No announcement yet.

Iran Friendly (November)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m pretty content with these friendlies, though would have been funny to play US instead of Panama politics aside.

Comment

Finally a good measure for IPL vs MLS.

If Honduras beats Australia they will be in Pot 4. That means we are prepping for 40% of the teams we might play in Pot 4.

We already played Russia which is a warmup test for sides like Serbia/Croatia etc.

Togo is an introduction to African play which we did ok with in introducing new players.

This is the best WC prep so far.

Venezuela is a perfect prep for Colombia/Peru.

If we get 3/4 teams to play that are legit I'd call this a perfect world cup prep.

I dont think playing Spain will get us any more preparednto play Germany for example.

If we had friendlies like Swiss, Cameroon/Algeria, Full strength Bosnia... we would be more than ready. Best case scenario is Mexico gets the 8-0ers and we give them a call.

CQ proved he doesnt need a friendly vs Brazil to be ready for Argentina.

Look how much we learned from Russia game. Dont play Hajsafi LB anymore, PAG learned to defend weakside crosses, Taremi/Azmoun connection, Ezzatollahi exposed so he learns etc.

Comment

Panama and Venezuela are good friendlies. I am satisfied with them. It is also only November. We have several more months for more friendlies and honestly it makes a lot of sense to play back to back teams from Latin America. It will get us well acquainted with the play style of that region of the world and its highly likely that we have a Latin American team in our group at the WC.

I don't understand those of you that are complaining about this. Some of you are too salty too early.

Comment

panama is a good team and so is venezuala, i agree we could have played a stronger south american team, we will if we get them in our group if not ,we dont need to play them.

Comment

http://www.europlan-online.de/gelredome/verein/4066

stadium of Vitesse Arnheim, I think this will be the venue for the match. good stadium....next to the pitch..
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
            -

Comment

Our preparation this time is 10 times better, plus CQ is actually brilliant with his selection, he's starting his friendlies quest with weaker teams and progressively going harder, as one member said, we have another 8 months left! so lets chill and believe in CQ he's a genius and he's the ONLY manager Iran has had who qualified us TWICE and really knows what hes doing so far!!! so lets sit back and enjoy the ride.....in CQ we trust...

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                Our preparation this time is 10 times better, plus CQ is actually brilliant with his selection, he's starting his friendlies quest with weaker teams and progressively going harder, as one member said, we have another 8 months left! so lets chill and believe in CQ he's a genius and he's the ONLY manager Iran has had who qualified us TWICE and really knows what hes doing so far!!! so lets sit back and enjoy the ride.....in CQ we trust...
                that i agree, normally i believe IFF officals are incompetant, however i have to admit taj is doing a good job, we got 2 good friendlies, and now another 2 and we will have few more friendlie also in march

Comment

I also trust CQ in terms of his preparation plan but I am not sure if we're playing these team purely based on CQ's request or due to IFF's inability to secure better friendlies! Also it is worth remembering that we only have 2 FIFA days in March and the rest of friendlies will take place in the weeks leading to WC. Knowing CQ he will not want the team to face big opponents closer to the WC so the likelihood of playing big friendlies will be less in the next 8 months. At best we should hope for 1 decent friendly in March against a Tier 2 European team and the rest of friendlies will most likely be based on the teams we're drawn with

Comment

Originally posted by branco View Post
                    dissapointed with the choices! Out of Serbia, Ukraine, Venezuela and Panama we went for the weaker duo! While these are good friendlies any other day, at this very moment they are not the best to prepare us for world cup.
                    I disagree. We're playing two teams from confederations that we don't play regularly, has very few teams to select from (when compared to Europe) and may very well face a team from at the world cup.

If you think about it, after the draw, so many WC federations will be in fierce competition with each other to arrange friendlies with these two teams (Venezuela in particular). There will be plenty of 2nd and 3rd rate European teams for us to pick from in March. We just need to make sure we get those matches confirmed earlier than we've done here.

I think we stand a very good chance of getting a March friendly against whichever European side(s) draw the Saudis. At this point, I kind of hope we can avoid an African team. We could well do with Panama what Spain did at the last world cup, play a friendly against a team the November before (Chile) then draw them in our group. That would be nice.

Comment

Checked all games in Nov. and can’t find any friendly between IR and Venezuela!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      [SIZE=5][FONT=Times New Roman]ASHEGET[COLOR=blue]

Comment

Branco and Malkay

I agree with both of you however ,personally I would have preferred Serbia or Ukraine over Panama at this juncture.

We could have always arraged a friendly with Panama May of 2018 as a little confidence building game.

Comment

Originally posted by ashegetoop View Post
                          Checked all games in Nov. and can’t find any friendly between IR and Venezuela!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yesterday Venezuela football federation Confirmed the Game
                          http://www.federacionvenezolanadefut...ma-fecha-fifa/

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            Branco and Malkay

I agree with both of you however ,personally I would have preferred Serbia or Ukraine over Panama at this juncture.

We could have always arraged a friendly with Panama May of 2018 as a little confidence building game.
                            panama is good, they will bring thier A team and also we can use the friendly if we get Mexico.

Comment

The game vs Panama has been cancelled and replaced with somali pirates FC

The game vs Venezuela has been cancelled and replaced with an interesting match vs Orlando laborers Union of North America Local 475
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

persiangodfather

Grow up dude, we are having some reall and serious discussions here
                                Stop your sarcastic garbage for once , enough is enough 😠😠😠😠😠

Comment

Working...
                                X