Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Gucci or Ashkan get any play time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't Gucci or Ashkan get any play time?

Still scratching my head about this.. I mean Karim scored the penalty but honestly what has he done in 7 years in Team Melli for a striker who's job it is to score.. I mean whats done is done we played well overall but wondering what you guys thoughts were on this?
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

Gucci’s wife has posted some emotional bs on her insta. Looks like there might have been something going on.

Comment

Maybe its time for the new generation of players to shine . And what damn good young prospects do we have ! can't wait for next AC

Comment

Azmoun was always starting as the target man, Ansarifad played his way into the team with his form.

Gucci was a last-choice striker and only made it instead of Rezaei due to his experience and already working with Carlos a long time. He'd probably come on if Iran were leading with 5 minutes to and needed a wise head.

As for Dejagah, he's a key man, so I'm guessing he was working his way back to fitness and it was worth taking him just in case he regains fitness in time. There wasn't really anyone who can replace that figure that was left out.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
          Maybe its time for the new generation of players to shine . And what damn good young prospects do we have ! can't wait for next AC
          This was going to be my point , plus Ashkan most likely isn't match fit. I'm guessing CQ took him for his experience for the younger players and not to play. For us to move on , he and Masoud need to retire from international duty and we can start building a team for next World Cup.

Comment

Carlos is heavily invested in our youth and wanted them to get recognized. Also Reza’s form this season was not good, and Ashkan was injured all year. The way we played azmoun was key in winning battles in the air, holding the ball and distributing to the wings. Reza can’t do this, and if we didn’t have ghoddos, Reza would’ve came on but saman is faster, with a better shot and great passing. Tactically would’ve made no sense and we have depth in our bench (to the point that Rezaei wasn’t even in the team)
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

They were brought in for the locker room and experience to be backups moreso than starters. I think CQ will phase both of them out now, especially with the Asian Cup around the corner

Comment

I think the better question would by why did Ghoddos not get more playing time, or better yet why did Torabi not get any playing time. Ansarifard did great I think.
                sigpic

Comment

Karim hasn't played striker for TM for years, so mentioning his lack of goal scoring is irrelevant.

Why didn't Gucci or Ashkan play? Maybe because they're old, unfit, or simply not good enough. Whatever the reason, I will side with CQ's decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                    Gucci’s wife has posted some emotional bs on her insta. Looks like there might have been something going on.
                    Can you tell us what she said bro?

Comment

Azmoun in this tournament was rather used for his physical aerial presence and set piece attribtutes... i knew Gucci wouldnt get time with the likes of Sardar. Karim and Taremi sitting in front of him...Wouldve been nice to had Ashkan for 25-30 minutes, but i think Queiroz knows more than us...

Comment

I am hoping for Younes Delfi for the next World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          Can you tell us what she said bro?
                          https://instagram.com/p/BkdiH2PAbTq/

Could be reading too much into tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by aryanirani View Post
                            I think the better question would by why did Ghoddos not get more playing time, or better yet why did Torabi not get any playing time. Ansarifard did great I think.
                            You answered your own question there. Ansarifard did well enough so there was no one for Ghoddos or Torabi to replace.

Comment

Torbay couldn't have replaced Vahid Amiri though? he looked so tired today.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X