Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Gucci or Ashkan get any play time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think the biggest thing we lacked was a dedicated captain and defensive midfielder.

If we had Javad Nekounam (If he wants retired and still in shape) or an in shape Teymourian or something that can captain a team REALLY well, we would have benefitted a lot.

I totally appreciate Shojaei and Hajsafi but between those two I don’t see much push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nobody knows why, but Gucci should have played some min at WC, we played without Striker you can say,

Comment

Taremi fought hard but he just cant finish...He had multiple opportunities in both Spain & Portugal games, including 1 golden opportunity in each game... I think if Gucci had that shot, he would've likely finished. Others like Dejagah, Karim, Azmoun, or JB would've done a better job as well.

Also sad that Dejagah couldn't play, I think he would have done a better job than Amiri in the Portugal game.

Regardless, I trust CQ with the selections. We don't have a fraction of the knowledge he has in regards to the training sessions, fitness levels, attitudes, tactics, etc.

Comment

Guys are we really going to question CQ's decisions again? Everyone was complaining why Vouria and Jalal weren't invited and we didn't feel their absence at all. I love Ashkan and Gucci but we're not in the training and we don't know who's fit and who's not and what are CQ's expectations from players.

Gucci is a great player but defensively he's not a great fighter like Taremi.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
            Maybe its time for the new generation of players to shine . And what damn good young prospects do we have ! can't wait for next AC
            What are you talking about? The guy is the new generation, and he's only 30 years old. He also has World Cup experience, leaving him and Dejagah out was very fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              Karim hasn't played striker for TM for years, so mentioning his lack of goal scoring is irrelevant.

Why didn't Gucci or Ashkan play? Maybe because they're old, unfit, or simply not good enough. Whatever the reason, I will side with CQ's decisions.
              How are they old, unfit or simply not good enough? They are 2 of the top players on TM without question. They're way more experienced then most of the team too.

Siding with a manager regardless of his decisions is not smart, more ideological then rational.

I don't care who the manager is, if he doesn't do his job properly, he should be criticized.

Comment

Because there is this foreign concept where the head coach decides who plays and who doesn't. Hard to believe, I know.

Comment

Because Carlos Queiroz didn’t need him to play. He needed him in the squad because he’s good but it ultimately is the coach’s decision who plays and who doesn’t. Carlos Queiroz likes Reza a lot and he needed him over a player like Kaveh Rezaei so there’s that.

Please, let’s not make this a big deal. Ashkan was hurt and Reza wasn’t needed on the field. They are both happy to have been a part of the World Cup and to be there if Team Melli needed them.

All this whining is just extra and is bs. Let it go so we can all move on.

We all love, respect and thank Reza for all that he has done and maybe will continue to do for Team Melli. He is a real professional and humble human being. But it’s time to implement new blood and to move forward.

Comment

Let's be honest, the line ups were horrible. How do you start Azmoun over Gucci when Azmoun is only an aerial threat and you have no wingers to send him crosses?

With the formation that CQ used, it pretty much made him useless. You're telling me a world class coach can miss something like that? Not a chance.

It's the same every time we play, 20 defenders or defensive mids and 1 attacker who has to run through the other team's defense by himself.

But I personally think that CQ does not have control over the line ups, I think FIFA controls who plays and who doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by IranTM View Post

But I personally think that CQ does not have control over the line ups, I think FIFA controls who plays and who doesn't.
                      Exactly! We can't get mad at CQ for not playing Gucci or Ashkan because FIFA controls our lineups anyhow, right?

Comment

Some times the coach needs players who can best demonstrate his tactical plan in practice. The younger and less experienced players would learn by observation. The bonus is that you still have these players on the bench in case you need to change tactics on the fly. Perhaps no tactical change was needed during any of our games.

But I still miss a fit and in form Ashkan. I don’t think TM has ever had a player with that caliber. Both Ashkan and Gucci are legends for TM.
                        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

CQ is building his team for 2022.

Just Imagine the likes of Majid Hosseini, Saeid, Sardar, Saman, ARJB, Cheshmi, Beiro, Milmo next time round withWC experience and hopefully top EU league experience under the command of CQ the great! They will challenge any team in the solar system and beyond.

Comment

I think the answer is the match scenarios never allowed for it.

Had to use two injury subs for Morocco game. Last sub was taremi who helped pressure Aziz for own goal

In Spain game, one injury sub for hajsafi. we also brought on jahanbaksh and ghoddos for karim and amiri looking for some offense. Those are better subs than Gucci imo since we already had taremi and azmoun on field

Third game, we did a sub for hajsafi since he was getting burnt and had yellow and was at risk for red. Took ezzi out for karim who took our penalty well. Also brought ghoddos for jahanbaksh who had a nice shot, and last shot turned into chance for taremi

For me, bottom line is the match scenario never really allowed for these two guys. Maybe if Portugal game was 0-0 with 15 min left Gucci would come on for CQ, or if Spain was 0-0 late in game dejagah could come and provide support in the closing minutes. But because of injuries and match scenario, wasn’t possible and I don’t think CQ purposely left them out

Comment

Working...
                            X