VAR so far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAR so far....

I don't know, but VAR is leaving a lot to be desired. It seems it has given the refs and the officials another avenue to manipulate the results.

a- When is a VAR called?
    In Iran's game, it seemed that VAR was used when Ronaldo was fouled. It was not called for when one of the Iranian players was fouled in the penalty area. There need to be clear rules as when VAR is called for, not when the ref feels like it.

b- Should the main referee be the ultimate arbiter upon review?
    It seemed like the ref should have clearly given a red card to Ronaldo. Those are the rules. He made intentional contact on the face of the opponent, when the ball was not even close to him. That is a classic red card. If VAR is used, then it should be judged by a small group of other referees. Although this still leaves room for manipulation, at least the field referee is removed from the decision.

c- Is there a limit on the number of VARs?

I do not know. But I think each coach/capitain should have the ability to demand a VAR for a limited number of them. May be 3 per team. This way, it is not purely up to the ref to decide whether or not VAR is used.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

VAR fucked it up for Sweden and Iran. I was pro VAR at the beginning of the tournament but after what I have seen and how biased refs are towards it fuck it.

Correction: VAR didn't mainly fuck it up but the refs and them working with VAR fucked it up.

Comment

Everyone knew VAR was going to create as much controversies as it was gonna solve.

In any case... As long as VAR makes the correct judgment in any game, I don't know why anyone could ever complain.

Comment

In most games it’s been okay and I’ve been pro var but tonight it was shambolic.

Comment

VAR has done a brilliant job of showing us who the bad referees are.

You can give someone extra help - a whistle, linesmen, goal-line technology, earpieces, fourth officials, VAR - but a bad ref will still be bad.

Comment

CQ just slammed VAR and ref in our post game interview. said it was straight red

he said he wishes coaches would know whats going on, when ref is doing VAR. he wants to know who and what the ref is communicating on ear piece

he said he wants to know who makes the decisions, ref or fifa

only 1 replay for handball in box, 6 when ronaldo got 'fouled'

said that he might start a war with portuguese fans, but he's used to it after south africa

hes more upset with VAR not refs. as VAR isn't human error

pleads to his buddy Infantino to fix this VAR corruption
            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
              CQ just slammed VAR and ref in our post game interview. said it was straight red

he said he wishes coaches would know whats going on, when ref is doing VAR. he wants to know who and what the ref is communicating on ear piece

he said he wants to know who makes the decisions, ref or fifa

only 1 replay for handball in box, 6 when ronaldo got 'fouled'

said that he might start a war with portuguese fans, but he's used to it after south africa

hes more upset with VAR not refs. as VAR isn't human error

pleads to his buddy Infantino to fix this VAR corruption
              Lol, legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                VAR fucked it up for Sweden and Iran. I was pro VAR at the beginning of the tournament but after what I have seen and how biased refs are towards it fuck it.

Correction: VAR didn't mainly fuck it up but the refs and them working with VAR fucked it up.
                If you mean the game against spain. The linesman already put his flag up. They are told to don't put their flags up until the ball is out of the play. So he waited then put his flag up , then the ref checked the VAR just to make sure. so therefore Whether Var was used or not , the goal would've been disallowed .

Comment

Let me complete the heading for you:

VAR so far...has been crap

Comment

VAR was garbage.

Even the Irish analysts who hated us now love us.
                    Big respect to Didi Hamman. He loves us.

Comment

I think you you guys are mis stating. VAR has been really good so far. But as today's game as shown VAR doesn't remove biasness.

Ronaldo PK
                      Missed PK on Iran
                      and Missed Red on Ronaldo

he did make it up by giving us that terrible penalty which was not even a penalty..
                      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

I agree with you Nordin!

Comment

Yellow card for ronaldo's elbowing proved he had fouled. but it should have been red card. The red card is not for elbow with blood.
                          by the way you would not need VAR for swiss serbia game. two players lifting and grounding a serbian player and getting away with it proved that FIFA is political and it prefers to make countries like Serbia lose.

Comment

This system sucks. I already had a bad feeling when we lost to Portugal at the U-20 WC last year because of VAR.

Comment

VAR destroyed the World Cup. And I am not exaggerating.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X