Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Dejagah be taken to the World Cup if he is still without a club by then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    the arguments for why he should remain in TM stay the same. His performance level is one of , if not the, most high on an every match basis. How can we throw out a player like that, not to mention there are no alternative in the CAM position besides him and Masoud. People say ghoddos, that may have been possible if we had a central midfielder who could dictate tempo and keep the ball. In saeid and Hajsafi we dont have that, and they are probably our best 2 CDM's. Therefore, we need at least one player that can keep the ball, dictate the pace of the game. Ashkan and Masoud are the only two options for that. And dejagah's speed of play and physicality, and attitude is all superior to masoud's , hence why he starts.
    I agree that he’s our best midfielder by far when he starts, but do you want a guy that can only play 45 minutes per game? Because at this rate, his fitness will at worst be at that point. If he finds a club this month, yes he should make the WC bar injury. But if he doesn’t, it may be a smarter idea to bring along someone else. I do think he should travel with the team even if he doesn’t play, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

I dont get it, he doesnt even wnat to play for a domestic club for half a year, like Esteghlal, Perspolis, Sepahan or even Paykan/Naft Tehran?

Comment

I love the guy, but we shouldn't have space for a 45min player - who does not want to play for 6 months out of pure stubbornness, it actually borders arrogance

Comment

Who says he’s a 45 min player ..!?
          From my general recollection he has featured 60 or more minutes mostly.!?? & tbh, He Freaking PLAYS & he’s in thick of the action Every Fking Single Second of those minutes too..!
          If Massoud was as involved & put in as much effort into our game as him, he’d probably pass out & die from exhustion by HT..!?? -
          AND if we’re honest with ourselves, he still looks to have more gas left in the tank still more often than not when he gets subbed out ..! (I think CQ subs him out earlier than necessary mostly to send him a message to take his club career more seriously ..!??)AND our MF Possession goes freaking bye bye along with his departure more often than not ..!

Ps
          If his fitness suffers gravely as it’s somewhat logical & expected then you can bet your ass CQ would drop his ass from the WC traveling squad cold & swiftly. I have no doubt about that part.

Comment

He will find a club - he's a professional, not an idiot.

Not only does being clubless hurt his chances of going to the World Cup, but it also means that he is without a job. He just had another child and will eventually need to earn regular income to support his family and build savings while he is still able to play pro football.

He will sign soon.
            We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post

Not only does being clubless hurt his chances of going to the World Cup, but it also means that he is without a job. He just had another child and will eventually need to earn regular income to support his family and build savings while he is still able to play pro football.

He will sign soon.
              He has earned enough money in Qatar to financially secure himself, his wife and his children for the following decades to come. I can assure you this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                He has earned enough money in Qatar to financially secure himself, his wife and his children for the following decades to come. I can assure you this.
                Agreed, he's made enough to secure his family for the next few decades, but what about after that? He's only 31 years old, with a few more years to work as a pro footballer to be able to retire for the rest of his life (let's assume he lives until 80).

My point is that he knows these next few years are probably his last as a footballer, and he'll likely want to use this time to be earning income while his body still physically allows him to.
                We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                  He will sign soon.
                  I hope you're right but we've been saying this about him for months now and the result is always he same.

Comment

This poll is ridiculous. He is clearly proven that he is arguably our best player even when he is not on a club.

Comment

45 minute, 60 minute, 70 minute whatever. All I know is that however long he is in the match, he gives 100% effort and plays his heart out. He absolutely deserves to not only be on the WC squad but also get playing time.

Comment

Until we have a player that can do what he does, he should be invited/start. We don't have a player with anywhere near his skill at his position. He is the only creative #10 to suit up for TM in over a decade.
                        "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Folks, you need to be fair. Ashkan is a player who runs his butt off the entire time he is on the pitch. Compared to most of his teammates, he hustles almost the most, fights and puts his life and mind into the game. Subsequently he will get drained after 60-70' of non stop running and playing with heart.

I just wish he'd settle with less and play in a decent/mediocre club for the next 5-6 months, so that he's be sufficiently fit and ready for the WC.

Comment

Working...
                          X