Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happend between Carlos Queiroz and Ali Karimi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    I just wish this had happened a bit earlier, so CQ wouldn't have an excuse for when his team gives us another sub-par performance while collecting huge sums of money and being treated like a king by the whiteboy-worshipping Iranian public.
    Most of those bashing CQ love another "Whiteboy" named Branko and are doing all this to hand him the national team.

When CQ leaves and we're back to counting goal difference just to advance to playoffs in WC qualifying, I'll be sure to remember CQ's only benefit was his race. And of course it's a good thing anti-CQ geniuses don't worship skin color. That must be why they keep calling him "Mozambiki", as if he should be ashamed of having been born in Africa. Definitely no racism or "whiteboy worship" there.

Comment

Originally posted by krol View Post
      Most of those bashing CQ love another "Whiteboy" named Branko and are doing all this to hand him the national team.

When CQ leaves and we're back to counting goal difference just to advance to playoffs in WC qualifying, I'll be sure to remember CQ's only benefit was his race. And of course it's a good thing anti-CQ geniuses don't worship skin color. That must be why they keep calling him "Mozambiki", as if he should be ashamed of having been born in Africa. Definitely no racism or "whiteboy worship" there.
      Blatant lies. Branko is good only for clubs. PP fans don't want him near NT. We have seen his managerial result in 2006. He doesn't have the charisma and discipline.

We don't support Mayeli/Asadi gang, they are just like Ahmadi Nejad gang riding over current political situation in Iran.

Comment

I watched the whole interview and everything that lead to this event and I can tell you weather you like Karimi or not, as an Iranian he is 100%!!! ON POINT! IFF is a joke of the universe currently and yes TM has had success that is mainly due to CQ and Iranian pride and talent purely. Any REAL Iranians that have lived there and see the struggles close up can relate to this issue. IFF along with anything IR governed policy is pure garbage and now they have been exposed and put on blast by this Brave man. He could have had a career in Football for a long time but they fact that he risked it all defenitely got my respect. I dont think his problem is with CQ at all but IFF ONLY! CQ just happens to be caught in cross fire and that's that.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          Branko is good only for clubs. PP fans don't want him near NT.
          Oh I know they don't That's the funny part. Most of these 14 year old red fans bashing CQ in stadiums and online think they're just being good supporters of their club and sticking up for Branko. They don't get they're being used as pawns to set the stage for Branko taking over by forcing CQ to either resign in disgrace or not extend his contract. They're dumb fanboys being manipulated like sheep.

Comment

Oh I know they don't That's the funny part. Most of these 14 year old red fans bashing CQ in stadiums and online think they're just being good supporters of their club and sticking up for Branko. They don't get they're being used as pawns to set the stage for Branko taking over by forcing CQ to either resign in disgrace or not extend his contract. They're dumb fanboys being manipulated like sheep.
            Where are your proofs?

Comment

You're very young if you think Karimi is the first to criticize IFF publicly.

Comment

I mean, personally speaking, I find the fact that he was born in Mozambique pretty cool actually, and my ideal replacement for him after the group stage exit at the world cup would be to see a Hashemian+Mahdavikia led coaching staff...

