Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we keep CQ if we end up with 0 or 1 point in next WC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we fail to sign a new contract with CQ, I think we should start negotiating with shefer. I am very impressed by Esteghalal's way 2 play. they play way better football than perspolis. and im a perspolis fan.
    TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

No we shouldn't. If we don't win against Morocco it is frankly not good enough after being in charge for 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        No we shouldn't. If we don't win against Morocco it is frankly not good enough after being in charge for 7 years.
        I agree. After 7 years you’d expect at least a win against an inexperienced Morocco side. Nothing more, nothing less. This is not much we’re asking for from a million dollar coach

Comment

Of course we should keep him, not doubt about it.

Comment

For choosing a coach for a country like Iran with limited money invested in their sports, it's not about getting a good result in the WC but just to qualify to the WC.

For that reason, CQ should be kept as long as it's possible. Even to the WC2022!

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
              Hadi

Really bro we are not even better than Morroco ?????

Yes I think we are and should beat them.
              yes bro they are better than us but that doesn't mean we cant beat them.

Comment

Although getting 0 points at the world cup would not be considered a good performance by the team nor Cq we should keep him at least until the end of the Asian cup in 2019. There however we have every right to ask for a minimum finals appearance against Asian opposition and if he cannot deliver that we should definitely not offer him another contract. He gets paid way too much to deliver just the expected he needs to deliver more than our capacity.

Comment

We need at least 3 points. Simple logic.... We have fantastic players like Azmoun and Taremi,who can score against any team. If he sends a mihani coach or his assistant they can come back with 0 points as well. If we cannot beat an African team then we don't even need to be in the world cup. qualification was great and that was mostly because of the talent that we have. He has done great but we also need to look at Schafer to see what he did in a short time. Schafer's achievement shows what kind of talent we have and his success in AFC really is the proof of what kind of expectation we can have from a coach.

our past results against Angola and Nigeria should be remembered.
                  So 3 points is minimum. The last time we performed great against argentina and lost in the last moments with Messi dribbling the tired Gucci and taking a shot. We did not have Aghili and khalatbari on the bench who could have helped the tired legs of others in the next game.

3 minimum ok, 1 maybe and 0 absolutely not.

Comment

Nothing against CQ, but we need a new young coach. Not saying Nouri or anything, but someone young. I think having a breath of freshair will be beneficial. When a new coach comes, players will do more than they do now, especially if now they have starting positions, so that they can impress the coach. In my opinion, new is good.

Comment

I honestly think it's the other way around.
                      Does CQ want to continue to work in such a k!r! environment and its k!r! people in charge.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Saudis have to face Egypt and we think they have it easy. Is Egypt weaker than Morocco? or the grass is greener on the other side of the fence?

Comment

One thing for sure CQ did not do is keeping an eye on the Omid team. If I were him, I would spent 10% of my time with Omid team and would reject afazel and mansoorian and even the other guy.... as Omid coach. We had great talent and we did not go to Olympic, because of rookie coaches

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                            Saudis have to face Egypt and we think they have it easy. Is Egypt weaker than Morocco? or the grass is greener on the other side of the fence?
                            I would have loved Iran to play Egypt in a friendly. But impossible because of their political relationships - as usual politics ruins it all and lack of IR diplomacy ruins it all.

Comment

I would ofcourse keep him. Its not CQ's fault we somehow got drawn with Spain/Portugal. If we replace him, who else would have the knowledge of Iranian football like CQ does.

Comment

If CQ doesnt get at least 1 win, then we are better off saving all that money and get some one else that can possibly make changes in the team.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Working...
                                X