X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came to find match pictures, why no thread with this? ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryan Giggs with good pre- and post-match commentary on the Iran v Morocco game. He also shared a memory with Quieroz back when they were in Man U, and spoke very highly of his credentials.

Finally some good, positive, accolades for Iran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cjEzGriQw

Nooshe joon, aziza

Comment

As of now, based on Fivethirtyeight's Soccer Power Index, Iran has a 34% chance of getting out of the group.

Link: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...p-predictions/

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
          I understand that Shojaei had some missed passes but his role in this game seem to be to a defensive one, closer to the defensive line rather than the offensive one. In terms of distance covered and running he was right up there, especially off the ball. In the 69 mins that he was in he covered 7.2km off which almost 5.5km was off the ball. Shojaei averages just over 104meters per minute in the game. If you compare him with Ebrahimi, in fact, Shojaei ran more as ebrahimi covered 8.4 km in 82 mins, averaging 102meters per minute. The highest performing player, as per stats, was Amiri and he covered 10.4km in 98mins, averaging 106meters per minute. Checked the Iran player stats in the following link.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upl...chluxpzl1ymczj
          ebrahimi is a DM protecting the defence so it's very obvious that he ran less

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
            lol forgot about this. Strangest throw in ever.
            https://www.instagram.com/p/BkDbapWgd6X/?explore=true
            Nothing wrong with that throw in. both feet on the ground and the ball is thrown in over his head. All legit. It does not look graceful but who cares. they worked out a quick plan. A cross always gives you more powerful headers than weak throw ins.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              There is no doubt that this was a great game, and a great win. Something unforgettable!
              You realize how well and organized Iran played when you watch the game three times like me!! The players did everything spot on, as the coach had asked them to do. the genius and experience of CQ also prevailed and was really the difference between the two teams.
              The only comment I want to make is about Massoud Shojaee and his mental and physical fitness for this world cup. From his comments in the pre-game conference about our senior players having stress, to his performance in the game and more importantly how he conduced himself as the captain of the team, was just not something so desirable. It appeared that the only player that was really under stress was himself. He made so many mistakes, committed fouls and fouls, gave the ball on three occasions to the Moroccans and at least one almost caused us real grief. When he was talking to teammates, the stress was so obvious in his face, had a argument with Rezaian over a throw in, and almost got into something with a Moroccan player and when he was subbed, he didn't look happy. I can forget about his poor performance, but I can't forget his lack of leadership on the field. I hope I don't see him start against Spain and Portugal. He is a deficit.
              If morocco players scored 1 goal out of one of shojaei's bad mistakes then we would be talking differently and bashing everyone..shojaei should not play again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                It was a good game and well played by defense but its sad that ARJ, Azmoun etc.. can't attack for shit in TM games
                agreed

Comment

I remember the 90 analysis on our games vs Morocco and Algeria, where they showed how much we have to work on defending 1v1 situations, duels, aerial duels etc.. Yet vs Morocco we were dominating these aspects of the game. Shows that the team worked really hard on these aspects.

Comment

I can't get enough of watching this lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkD6p3cHNzs/

Comment

Wow......what an amazing article by the Swedish sports journalist, Erik Niva. It gives you more nationalistic feelings than Iranian articles themselves!!!

Here is a google translate:

Niva: It was their turn now

Oxie's Saman Ghoddos hit the free kick, kissed the ball and left it over.

A kick and a nick later, Iran had won a World Cup for the first time in 20 years.

For so long they have had so much against themselves.

It was their turn to be lucky now.

Smash and grab.

The most difficult, toughest and most sargade type of victory.

Four years ago, Leo Messi and his left foot broke 80 million Iranian hearts deep in the end of the day.

Now the left foot on Ehsan Hajsafi was sitting instead, and now the stop time to Iran spoke. Now it's singing in all these oppressed, tried out hearts in both Tehran and in the fragile diaspora all over the world.

We can take their Nike shoes, we can cancel their training matches and we can sanction a large part of their finances - but no bastards will think they can come here and score on them.

The Iranians came, the Iranians blew in their vuvuzelas and the Iranians survived.

The Iranians came, the Iranians blew in their vuvuzelas and the Iranians survived.

In the first half, it certainly did not take for granted. After 20 years of drought, Morocco was allowed to play World Cup football again - and they flew forward swirled.

They did what the Iranians do
                      Three half chances in the first ten minutes. An enormous squadron position after 20 minutes. So far, Iran did not have the ball more than 13 percent of the playing time.

