Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locadia with his goal to tie it 1-1

Comment

hmmm I liked what I saw from Locadia. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Stephens, Propper and Gross????? What are they doing there. Stephens made one nice pass but I much prefer Kayal there!

Comment

Just back from the match via the pub (cycling 8 miles each way in 75 min one trip, no trains).

Brighton should really have won. The side Arsenal put out were just not in the same class as Chelsea. Arsenal took off an attacker and held on for a point. Arsenal had a good first 20 mins though. They scored in this period and harassed the Brighton defence.

First thoughts later.....

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          LOL what can I say man

I'm sure InArseneweTrust is thinking the same
          Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          no way lol. Every match is crucial for us to get back in top 4 with tottenham and chelsea not likely to slip up that many times. I hope ARJ plays and does well but no way I will be rooting for brighton.

Comment

They had a lot of opportunities today, esp Propper, just couldn't finish. Locadia did better than before. If he does well it may push fans to give a bit more time to another ex-Eredivisie player starting a bit slow (ARJB!).

Funny looking at the table, ARJB joined Brighton instead of Leicester, now he is an injured bench player for a low table, likely relegation-fighting team, and Leicester is 7th, rising, and knocking on Europa League door!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
              They had a lot of opportunities today, esp Propper, just couldn't finish. Locadia did better than before. If he does well it may push fans to give a bit more time to another ex-Eredivisie player starting a bit slow (ARJB!).

Funny looking at the table, ARJB joined Brighton instead of Leicester, now he is an injured bench player for a low table, likely relegation-fighting team, and Leicester is 7th, rising, and knocking on Europa League door!
              tbh, I'm pretty certain that if he wasn't injured he would be playing most games. He got a little unlucky! CH has no confidence with Knockeart, with right lol!

Comment

if brighton were a good team they would have beat us today. They arent though. They are just slightly less shit than the rest of the bottom teams in EPL. We were shit in every department most likely due to the incredible volume of injuries our team has sustained recently. Mustafi, Bellerin, Monreal, Mkhitaryan, etc were all out, and unfortunately ozil was very shit today. When he plays poorly we struggle to break teams down esp when mkhi is out.

CH again didnt go for the win which I think most managers in PL would have done seeing the weakness in arsenal and being in front of their home ground with 15 mins to go, arsenal were literally offering nothing offensively at this point. But again, his mentality of draw isnt a bad point prevailed again. Draw is alright for some I guess. But if brighton want to make the jump to the likes of leicester , watford , etc, which I dont think they are too far off, then a bit more adventure would serve them well.

With every passing match I just keep questioning why ARJ chose this team. They dont suit his style AT ALL, lack any creative combos in offensive third or good spells of possession. Mantra is basically keep things tight and knick goals of set pieces, crosses, opposition errors. Literally the opposite of ARJ's strengths which are strong and consistent combos with full backs and CFs with good link up play, cutting inside and finding pinpoint High IQ balls for midfield runners, and being confident enough to get fed the ball, take people ,on and take his own shots.

Leicester suit him so much better and he would be playing for a better coach, earning more money. Even more than leiecester, any league but PL would have suited him. Wingers in PL need to be guys like dejagah, direct, strong, good at tracking back, physical, etc (in his prime), arj is the opposite. Instead, he has had his reputation go down the drain, isnt trusted by the management or fanbase, and now will enter the AC injured and in horrible form.

