Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys. Chill Japan is not as hard as we make them out to be. We play our usual tilitaka long ball steal the base game we win! No freakin ref can do squat ! Just sit back relax and strap on your dealt belt !

Comment

I'm predicting a very high scoreline vs Japan. The only thing they have in common with the Japan we know is the name. Their complete "overhaul" after the WC has been nothing short of disastrous and they have no business even being in the semi-finals. They're gonna sit back deep and defend and give us the ball and hope for counters but they don't have enough quality to execute this plan so they're gonna get thrashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
        I'm predicting a very high scoreline vs Japan. The only thing they have in common with the Japan we know is the name. Their complete "overhaul" after the WC has been nothing short of disastrous and they have no business even being in the semi-finals. They're gonna sit back deep and defend and give us the ball and hope for counters but they don't have enough quality to execute this plan so they're gonna get thrashed.
        They do though. They've turned on for 5 min at a time and equalized then gone on to win games.

Comment

the cockiness on display here is astounding and shows our flaws as a fanbase.

we should show japan some respect. they're not comparable to any time we've played so far and have been the best side in asia for 20 years.

i think we're in for a rude awakening if we're expecting a walk in the park.

Comment

4-0 iran

Comment

4-0 !!!!!
              Really !!!!????
              Whatever bro !!!! Not gona happen.

I say 2-0 Iran 🇮🇷

Comment

Lol we are not thrashing Japan. It's gonna be a tough game. They have two 6'3 solid CBs, with one of them being a Majid Hosseini-type revelation at only 20 years old and playing in Europe. Probably the best defense we have played against so far. I think we have enough to control the midfield over them and I see us winning a hard-fought match 1-0 in the end, maybe 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                  the cockiness on display here is astounding and shows our flaws as a fanbase.
                  we should show japan some respect. they're not comparable to any time we've played so far and have been the best side in asia for 20 years.
                  i think we're in for a rude awakening if we're expecting a walk in the park.
                  Exactly. Unfortunately a young fanbase that acts emotionally. But older members have such experiences.

Same things were said after we beat South Korea 4-3, then lost to China in the semis in 2004. That team had Karimi, Mahdavikia, Daei, Nekonaum, Rezaei .... we felt like no one could defeat us, much less a weaker team like China. But a really terrible referee did us in.

Comment

^ Japan have to be (and are) the favorites simply based on the fact that they have been the most prolific team in Asia since 1998. They have the talent and experience to beat any team on their day. Let's also not forget their performance against Belgium just 7 months ago. Sure, that was a different team but they have so many capable players, they can bring in new faces and still produce the same results.

I hope we can get a 1-0 win in regulation time but wouldn't be surprised if the game goes to extra time at 0-0 or 1-1. I also think Japan will play similar to the way they played against Saudi; sit back, let us have the ball, and try to score on the counter or from set pieces. If that happens, we are in for a tough match because we typically don't do well playing that way against top grade opposition. Unlocking Vietnam's defense is one thing but Japan is on a different planet.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                      ^ Japan have to be (and are) the favorites simply based on the fact that they have been the most prolific team in Asia since 1998. They have the talent and experience to beat any team on their day. Let's also not forget their performance against Belgium just 7 months ago. Sure, that was a different team but they have so many capable players, they can bring in new faces and still produce the same results.

I hope we can get a 1-0 win in regulation time but wouldn't be surprised if the game goes to extra time at 0-0 or 1-1. I also think Japan will play similar to the way they played against Saudi; sit back, let us have the ball, and try to score on the counter or from set pieces. If that happens, we are in for a tough match because we typically don't do well playing that way against top grade opposition. Unlocking Vietnam's defense is one thing but Japan is on a different planet.
                      well japan is good but thier team is very young. we are flying and if we focus, and azmoun hit good form we can win. i think 2-0 cause we are fast on counter also.

Comment

Just looking at their squad and likely starting linuep (with 11 European based players!), they are certainly not inferior in quality to us. This will be extremely tough...50:50 I'd say.

Comment

They have a stronger squad but we are more tactically organized. I would exchange Rezaeian for Sakai (Marseille starter) any day. Yoshida has played more than 150 games in EPL. Nagatomo is a starter for Galatasary. Their 20-year-old CB is their Majid Hosseini but he seems more talented than Hosseini. From what I've seen so far, their midfilders are small but their back four barring Nagatomo is very strong in the air. Azmoun has to try hard.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                            They have a stronger squad but we are more tactically organized. I would exchange Rezaeian for Sakai (Marseille starter) any day. Yoshida has played more than 150 games in EPL. Nagatomo is a starter for Galatasary. Their 20-year-old CB is their Majid Hosseini but he seems more talented than Hosseini. From what I've seen so far, their midfilders are small but their back four barring Nagatomo is very strong in the air. Azmoun has to try hard.
                            I would take Ramin over Sakai. Their fullbacks are short and PAG and Azmoun Gave Yoshida trouble in the Tehran friendly. We are better in the air overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                              I would take Ramin over Sakai. Their fullbacks are short and PAG and Azmoun Gave Yoshida trouble in the Tehran friendly. We are better in the air overall.
                              You take a FB who struggled in Belgium over a FB who has been a starter for a club like Marseille? By the way, Sakai is 6 ft (184cm).

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                                You take a FB who struggled in Belgium over a FB who has been a starter for a club like Marseille? By the way, Sakai is 6 ft (184cm).
                                I couldn’t care less where they play at club level. Ramin is one of our best performing players for TEAM MELLI and On international level he is a class above any other Asian players. He always performs on both ends of the field and works his ass off for the whole 90 minutes.

So you’d rather have Son Heung Min play for Iran who scores for fun in the EPL with Tottenham over Sardar who “struggles” in the Russian league?

Comment

Working...
                                X