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                You're very young if you think Karimi is the first to criticize IFF publicly.
                Like this though? I know people have vaguely gone after IFF before, but Karimi is calling out everyone, and he's got receipts (figuratively and literally).
                Last edited by The; 02-14-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  I mean, personally speaking, I find the fact that he was born in Mozambique pretty cool actually, and my ideal replacement for him after the group stage exit at the world cup would be to see a Hashemian+Mahdavikia led coaching staff...
                  Like this though? I know people have vaguely gone after IFF before, but Karimi is calling out everyone, and he's got receipts (figuratively and literally).
                  From the beginning of the revolution I can think of Ghayeghran, Mayeli Kohan, Hejazi, Azizi, Daei (yes, Daei), Mahdavikia and Safaei Farahani (who was a federation head himself).
                  Karimi says he has receipts, but he doesn't have the whole story probably. Otherwise they wouldn't even let him get on TV.
                  Last edited by Nokhodi; 02-14-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Truth? You mean the "truth" that CQ is a relative of his assistant? Or the insane idea that CQ broke a "law" that limits his vacations to six weeks a year?
                    Speaking of truth, how many Karimi lovers outside Iran even know about his relationship with Hedayati, one of the biggest thieves in Iran? How many know Karimi was one of the main lobbyists for the sale of Perspolis to Hedayati?
                    Speaking of truth, how come Karimi is obsessed with CQ's assistant but doesn't seem to care that Branko brought his brother Zelatko and got him paid from the same budget that pays CQ's staff?
                    Reading the papers in Iran today, there's a concerted effort by the same sources that have always bashed CQ and propped up Branko to turn this whole thing into a CQ fiasco instead of Karimi versus IFF. A lot of this is about weakening CQ and having him essentially run out of town after the World Cup. The aim has always been to give the national team back to Branko (who is also connected to Hedayati and has openly talked about his "restaurant meetings" with him). Given Karimi's complete silence on everything that involves Branko and his brother it's obvious he's either in on it or approves of it.
                    CQ has been talking about things like this his entire stay in Iran, but the same geniuses cheering for Karimi
                    accused him of all kinds of things from racism to profiteering every time he opened his mouth. Where was Karimi when CQ was fighting the same corrupt officials to take back the national team training center? Why was he mute then? He was too busy taking millions from corrupt businessmen and bashing CQ to anyone who would give him an interview.
                    Like I said, anyone who thinks Karimi is a "truth teller" hasn't followed his hypocritical track record and doesn't know what kind of thieves he's connected to. A man who does business with Hedayati and counts him as a friend and partner doesn't know what honesty and integrity even means. Being "a legend" doesn't give anyone a pass for spending three years trying to sabotage the only good thing going in our football. Karimi, Azizi and Mayeli Kohan are nothing but selfish opportunists trying to make sure team melli fails with CQ.
                    Proofs, where are your proofs buddy! You just seems like a butt hurt SS fan. Talk is cheap, show us a tangible piece to believe you.
                    Last edited by PersianLegion; 02-16-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I know a person who always gives the same answer when "foreigners" ask him if he would go back to Iran if the regime changes: No cause the people are still the same.

Funny people we are, in every sense (and unfortunately the negative sense) of the word. We either have people who attack the person and disqualify everything about him and insult him because he is in their opinion "bisavad" or "loos" or.....and try to take the focus away from what that person is saying or doing. The the loud minority. The quiet majority as always and in every aspect of our lives are the one who sit on the sideline and shout "lengesh kon".

It is really to loose all hope and faith.

To the people defending CQ

Forgetting about the fact that Carlos is an European with vast amount of working experience and education in Europe, which means that we should evaluate his words and action accordingly.............

You all act as if CQ is doing us all a favor and coaching the team on a pro bono basis and due to his holy and naive heart and intentions. Don't fool yourself. He is being rewarded for it 10 times over or else he wouldn't be there. Just as Karimi said, not only is he being paid for it handsomely, he also gets a bonus per game, he gets a percentage of the FIFA fund for the IFF/TM for making it to the World Cup, he gets to stay out of Iran for even longer periods than in his contract, he (apparently, as Karimi indicated that he has Saket's emails asking for the guys CV and the CV that was received which showed that the guy had no license) gets to appoint unqualified people on the technical staff (guess he is really getting accustomed to Iranian way of doing things).

Is CQ a good Coach? Unfortunately, for Iran's standards yes as the banana republics around us and countries like China, Korea, Australia can get coaches that are more than just a couple of level higher than CQ.

Is CQ doing us a favor? No he is getting very well paid for it and he is managing the team of a country with 80 MM people which has a lot of potential and talent. Believe me, if he would be offered to coach any top tier European club or NT with remotely the same compensation as he is getting now, he would leave Iran faster than you can spell "ajnabi parast".

Karimi is an ex-player of our National Team. CQ is the current face of our National Team on the world stage and represents us. Should we care that a person who we are paying to be in charge and represent us sends a text to a live TV program calling a person (forget about the fact that that person may have been one of our "sport heroes") quitter and coward? NO! No matter what he shouldn't have done that and he should be held accountable for it.