Yet another stunning move by an iranian player. Hoping he finally comes to life in AC and gets some confidence to return to brighton with.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                  Weghorst is doin so good at Wolfsburg. Hes a starter and has already scored 7 goals for them. Theyre currently 5th in the standings and can even fight for the Championsleague spots in the 2nd half of the season. Still think that Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A and Primera Division would have been better for Jahanbakhsh (and iranian players in general).
                  Well if he was at Wolfsburg with Weghorst we can be 100% of their season last year, that is if Weghorst still doesn’t have beef with him lol. No disrespect to Prem, but I just don’t see how he fits it in comparison to the Bundesliga. Maybe English people are right when they say Eredvise players flop in recent times when they come to the EPL

Comment

First thoughts

1) Cycling distance was 11 miles each way and took 75 minutes on an uncomfortable and hazardous route, to entrance. (Actually, quicker than the trains.)
                    2) Boxing Day used to be the most looked forward game of the year, but no trains meant my usual group could not make it
                    3) Brighton team selection did not look to have goals in it, and with three good chances missed it was proved so
                    4) Taking Ozil off was a big boost for the Albion
                    5) Dale Stephens was allowed space and he made good use of it with long passes
                    6) Solly March gave Kolašinac a torrid early evening
                    7) Balogun was good for his usual error, punished
                    8) Nothing really learned about the Albion team, but judgements confirmed
                    9) Emery made a worst fist of tactics than Wenger last season
                    10) Ryan will miss the Everton match for the Asian Cup. Ryan was my MOM for his first half saves.
                    11) Playing just one winger worked better for the midfield.

After watching the TV version:

Propper (2) March and Locadia had big chances. So two points dropped. March miss was gilt-edged. Propper hit one right footed when it fell on his left, but Locadia hit his chance with his weaker left foot. Arsenal took a forward off and held on for a draw. That's a 75% chance missed and a 50% chance and two 33% chances = 191% (nearly 2 goals). Saved Albion shots lacked venom.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post

Jumping the gun a bit with Leicester. Fair comparison as Leicester are nearest in style to Brighton: two notional wingers (only two PL clubs that do have) both have a tendency have a tendency to fall back in defence rather than press, both a bit in transition.

No guarantee that in the short term that Alireza Jahanbakhsh would get in the Leicester team as Albrighton is more experienced and slightly better than Solly March at the moment in the same style, and Demarai Gray is a quicker version of Knockaert. Maddison has adapted quicker than the athletic Locadia. Of course Vardy is better than Murray by speed. And even age.

Based on the Leicester model the styles can be matched and the players compared:

e.g. Leicester score more goals and have a better forward line;

Vardy vs Andone
                      Maddison vs Locadia
                      Albrighton vs March
                      D Gray vs Izquierdo

Both teams have an overly right-sided defensive midfield and the repective merits of the first choice defences are arguable?

Comment

PS: One could argue, both teams could ditch the second winger (unlike Everton and Bournemouth who also play two wingers and score more and concede more) and could include a hard running midfielder/creator like Pascal Groß or Gylfi Sigurdsson? I'm not sure who fills the creative role for Leicester now that Mahrez has gone?

I don't know how Alireza Jahanbakhsh fits in to middle of table Premier League sides. So far he hasn't seemed strong enough in possession (not the only one for Brighton).

Comment

If you thought you already hated “WeAreBrighton.com”, wait until you see this: https://twitter.com/wearebrighton/st...54735061192705

“22) People spending days of their lives working out where in the world Alireza Jahanbakhsh was and if he was coming to Brighton, only for him to turn out to be pretty rubbish so far”

The guy hasn’t even played recently due to injuries, talk about straight up disrespect! They’ve also racially discriminated against Iranian fans by fasely acussing them of comments they had not even posted, what a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            If you thought you already hated “WeAreBrighton.com”, wait until you see this: https://twitter.com/wearebrighton/st...54735061192705

“22) People spending days of their lives working out where in the world Alireza Jahanbakhsh was and if he was coming to Brighton, only for him to turn out to be pretty rubbish so far”

The guy hasn’t even played recently due to injuries, talk about straight up disrespect! They’ve also racially discriminated against Iranian fans by fasely acussing them of comments they had not even posted, what a joke!
                            They can f*** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Scum. The lot of 'em.

Comment

BHA actually won today: 1-0 against Everton, with a 59'min goal by Locadia

Comment

Working...
                                X