Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have the worst preparations for the World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i made this thread months ago and i was attacked by many members here.

now that our reparations have come to an end, it is a fact that we are the east prepared tea of all.

even CQ is extremely frustrated and angry and said the difficulties in arranging friendlies have to do with Sanctions on Iran and political problems

Comment

2013: 1 friendly (Oman!)
      2014: 5 friendlies

2017: 6 friendlies
      2018: 6 friendlies

I think we did better than last time around...still far from optimal, but many seem to forget too quickly. Quality of opposition has also increased...

Comment

sorry but no friendlies count except the ones some weeks before WC , for me we had 1 friendly and thats turkey.

look at others , i dont care anymore because irans NT is about good or bad luck, not about coming prepared.

Comment

It could be better even Sweden did not play us as tthey had promised. We have had a better preparing than WC 2006 we play then only to amateurs of Switserland.

We could invite more gooe teams to Tehran to play us. Like Germany team come to Tehran before 2006

Iran has filed a complaint with FIFA because Greece said the game at the last minute off. Today Iran would have play Greece in Istanbul. I read in German news also that Iran find Kosovo replacement for Greece game but they also called off. Now the only game will remain against Lithuania on 8 june in Russia final before the start the WC2018.

Comment

Germany's friendly against Austria has been moved for 30 minutes several times now due to heavy rain and it seems it will be canceled. I wonder if their fans will also think they are doomed now...[emoji848]

Cancellations happen. We had many good l friendlies and camps since qualification. Greece cancellation is sad, but not the end of the world...

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              this pretty much sums up my overall opinion on the matter..!!
              simply not good enough Tests runs to adequately familiarize our players for the level of the challenge awaiting them at WC..!!
              like Roozbeh mentioned below, once again were back @ hoping and preying for Gheyrat o Resolve to miraculously advance us from that group...!!
              now if IFF fails to provide Carlos with his desired 40 day strength & stamina building boot camp, then there is a good chance that not only fail to advance from the groups, but very likely embarrass ourselves in the process @ russia..!!
              i stand by what i said before..!

Comment

Inarsenwetrust
                You said perfectly as I have also said it many times.
                Our camp in Russia is one of the best and top notch camps in that entire nation that was reserved for Italy
                And cost IFF $2 million dollars.
                So for those clueless people who don’t know anything about Iranian TMs of the past,
                Our preparation started a year ago and is the best we have ever had in the last 40 years.
                I just hope we can catch a break and some good luck this time around because our group is also harder than 4 years ago.

Comment

I hear what people say about lack of or adequacy of our preparation but if you look at it from the prospects of the new arrivals such as Chesmi and Gholly-Zadeh, they have not had enough playing time to gel with TM.

Personally I think we are a couple of friendlies away so the cancellation are not going to help the new arrivals in Particular. My other reason is purely selfish, I want to see TM play, friendly or World Cup matches.

Having said all that a lack of friendlies can work in our favour as the opposition would find it difficult to assess and research us, so in the run up to Russia we become a bit of an unknown quantity to them!!
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Given political situation and sanctions, it has NOT been bad.

Playing other countries require lots of money and time which we do not have money for our sports.

Overall, time is near, I am HAPPY that Iran will play two best teams in the world for free. This is a good experience for our players.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

this time our preperation wasnt that bad, we got some good friendlies, russia, turkey, venuzula, panama,algeria, tunasia( we got some decent friendlies) yess greece was disaster but compare to 2014 this is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                        2013: 1 friendly (Oman!)
                        2014: 5 friendlies

2017: 6 friendlies
                        2018: 6 friendlies

I think we did better than last time around...still far from optimal, but many seem to forget too quickly. Quality of opposition has also increased...
                        i agree and we got good friendlies, we had some dencent friendlies,2013,2014 was disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
                          Qatar, China, and Japan just got confirmed as guest nations in Copa America 2019... [emoji196]☕️
                          is all political and money, china tell them we will sponsper the whole competition invite us, is the same for qatar. only japan is half decent, they wont invite iran cause of all the political and economical sanctions which is stupid. that why AFC is corrupt to the core.

Comment

For the resources, our friendlies were very acceptable. Hopefully people can realize that and stop spreading negative, anti IFF, anti CQ, anti TM sentiment that its not good enough and we suck and were gonna get blown out in WC. Even CQ himself noted that the preparation was acceptable given the realities, so I think thus we as fans must also accept it, if they guy who has been pushing for special preparation plans since the very beginning agrees that it is decent.

Comment

Iran is lucky not to have been kicked out of the WC by FIFA with heavy behind the scenes lobbying from Israel and the Saudis. Id take 6 friendlies any day of the week! Humbled to be even playing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                                Iran is lucky not to have been kicked out of the WC by FIFA with heavy behind the scenes lobbying from Israel and the Saudis. Id take 6 friendlies any day of the week! Humbled to be even playing!!
                                Most definitely. I mean, National Geographic is owned by a Saudi subsidiary and gets heavy funding from the Saudi government, and guess who prints the World Atlas? National Geographic does, guess what they print as Persian Gulf? Saudi oil money touches everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X