Karimi didn't insult CQ during that show, if you really have watched the entire show you would know it. He only raised questions about his compensation, his absence from Iran and his appointment of unqualified people. Those are very valid questions. Whether if they were asked by an "bisavad" person or not and whether that person could articulate his questions in a calm, professional manner or not.

To the people questioning Karimi's motives and style of communication

Does it really matter?

Really? Just because someone says something in a fashion that we don't like doesn't make the statements and or questions invalid.

Just because someone is "bisavad" "bikelas" "oghdei" or whatever, doesn't mean they are not highlighting valid points. We are not here to see if Karimi is a good public speaker or that he would be eligible for becoming our President. He addresses issues that are very valid and need to be addressed.

Issues that are ignored and not dealt with by people who are "basavad" "bakelas" or........What have our "roshan fekran" done for us so far?

Is karimi corrupt? I don't know but it doesn't matter as I'm not interested in starting a business with him.

Has Karimi worked wit corrupt people? Who in Iran hasn't?

Is Karimi only addressing this issues now because he is in clinch with people he used to work with? Who F-ing cares? He is bringing this issue up and is up to us to follow through.

Every heard of whistle blowers? These are the people who were part of the organizations that they are informing on. Should we forget everything that they say or all the wrong things that the organizations are doing just because the whistle blower is saying the things he is saying because he is holding a grudge for not getting a bonus or promotion?

Your logic and behavior is one of the fundamental things that is wrong with our country and has been so for the last couple of 100 years.

To the people insulting Karimi

I really wonder why these people are not being warned by the Mods.

Karimi is a product of our country, culture, education (or lack there of), professional management and support of our athletes etc.

He had a god given talent, and in his way he made the most of it and he made millions of people happy for a long period of time. With no proper support or guidance. I think he was given more obstacle in his journey than support if he is anything like any other athlete in our country achieving glory for our country.

And now we insult him, because he says things that we don't like. Or he says things about the people we that we like. I think he deserves a little more respect than keyboard though guys' insults.

Again we are not here to judge Karimi, his upbringing, his education, his communication skills etc. We are here to see if he is raising valid points. If he is we need to incurage him and likes of him. If he is not we have to come up with valid points and evidence to show his mistakes.

Does he create hashiye? Yes he does but no more than anyone else who gets a mic in front of him in Iran (including CQ himself!!!). He only gets more mics in front of him cause he is popular.

Was it wrong timing of him? 1. F-No! It's never a wrong time to address fundamental flaws and issues. 2. If he did it after World Cup, people would say why did you do it now and not before so things would have been changed before. If he did it 2 years before/after world cup, no one would have listened and he wouldn't get any attention/momentum. This was actually the best timing to get support in his crusade (in his view).

Even if we think that Karimi is an unfit person and has the wrong intentions etc. we should use his popularity and the momentum he created, by supporting him and guiding him to address these fundamental flaws of our football.

Cause who else is doing it? His might not be the best way, but unfortunately at the moment it's the only way we have cause no one else stands up or get the attention when he does.

Make use of it instead of criticizing him while sitting at the side lines telling the guy "lengesh kon"

Comment

Hejazi was doing what Karimi pretends to do back in the 80s when you risked jail or death for this kind of thing. He left Iran and worked in Bangladesh to avoid having to abandon his principles. He didn't get in the pocket of connected billionaires like Hedayati while pretending to stand for purity and transparency.

As I've said repeatedly, Karimi only grandstands against those he has personal beef with and is very selective based on self-interest. Did you hear him stick up for Shojaei on Navad? No, because he knew they would throw his ass off immediately.

He pops off about CQ's staff but doesn't say a peep about Branko's brother or those Ukrainians he brought to Iran just to get a percentage off their contracts. The same Ukrainians that Branko personally vouched for but got sent back quietly without hardly playing a match after Branko made his money off them. Funny how such a moral crusader like Karimi keeps his mouth shut about things like this. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Branko's "restaurant meetings" with his business buddy Hedayati.

