CQ : Iranian football is 50-60 years behind Spain & Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ : Iranian football is 50-60 years behind Spain & Portugal

He said that in an interview with France press !!!!

With all the respect in the world I have for CQ , but was that really nessecary to say ???

I mean , is our TM really and truly 60 years behind Spain ????

I am really not comfortable with his statement and characterization of our TM.

What do you all think ??

Source:Farsnews.com

Its called psychological warfare. Don't forget, we are the underdogs.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

because it is the reality.....look at our infrastructure and compare with Japan, Korea or even Qatar.
      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Absolutely Iranian football is 50 to 60 years behind Spanish and Portuguese football! It's not a characterization of Teammelli when he speaks about Iranian football he is speaking of our joke of a league and footballing infrastructure. Our league is barely professional with nearly all teams government owned.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post

With all the respect in the world I have for CQ , but was that really nessecary to say ???

What do you all think ??

I am glad he said this. We need to go all out and fight tooth and nail for everything. He is already creating that psychological groundwork.

Beautiful.

Comment

What do you all think ??

Don't read between the lines too much. He means our football as a whole. Not enough of our players are playing against high level opposition. We struggle to set up friendlies. The standard of the league is very poor and has only been getting better since Queiroz has been in charge of the national team. What he means is that the way football is run and organised in Spain and Portugal is years ahead of Iran. If he didn't think we were good, would he be here for 7 years?... All I'm saying is don't get easily butt hurt because of a strong statement. There is some truth to it and we need to be honest and realistic that we have issues.

Comment

We are totally behind!!
              Look at the league our very comparable neighbor (turkey) has !!

I’m not a fan of their league for our players but it’s solid and has several teams that compete and get respectable results in UEFA.

It’s easy to see how big the gap is.

The league is weak from every angle:
              Poor youth programs
              Poor teams which can’t pay salaries or bring in quality foreign players( not from 3rd division of Brazil)
              Recycling of shitty coaches
              No professional advertising rights or common HD broadcasting.

Piss poor stadiums for many shahrestani teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

ITS TRUTH ISNT IT??
                we only have accomplishments in our history because of NATURAL TALENTS.. nothing to do with the system
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

So if I understand you all correctly, and I do know the shortfalls of our football also ,

The state of our football right now is equivalent to that of Spain and Portugal of 1958 ?????

Wow 😮 even I am shocked at that statistic ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Comment

So if I understand you all correctly, and I do know the shortfalls of our football also ,

The state of our football right now is equivalent to that of Spain and Portugal of 1958 ?????

Wow 😮 even I am shocked at that statistic ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
                    Well in a manner of speaking yes.

Lots of the changes could bump us up 40 yrs in a short span though such as privatization of clubs,real youth programs, improved relations with other countries(friendlies), money allocation for proper stadia and infrastructure.

I'll leave you to figure out who is at fault for this

Comment

it is the truth. it hurts! we do not have 1 single good field for our TM?!? look at our league. it is a joke. sure we have teams doing well in asia etc but do not let that NOISE cover all the flaws in the league.

week after week we see in 90 all the controversy about players payoff, coaching, refe, and something as simple as selling tickets!!

we are still functioning "dar hadeh mahalat"
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

we still using azadi for gods sake
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          I am glad he said this. We need to go all out and fight tooth and nail for everything. He is already creating that psychological groundwork.

Beautiful.
                          Me too!

Our fans get but hurt when we get negative feedback and instead of trying to understand the realities and issue at hand we get all defensive.

Defensive behavior over negative feedback is one of the most detrimental mentalities one can take not just in football but in all aspects of life really. I applaud CQ on this statment
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The only Silver Lining about our football is CQ.

love him or hate him, he has done so much, in 10-20 years when we look back, he will be the Raykof of our type.

It is only under him that we have sense of security, game plan and training. I do not remember any other coach we had that gave us so much help. we can watch a game and more or less we will know how we are doing. Before, every game was a do or die!!

I really hope, he stays with us until AC 2019. or even til next world cup!!

I will bit you if he stays another 4 years, he will turn over so many talents for us that we will be secured for many years to come on and off the pitch.

he will cut the "dalal" out of the pictures for a good while and will put them out of business.
                            IRI = FAILED

Comment

we are behind but Spain and Portugal also not playing great like in EURO 2016 as we saw! We have a chance that we can beat them by players like Sardar Azmoun, Alireza is the most dangrous players

Comment

Working...
                              X