No announcement yet.

Urgent Appeal: We Need To Control the Narrative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you need to examine your self-esteem, confidence and inferiority complex issues.

The world hates Iran. They have for some time. Get over it.

I say F-k the world, we should concentrate on doing our own thing.

Comment

Canada's TSN was also not appreciating Iran's performance either

Comment

Watching TM last night was torture...it wasnt football...it was just parking the bus infront of goal and grass rolling Arab style!

Im glad Spain scored because we finally woke up. But after the Spanish scoring I loved how the boys started going forward and actually playing football! Its just a pity we didnt score.

Life is about the end result. Losing is losing.

I just hope mentally we arent too scared from the Spain game because the Portuguese may just go 3-0 on us...with the worlds best player Ronaldo playing. But...theres still hope for a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
          Some of you need to examine your self-esteem, confidence and inferiority complex issues.

The world hates Iran. They have for some time. Get over it.

I say F-k the world, we should concentrate on doing our own thing.
          Precisely. Go forward!

Comment

Roy Keane (one of the dirtiest footballers ever to play) can kiss my Persian Arse.
            There is just bad blood between him and CQ and he will do whatever he can to make him look bad.
            We are getting much better as the WC continues and we will surprise the world on Monday.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know how we are being bashed or losing the narrative... Most of the pundits on TV praised Iran, and a lot of neutral football fans on YouTube, etc. are praising Iran as well, saying Spain didn't deserve the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Piroozi View Post
                I don't know how we are being bashed or losing the narrative... Most of the pundits on TV praised Iran, and a lot of neutral football fans on YouTube, etc. are praising Iran as well, saying Spain didn't deserve the win.
                Watch English TV bro, bunch of *** edited***
                Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 06-21-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

British TV is terrible with this sort of thing. They just have no mentality of supporting the under-dog. All they want is the "superstars" to go and smash the "weaklings." And when the narrative doesn't play out they start whining that the weaker team is ruining football blah blah... . It's pretty pathetic actually and a psychologist would have a field day with it (cf. brexit, empire etc.)! BBC's pre-match discussion (the day before the match) about the Iran match was a particular case in point. They didn't talk about the Iranian team even for a second, all about Spain and its stars with Lineker finishing with "Expect a few goals in this one then!" They don't just do this with Iran, they do it with all weaker sides. I remember the coverage of Greece in Euro 2004---constant whining and moaning. No attempt to understand the tactics, appreciate the excitement of an underdog winning and the effort they were putting in.
                  Swiss TV on the other hand were amazing! They had Winfried Schäfer on and talked more about Iran (because everyone knows Spain by now!!!) and constantly praising the Iranian guts and determination and how exciting the match was.

Comment

Roy Keane can eat my delengoon

Comment

Danish commentary for the most part were also abyssal.
                      BTW at the start of the world cup (I am talking about the opening game) The Danish analysts started out with talking about Russia and it´s controversies.
                      I was very upset because they are talking about Politics in the OPENING game of the world cup! And they didn't spend a couple of minutes either, the majority of the pre-analysis was on Russia's actions in other parts of the world.
                      What has the world become.. It is what it is i guess.

Comment

Guys!

Why do we seek other people’s praise?
                        We shouldn’t even care what others think of us!
                        They (those who do now) will hate Iran no matter what, even if we would have won the game! So what difference does it make?

When Maradona scored the famous “hand” goal he didnt give a $hit what people think, instead he continued and scored 10 mins later one of the greatest goals ever scored in Milky Way!

We have a job to do vs Portugal, and we shouldn’t care less what these TV pundits, who have no idea what going through with sanctions, no facility, no friendlies, no jersey sponsor etc etc looks and feels like.
                        Let them say comfortably what they say, while we make their teams uncomfortable!

CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

It´s definitely disheartening, but I agree, i have finally come to the terms to not seek the validation of foreign media on Team melli.

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                          Guys!

Why do we seek other people’s praise?
                          We shouldn’t even care what others think of us!
                          They (those who do now) will hate Iran no matter what, even if we would have won the game! So what difference does it make?

When Maradona scored the famous “hand” goal he didnt give a $hit what people think, instead he continued and scored 10 mins later one of the greatest goals ever scored in Milky Way!

We have a job to do vs Portugal, and we shouldn’t care less what these TV pundits, who have no idea what going through with sanctions, no facility, no friendlies, no jersey sponsor etc etc looks and feels like.
                          Let them say comfortably what they say, while we make their teams uncomfortable!

Comment

Ian Wright and Keane were disgusting how they talked about Iran and hoping Spain to win. I would love to see how the rubbish Irish team he helps manage wouldn't play against Spain, doesn't he remember the 10 men they stuck behind the ball in the last Euros. Thankfully Slaven Billic was there to talk sense and also on the BBC radio Chris Sutton had nothing but praise , most article and I have read have said how lucky Spain were.

Comment

Working...
                            X