have the same ratio, let alone Ali Daei.

I'm not saying Azmoun is anywhere near Absolute World Class level at this moment, but remember that we are also Iran and that Azmoun UNTIL NOW has been the best striker we've ever had. One can only debate about what has been achieved, so yes it might very well be that Azmoun will never get the same numbers as Daei, but until now, and that is the only thing we can go with as we are no fortune teller, he has better stats.

So lets always remember that we are Iran and not Brazil, Azmoun is our current best player and probably the best striker we've ever had, before we start talking negative about him.

Comment

So first game CQ pulled off Taremi after a brace to prevent a potential hattrick and now it was Sardar's turn to be pulled off after a brace and unable to complete his hattrick. Makes you wonder CQ doesn't like his strikers getting more attention than him by grabbing headlines. This attitude is exactly the kind of approach that will stunt the growth of a still young and impressionable striker like Sardar to develop a confidence problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                  So first game CQ pulled off Taremi after a brace to prevent a potential hattrick and now it was Sardar's turn to be pulled off after a brace and unable to complete his hattrick. Makes you wonder CQ doesn't like his strikers getting more attention than him by grabbing headlines. This attitude is exactly the kind of approach that will stunt the growth of a still young and impressionable striker like Sardar to develop a confidence problem.
                  With all due respect I highly doubt that is the reason they were both substituted..........

Comment

Makes you wonder CQ doesn't like his strikers getting more attention than him by grabbing headlines.
                    Interesting take.

By the way, you do realise that if "another manager" was in charge of TM, Azmoun will be doing what Hashemian was doing for a couple of years in the mid-2000s? It was only by cajoling and supporting him behind-the-scenes that his retirement became such a non-issue?

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                      We Iranians can be very ungrateful sometimes. I don’t mean to disrespect my people because I love my people. But we, as fans, a majority of us can be very ungrateful sometimes and this ungrateful nature tends to blind us from the truth.

This is a very good point which we may need to continue in the General Forum. Whether it is somewhat an intrinstic trait of iranians, or augmented by 40 years of psychological attrition due to politics, we can't appreciate something when it's good. I was thinking the same point when i was seeing Karimi talking about our status as top of asia and the expectation...

My worry is, what happens if a hugely positive change happens in iran which isn't a "very obvious" one - there will be lots of people still complaining

We don't know something good when we've got it.

Comment

That's a hell of a stupid theory bro.. no offense.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          This is a very good point which we may need to continue in the General Forum. Whether it is somewhat an intrinstic trait of iranians, or augmented by 40 years of psychological attrition due to politics, we can't appreciate something when it's good. I was thinking the same point when i was seeing Karimi talking about our status as top of asia and the expectation...
                          My worry is, what happens if a hugely positive change happens in iran which isn't a "very obvious" one - there will be lots of people still complaining
                          We don't know something good when we've got it.
                          Dr., I was looking to say this but you said it. I wrote all of that when I could’ve just summed it up like you did

We don’t know something good when we’ve got it.

And you know what’s sad Doc? Not only do we don’t know something good when we’ve got it, we appreciate the good we had when they’re gone. Aka mordeh parasti.

This is the cultural flaw which continues to keep our hands tied and forces our people to fight one another and always focus on the negative. Be negative about someone or something, then once that person or thing is dead or gone we cry cry cry.. “Ya Abalfazl! Ya Hossein! Ya Fatemeh va Zahra!”

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Interesting take.

By the way, you do realise that if "another manager" was in charge of TM, Azmoun will be doing what Hashemian was doing for a couple of years in the mid-2000s? It was only by cajoling and supporting him behind-the-scenes that his retirement became such a non-issue?
                            From my perspective Sardar's retirement was also absolutely CQ's fault. Gotta look at it from Azmoun's eyes. Lost his shot to shine in 2014 WC by getting the axe from CQ. And after 4 years of tireless work to earn his spot for the 2018 WC the coach's tactics made him look like a boob on pitch despite insurmountable pressure on him from the fans to score.

No other manager would have subbed him out today. He was on fire. Neither tired, gassed or at risk of an injury unlike the Yemen game. All that 15min substitution did was stomping on Sardar's confidence which is what he needs to continue his prolific streak throughout the tourney to score, to make headlines, grab the interests of scouts, and finally gtfo of russia.

Comment

From my perspective Sardar's retirement was also absolutely CQ's fault. Gotta look at it from Azmoun's eyes. Lost his shot to shine in 2014 WC by getting the axe from CQ. And after 4 years of tireless work to earn his spot for the 2018 WC the coach's tactics made him look like a boob on pitch despite insurmountable pressure on him from the fans to score.

No other manager would have subbed him out today. He was on fire. Neither tired, gassed or at risk of an injury unlike the Yemen game. All that 15min substitution did was stomping on Sardar's confidence which is what he needs to continue his prolific streak throughout the tourney to score, to make headlines, grab the interests of scouts, and finally gtfo of russia.
                              His retirement was absolutely CQ's fault? That's a new one.

I agree with you that he should have been taken to the 2014 world cup just for experience sake, even though he might not have started (bear in mind he only had 4 domestic goals in his entire career then, it was his first real season) but I do think he should have been taken in the same way Ronaldo was taken to 1994 world cup but didn't play, or Walcott taken to 2006 world cup. Even the experience of going to these tournaments can be crucial.

The rest is bullshit, I'm really sorry. Azmoun did his job (which a lot of people didn't appreciate) within the context of our system in the world cup. He was defending from the front and did it perfectly, covered a huge amount of ground and applying pressure where, if you have a bit of luck, a mistake and turnover can lead to a goal.

Again, really sorry but no one can say he looked like a "boob on the pitch" I mean FFS even reading that pisses me off. He did what he should have done for our phalanx system perfectly. You have to ask yourself how CQ has extracted so much from Azmoun in international games which are less evident by his domestic coaches?

Lots of managers sub out players when they are on a hat-trick. We have another game in 3 days time. CQ has shown faith in Azmoun over the years and he has blossomed internationally in a way that previous managers have not been able to do with other previously gifted young strikers for our national team.

Comment

Sardar's second goals against Vietnam reminds me the goal in scored against Qatar in AC2015 (also the second group game).

Btw, lazio hot interest from two years ago seems to have put Azmoun under italian media's spotlights :

https://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/news/...noniere-102983

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/rest...ietnam-1201043

https://video.gazzetta.it/azmoun-mes...8-6cc01ee48e44

Comment

Working...
                                X