No announcement yet.

Iran Vs. Lithuania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we can't watch this because it's behind closed doors right?

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
      So we can't watch this because it's behind closed doors right?
      That's the general understanding. CQ is keeping his cards close to his chest and it is very likely that the line-up will be very close to (if not the same as) the starting eleven against Morocco. In 2014, they allowed clips of Hajisafi's goal against Trinidad and Tobago and if my memory serves me right I believe it was 2-0 for Iran and I don't remember who scored the other goal. There is hope that there will be video clips (probably far less than ideal quality and camera angle) of the goals assuming there will be goals.

Comment

Actually Lithuania is a great friendly if you ask me. Its gonna be a chill/warm up game for our team. CQ can test out his defense with Lithuania . There is less risk of injury since players would take it easy .

Lithuania played similar style to Iran against england in WCQ . I remember watching them on tv against england and they nearly scored against england. They gave them a good run . England was lucky it didn't end up a draw.

I personally think its gonna be great friendly for our team to build up their confidence and test out our defense .

Comment

The friendly vs Lithuania is to prepare for Morocco. That was the purpose of the friendlies vs Tunisia, Algeria, and Uzbekistan as well.

Comment

And how were you going to get Argentina behind closed doors, u can’t hide Messi

Comment

Maybe this is interesting to know

Argentina will play San Marino or Malta if Israel game is canceled, they can possibly play any team in the world but according to news these teams were named...... maybe people understand the lithuania game better

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                The friendly vs Lithuania is to prepare for Morocco. That was the purpose of the friendlies vs Tunisia, Algeria, and Uzbekistan as well.
                Quite right!

Argentina would have served no purpose at this stage close to our group games, except for demoralizing the team being boxed into a corner by Messi & Co.

Israel on the other hand would have been a better "friendly"...(behind closed doors )
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
                  You dont seem to understand.....this is a morale boosting friendly. It used to gain confidence.
                  If we play argentina and get beaten badly our boys will go into the wc feeling deflated.
                  And? We can play better teams than Lithuania like Venezuela. We don't always have to aim for low tier...

Comment

Originally posted by suissi View Post
                    we dont have better choices, why can you guys understand that...
                    LOL Why can't you understand we do have better choices?

Comment

Lithuania will be a good friendly.
                      Instead of being happy we have a friendly, that is not cancelled, now we are complaining why we don"t play Argentina. When are we gonna stop complaining? lol
                      Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 06-07-2018, 07:59 PM.

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                        We should have also capitalized on Argentina Isreal cancellation .. Argentina is desperate for a substitute.
                        It would have required $1.5 million. Never in our dream would IFF spend that kind of money on football.

Originally posted by hasan View Post
                        You dont seem to understand.....this is a morale boosting friendly. It used to gain confidence.
                        If we play argentina and get beaten badly our boys will go into the wc feeling deflated.
                        Not only the morale boost, but also 7 days prior to our crucial WC match we can not afford getting injuries. Playing against world powerhouse may cost a few injuries. Common sense Kheyli chize khoobiye ke many people don’t possess that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

OK now everyone back to topic please!
                            Just one week to go to WC...!

Comment

However we feel about playing Argentina being good or bad as a friendly, even if money was no issue, with our Morocco game next Friday and Lithuania today, just which day any one of us suggest we play Argentina?

So much as similar to all of you I too love to watch this game, I’m behind CQ on the “Closed door aspect”. No doubt our opponents wil try to spy on the game anyway, but CQ will have a strategy to deal with that too (ie Gholi-Zadeh playing on the left and Arian (his interpreter) playing as creative midfielder!!). None of us including the 3 other managers in the Group know exactly which Iran 11 will show up next Friday and with a high degree of certainty which tactics will be adopted by CQ?

CQ is such a 🦊. Brilliant!
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

One out come that could really help us on tomorrow's game would be for Lithuania to score one or two goals against us first, and then for us to came back from behind and beat them 2-1 or 3-2 so that we can hopefully learn the psychology of coming back from behind and winning games which we haven't had under Queiroz.

Comment

Working...
                                X