No announcement yet.

CQ : Iranian football is 50-60 years behind Spain & Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sure he went on to say, "...Iranians make up for this 60 year deficit with tons of talent, grit and courage.... "

Comment

Iranian football is not synonymous with Team Melli.

Comment

Like PGF would say... WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS.

Comment

Something doesn't add up!

*CQ has done a tremendous lot for Iranian Football!
          *CQ has been our coach for 7 years now!!
          *After SEVEN YEARS and tremendous improvements, Iranian football is lacking behind 60 years to other international players!!!

This would mean our football 8 years ago was lacking behind like 120 years or something. Basically meaning we were playing some combination of rugby and football at the time instead of football.

Even more funny is that Iran's best WC performance was achieved 20 years ago, without the aid of QC.

One could only conclude that either:
          1- QC didn't do a tremendous lot for Iranian football in this seven years
          or 2- Saying Iran's football is 60 years behid international football is a little bit exaggerated.

I'm leaning more towards the second

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            He said that in an interview with France press !!!!
            With all the respect in the world I have for CQ , but was that really nessecary to say ???
            I mean , is our TM really and truly 60 years behind Spain ????
            I am really not comfortable with his statement and characterization of our TM.
            What do you all think ??
            Source:Farsnews.com
            How many years would you say it would take for our league to be at the same level as Spain, youngsters to start professionally with the right equipment and facilities, people from other nations to be interested in watching Iran NT and club games, foreign super stars coming to or starting for the iranian league, and for Iran NT to be at the same level as Spain / Portugal, once in a while being favourites to win the world cup, etc..? last time we won the Asian Cup was 42 years ago for god's sakes lol
            I think 50-60 years would be an optimistic way of looking at it, though we do count on our gheirat and who knows, hopefully we can even win against the likes of spain and portugal in isolated events such as the world cup.

As much as I hope and do think positively that we will make headlines by making it past the group stage, I would say that it would be isolated to this one event if it happens and that 9/10 times, Spain and Portugal would make it.

Comment

You can call it mindgames, I don’t care. CQ needs to be more respectful to a nation that pays him million euro’s a year while the average Iranian is almost living below poverty line.

He still has to justify it by giving us one good World Cup performance (Round of 16) or win the Asian Cup.

In 7 years he has still not done that. So he is really rude and should focus more on the team instead of spewing this BS.

Comment

50 years behind is too much, 46 years is more accurate!
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

The money he got for doing all that he has done for our football isn't enough. He has all the right to say that.. and you know what? He's talking about facts, straight up facts and for the ones who are too blind to see that and deny this I can say: what did you smoke all these years to not see the effects of bad management, lies, parti bazi, haven't you seen what they tried with PEC? waking up to this reality that Carlos queiroz has slapped us with for the past 7 years must have been bitter for the ones denying the truth, not only our football is so much behind.. Just look at how the country is being managed.. it looks like it's 700 years is behind.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                    The money he got for doing all that he has done for our football isn't enough. He has all the right to say that.. and you know what? He's talking about facts, straight up facts and for the ones who are too blind to see that and deny this I can say: what did you smoke all these years to not see the effects of bad management, lies, parti bazi, haven't you seen what they tried with PEC? waking up to this reality that Carlos queiroz has slapped us with for the past 7 years must have been butter for the ones denying the truth.
                    I guess what CQ said that we are “on par with” Uzbekistan, China and Qatar is really true since we topped the group with those teams in it. His comments are ridiculous and rubbing us fans in the wrong way.

Comment

Looooool he did the same with argentina, they really believed him both their fans and players, watch the game again look at their scared faces holding their heads with both hands every time we did a one on one with their goalie

The worst that can happen to a team is to undermine the opponent, then they will play with less motivation and will never find themselves again in the field once they see your strength

Looks like he has a special plan for both Spain and Portugal

Don’t be offended guys, he knows what he is doing, CQ is the smartest fox in the world of football
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        I guess what CQ said that we are “on par with” Uzbekistan, China and Qatar is really true since we topped the group with those teams in it. His comments are ridiculous and rubbing us fans in the wrong way.
                        If we compete with them and beat them and give argentina a kick ass match in world cup 2014 it's only because of the players and coaching staff.. and not the federation or anyone else outside of team melli

Comment

Originally posted by val View Post
                          Looooool he did the same with argentina, they really believed him both their fans and players, watch the game again look at their scared faces holding their heads with both hands every time we did a one on one with their goalie

The worst that can happen to a team is to undermine the opponent, then they will play with less motivation and will never find themselves again in the field once they see your strength

Looks like he has a special plan for both Spain and Portugal

Don’t be offended guys, he knows what he is doing, CQ is the smartest fox in the world of football
                          I think he's taking the job because they pay him so well, he's actually one of the best paid coaches of the World Cup. Very few federations give the coach the opportunity to manage the team but at the same time live outside the country. I expect at least one win against Morocco this World Cup, otherwise Queiroz has just failed to put it simply. I don't think this is a high expectation but rather a must after 7 years of managing TM.

Comment

I also believe that CQ has exaggerated the degree of our football’s inferiority
                            I don’t think that we are 60 years behind Spain and Portugal
                            I also strongly believe that after 7 years with our TM , CQ needs to perform better in this WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              I think he's taking the job because they pay him so well, he's actually one of the best paid coaches of the World Cup. Very few federations give the coach the opportunity to manage the team but at the same time live outside the country. I expect at least one win against Morocco this World Cup, otherwise Queiroz has just failed to put it simply. I don't think this is a high expectation but rather a must after 7 years of managing TM.
                              I don't think its the results as much as it is how Team Melli plays as a whole.. Let's not forget we're in the group of death. Our group in 2014 is peanuts compared to this group...

Argentina IMO is worse than both Spain and Portugal, and Morocco is better than Nigeria and Bosnia.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I don't think its the results as much as it is how Team Melli plays as a whole.. Let's not forget we're in the group of death. Our group in 2014 is peanuts compared to this group...

Argentina IMO is worse than both Spain and Portugal, and Morocco is better than Nigeria and Bosnia.
                                I agree with you but Morocco is definitely not stronger than Nigeria. Nigeria were the African Nations Cup champions last time around and always do well in tournaments. Morocco didn't win anything in all these years and qualified to the World Cup after 15+ years. So IMO there is no excuse to not get the win against Morocco. We are more experienced and should get the job done. The other two teams are another story.

Comment

Working...
                                X