Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post

I agree with you Nordin!
    there is no team in this word cup suffering for this var like us moroccan, did someone realise what happen to us during portugal team and spain team, its unbeliving

Comment

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I like VAR. Football is becoming much fairer. Still there is much to improve and there is a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed outside VAR. For instance cleared rules on what's a foul and what's a handball. Take our penalty for instance. Some refs call it, some not. Can't be that such decisions can be going either way and in one situation it's called and in the next not. There must be very specific rules which clarify in what angle the positioning of the arm is legal and in which not etc. Then VAR can really be fully fair.

Comment

I think most of you and unfortunately CQ (or he is just acting that way and being sarcastic), don't know how how VAR works and what the rules are.

I'd say google is your friend, that information is readily available. But then again ignorance is bliss.....

And yes even with VAR you will have biases and subjectivity.......and in the end the ref, no matter what the video ref and VAR says can make his own decision and overrule VAR (like with Ronaldo's red card) but the chances are now lower as until now they could have hide behind the fact that they didn't see it or didn't see it from the right angle.

However, when the video ref tells you to come and see the VAR as you made the wrong decision or missed something then you really need to be [feel in the word] to say no and stay with your initial decision.

Edit: OK my comment on CQ not knowing the VAR rules is wrong as it was based on the statement on this forum. Now that I have heard him myself, I see that he is just complaining about about how VAR is being used and the confusion/irritation created and he wants to hear the conversation between Video ref and the ref (which if you ask me is an unrealistic demand).

Comment

The confused referee in Portugal game really needed VAR to see the clear hand ball which was obvious to the naked eyes so VAR worked in that case. In the case of Serbia-Swiss match where two swiss guys grabbed lifted and brought down the Serbian player even VAR would not work. Something that obvious that cannot be seen by a dumb or a biased referee is outrageous.
            FIFA should ask the referees to take eye exam right before the world cup. We do not know if all can see clearly something 50 years away.
            They also need to make a video exam from past games of 12 years and ask for their judgement to see if they pass.

Comment

Working...
            X