Comment

He pops off about CQ's staff but doesn't say a peep about Branko's brother or those Ukrainians he brought to Iran just to get a percentage off their contracts. The same Ukrainians that Branko personally vouched for but got sent back quietly without hardly playing a match after Branko made his money off them. Funny how such a moral crusader like Karimi keeps his mouth shut about things like this. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Branko's "restaurant meetings" with his business buddy Hedayati.
                          1 - Branko's brother has a European coaching license, something that almost all domestic coaches don't have. He has coaching experience in Croatia and was the head of the academy of his hometown club for many years. At least it's proven that he has experience. Schäfer also brought his son. Al Hilal's coach also has his son as his assistant. Don't see anything wrong with that if it's proven that they have footballing experience and are qualified. What about Sebastian? Did he meet one of the requirements?

2 - The Ukrainians were out of shape and couldn't deal with life in Iran. Do you have any proof, that Branko got a share from their deal? When did Branko vouche for the Ukrainians? Didn't you mistake him with Torkashvand? As far as I know they were not Branko's preferred signings.
                          Priyomov scored twice against Shakhtar Donetzk in this season and played as a regular for his club. They are not garbage players.

Comment

Hejazi was doing what Karimi pretends to do back in the 80s when you risked jail or death for this kind of thing. He left Iran and worked in Bangladesh to avoid having to abandon his principles. He didn't get in the pocket of connected billionaires like Hedayati while pretending to stand for purity and transparency.
                            I do respect Hejazi, because he was also a proud nationalist. He had more class and shy away from IR BS media. You are accusing Karimi of being in pocket of Hedayati. You have not provided a single proof to back up your claim of Karimi lobbying for Hedayati. I can see your color very clear now. You can not see beyond blue and red my friend. That's a big flaw right there.

Karimi brought himself down to ask Hedayati to help Iranian national team right after WC 2014 because IFF didn't get fifa money and didn't pay CQ's money and our players rewards. We had even hard time with the sport kits provider. The team was bankrupt. Hedayati made a big noise of paying 400k dollar to NT because of Karimi's request. Hedayati is well connected IR rich man who spend on football just like Dr. Tofighi and the co who spent on SS.

The money was wasted by IFF, and Karimi took off because he saw IFF stole the money. That is the only connection you can tell about Karimi and Hedayati. Karimi is rich enough to live in a mansion and being well fed. He doesn't need to beg others for some money and he is not desperate.
                            Your accusations against Karimi is obviously wrong with no proofs.

You call an honest patriot man a traitor and corrupt. Shame on you.
                            As I've said repeatedly, Karimi only grandstands against those he has personal beef with and is very selective based on self-interest. Did you hear him stick up for Shojaei on Navad? No, because he knew they would throw his ass off immediately.
                            Karimi is talking about IFF and Sazman league. Have you ever seen Karimi talk about other clubs? You are being selective and even fabricating stories. You are very good story teller for kids.
                            Where are your proofs again.

Branko bringing this and that is related to club. Have you seen Karimi talking about SS bringing this player or that. He talks about our NT, IFF and Sazman league. These are the topics that every single Iranian should be concerned about first and above all. I have got to leave now. I don't have entire day arguing with someone who has no proof but cheap talk and his own fabricated stories to attack an iconic Iranian character.
                            Last edited by PersianLegion; 02-14-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                              What about Sebastian? Did he meet one of the requirements?
                              Sebastian does not work in the league therefore he doesn't have to meet league requirements. But speaking of "requirements", Karimi himself doesn't have a coaching license yet he accepted lucrative head-coaching jobs Is this not against the rules?... How can a guy making money working as a head coach against regulations have a problem with an assistant who is not even subject to those laws??

2 - The Ukrainians were out of shape and couldn't deal with life in Iran.
                              You don't say! And whose job was it to determine their fitness for joining the team? Who vouched for those out of shape players every time he was asked about them? Don't pretend you don't remember those interviews. He was asked repeatedly about them and he always responded, "These players are my choice". Funny how two obviously out of shape players who were known to be linked to the same agent that arranged the Ukraine trip join the team after the trip, the coach repeatedly vouches for them, then they get quietly sent back after hardly playing! Almost as if the whole point was for someone to make a commission off their contract. If Branko didn't profit from it personally, he sure allowed others to do so at the expense of the team.

Comment

If our federation observed the rules, Karimi would never be allowed to manage a team without a license and would be fined or banned for doing so. Funny how the moral crusader doesn't have a problem with THIS kind of corruption Maybe no one gave him a receipt for it yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X