Amrabat and Hakimi went as goodbye at the edges, while Ziyech, Harit and Belhanda were allowed to play on their own terms and use their amazing nice football feet.

But this Iranian team did what the Iranian team does.

They were hanging in there. They threw themselves and blocked shots, they threw themselves into tackles and invited a few long throw-ins when they had an extra quarter of a minute.

They survived.

Carlos Quieroz has not made them the world's most distinctive team, but he has made them one of the more difficult teams to beat. Four years ago, they first neglected Nigeria, and then closed down Messi, Agüero and Higuaín in 90 minutes. Since then, they have released 5 goals in 18 World Cup qualifiers.

The second half disappeared
                      Once they got a little foothold in the match, they never let go of control again.

Persistent warrior Omid Ebrahimi compensated for Captain Masoud Shoaeji not being at his best, and stubbornly and patiently, the white-collar killed the Moroccan assault rush.

The second half just disappeared away.

Uneven Hakim Ziyech had a nice half-volley, but Alireza Beiranvand - who slept on the street as late as ten years ago, waiting for his chance in the football - drove down to the post and saved.

And then something happened, which in a little Swedish-friendly interpretation of the game actually affected it all the way to the decision.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh was substituted with, Saman Ghoddos from Oxie came in.

Shy, he was not. The first thing he did was to thunder into Medhi Benatia before hijacking Karim El Ahmadi.

Ruled to one's last free kick
                      But both in between and afterwards he played football as well, offensive and forward-looking football of exactly the type that Iran needs to turn into a strong cross to mythologized victories.

In the past, Saman Ghoddos used to run undetected gritty rounds in Oxie with a lead vest around his waist. Now the world watched as he jumped in Saint Petersburg, made a final rush along the left side and reached a final free kick.

Then he kissed his best friend - and saw how the ball answered the kiss.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                          After my son's birth, this win along with the win against USA are the greatest days of my life. I have lots of Moroccan friends so this victory was even more special for me! I yelled, I jumped, I cried...it was amazing!
                          At this moment I don't care about the techniqual stuff. I'm just happy that we won. Merci bacheha wa CQ!
                          Amin jan, I'm in the exact same situation. I don't have time to post anymore, I just follow all news and watch all games bc all my focus and energy is on my family and son. But I share all your sentiments but would like to add in our win over Australia '97. I want to thank PFDC and it's members for posting for us others to read up and enjoy.
                          Thank you TM, King Queiroz and all you fans.

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                            It was a good game and well played by defense but its sad that ARJ, Azmoun etc.. can't attack for shit in TM games
                            They were both playing the best they can within our system of play & the strict tactical instructions handed to them by Carlito..!
                            Still they coulda presented a more venomous Counter Attacks if Masoud wasn’t so damn sluggish & indecisive in our transitional play & could actually connect with more than @ least 60% of his forward passing ..!
                            You saw the one damn time that Amiri sparked a Swift counter which actually gave us a bit of numerical advantage on attack & reasonable opening on the opponent’s goal, only a brilliant & fortitude double save stopped them from sticking the ball in the back of the net...!
                            Besides both players were assigned tough Defensive duties by CQ which further limited & stymied their attacking potential..! With Rezaeian defending more the inside, ARJ was the main man marking their RWiinger & Sardar was pinned deep often in our box defending set-pieces & corners...!
                            All that aside, I agree that Sardar needs to pick up the intensity a bit on his defensive duties & become more commanding & selfish going forward.

Comment

I just rewatched the first half of the match and I have to say, Shojaei really threw way too many balls away!!! also many occasions where he makes mistakes in situations where he is not under pressure. I really hope Ashkan will be in form to play the next match in stead of Shojaei.

It is pity someone like Gholizadeh is so inexperienced right now cause I think he also could have done a better job. But moving to Europe this season, he will get the necessary exposure and experience.
                              sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                              >-----------------<
                              Marg bar dictator
                              >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                                I just rewatched the first half of the match and I have to say, Shojaei really threw way too many balls away!!! also many occasions where he makes mistakes in situations where he is not under pressure. I really hope Ashkan will be in form to play the next match in stead of Shojaei.

It is pity someone like Gholizadeh is so inexperienced right now cause I think he also could have done a better job. But moving to Europe this season, he will get the necessary exposure and experience.
                                I have said for nearly 2 years if we take him to WC and heaven forbid AC he will be a liability. He thinks the game differently and far more slowly than the current game...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X