Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was Iran's most impressive player in this World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiro, apart from nerves at the beginning of Portugal game he was faultless, made some great saves and wasn't commanding. Also set off some good counter attacks with his distribution, plus imagine if someone said before the World Cup starts that he would save a penalty from Ronaldo, wow. I wish him all the best and that hIs form carries on, just shows what self-belief and perseverance can get you.

Comment

Also sorry special shout out to Ezzatollahi who was brilliant in both games he played.

Comment

Our IPL players were all strong, especially Ebrahimi, Amiri, and Beiranvand. For me, Ebrahimi was the most though.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Amiri was amazing especially in the first two games, he was all over the pitch, creating our most dangerous chances..

Ebrahimi was a beast too..

Interesting how our IPL players (IMO) were our best and most impressive.

Comment

I’m gonna give the cliche answer and say everyone.

But if we’re gonna talk statistics and who delivered the most for Team Melli in their respective positions, then I vote for Alireza Beiranvand.

He kept a clean sheet, saved Ronaldo’s penalty kick and had an overall good showing at the World Cup. That being said, if I could vote for two other players I’d vote for Morteza Pouraliganji and Karim Ansarifard.

If Mehdi started the first match it’ll be a toss up between him and Karim.

But yeah, I voted for Beiranvand.

Comment

For me it’s a 3 way tie between Beiro, Amiri, and PAG.

I would be very disappointed if we don’t see PAG and Beiro make moves to top 4 euro leagues this summer....
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

EVERYONE ON THE LIST ... which is what THEY will tell you if you ask them ..

Comment

I thought Beiranvand and Ebrahimi played consistently well throughout the group games.

Ezatollahi looked accomplished and I truly hope he gets an opportunity to play more and at a better club.

But for me I'd go with Hosseini. Young, inexperienced at international level but he slotted into the heart of the defence without skipping a heartbeat.
                  “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Majid Hosseini , calm , cool and collected in the world stage without any marginal issues.

Comment

Yeah, Hosseini definitely deserves a special shout out! This kid just stepped into the pitch at a WC with his 2nd TM appearance against the best forwards in the world and nailed it as if he was defending some school children during a Sunday afternoon game of football at his local park.

Amazing performance from such a young guy! Waghean shireh! Schaeffer had already mentioned a while back that Hosseini is the best defender in Iran, and I think he might be right about that.

What a gheyrat! Damesh garm!
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

as a morocaan for me definitely amiri in the 3 games

Comment

Originally posted by marouane View Post
                          as a morocaan for me definitely amiri in the 3 games
                          Credit to morocco for playing well in all 3 games. In another group (eg Poland's group, Russia's group or Belgium's group) who knows where Morocco could have finished...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Credit to morocco for playing well in all 3 games. In another group (eg Poland's group, Russia's group or Belgium's group) who knows where Morocco could have finished...
                            thank you man, i can assure you that the referee do badd to moroccoo sor far than iran if you see our game, but amiri for me is the best player in this iranian team, taremi for me was the worst player imagine , he play as a striker and he didnt not a lot of effort in the game comparing to others and he cannot put any goal , incredible, i was very very sad for iran they deserve better, but guys without emotion how can you say that queiroz do best wallahi how you can say that as our coach renard he admit that he sucked ..... i am not saying that he is bad but for me he is ordinnary

Comment

For me it's Beiranvand even before his heroics against Portugal. Rezaian is a close second.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Everyone. Seriously, everyone except for maybe Hajisafi and Shojaei... Everyone else played well above their own level.

Comment

Working...
                                X