No announcement yet.

Iran vs Russia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest problem TM has is lack of a true playmaker in the middle of the pitch. Someone who has great technique, vision and passing skills to get our forwards going and put them in scoring situations on a consistent basis . We do have very good forwards right now but we just can't feed them . When was the last time we had a great pass by a midfielder to a forward for an easy score?
    Players like Ezarollahi ( I can see now why he's not getting playing time at his club) or Ebrahimi are not going to get the job done for us. I'm no coaching genius but in my opinion CQ needs to find a way to have both dejagah and ghodoos on the pitch to create more variety in our attack.....or between now and World Cup find that player I mentioned earlier ( good luck).
    With all that said, I still think that our team has improved a lot but I doubt if at this point we are good enough to go to the next round because we are going to have to beat at least one of the teams in our group to have a chance and as it stands we don't seem to have the offensive creativity and variety to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      cannot believe people giving low scores to Jahanbakhsh. Go back and look at the replay, JB was all over the field doing what CQ values the most, and that is playing a 2 way game. Too often fans just look at 2 or 3 plays shown on the screen and immediately jump to conclusions. They ignore the number of times a player comes back and helps out on defense. As much as people are salivating over Saman, I did not see a single time he bouht
      Maybe because Jahanbakhsh is a forward and is expected to create space, give key passes and accurate crosses in the penalty area. Jahanbakhsh didn't do any of this.

Comment

Here you can see how Jahanbakhsh performs for TM last years.

Comment

Originally posted by ballhugger View Post
          I think the biggest problem TM has is lack of a true playmaker in the middle of the pitch. Someone who has great technique, vision and passing skills to get our forwards going and put them in scoring situations on a consistent basis . We do have very good forwards right now but we just can't feed them . When was the last time we had a great pass by a midfielder to a forward for an easy score?
          Players like Ezarollahi ( I can see now why he's not getting playing time at his club) or Ebrahimi are not going to get the job done for us. I'm no coaching genius but in my opinion CQ needs to find a way to have both dejagah and ghodoos on the pitch to create more variety in our attack.....or between now and World Cup find that player I mentioned earlier ( good luck).
          With all that said, I still think that our team has improved a lot but I doubt if at this point we are good enough to go to the next round because we are going to have to beat at least one of the teams in our group to have a chance and as it stands we don't seem to have the offensive creativity and variety to do it.
          Yes, exactly. A ball-playing central attacking midfielder is exactly what we are missing to take us to that next level in world football.

Ghoddos looks good in that position for his club, but not so influential for the last 2 TM games.

The thing that bothers me is why hasn't CQ tested Soroush Rafiei there? He looks like the most complete CAM Iran currently has.

Comment

fair to carlos though for trying out different talents for russia game, 7 subs made more than what russia did (5) its a good test to see how some of the players in IPL and not in the first team can compete with a european team plus we didnt have mohammadi and captain D today. only person i would like to get rid of in the team is Amiri, he will have like 1 good game and 12 bad games, he should really have tried Torabi. Ghoddos really couldn't do much anyway. and Beiranvand really needs to punch out the balls harder and towards the sides or even in the air for gods sakes, he's a good holder and catcher of the ball in various positions but he needs to work on his balance and reaction time. good save with the free kick though! haghighi might have a chance but even then again, the guy is too bulky and reaction time is even slower then beiranvand.... gone are the days of one of the best keepers we had, RAHMATI , even though he talked shit he's still one of the best we had. but things to note,

1. we need to decide and decide fast on our main CBs
            2. hajsafi can't play LB
            3. ezatollahi needs to start playing football and not rugby
            4. Beiranvand needs to start chasing chickens (rocky training )
            5. amiri is strong but just sometimes i feel he's so useless, we need to try Torabi
            6. with shojaei and teimourian out of the team we need to decide asap who's gonna be our main center mid. we are lacking this ALOT!!!!

overall result was a fair one. 1-1 well done to our boys , always there is room for improvement but we are heading the right direction. thanks god these friendlies didnt get cancelled and quieroz plan looks like its going on the right track!

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
              Yes, exactly. A ball-playing central attacking midfielder is exactly what we are missing to take us to that next level in world football.

Ghoddos looks good in that position for his club, but not so influential for the last 2 TM games.

The thing that bothers me is why hasn't CQ tested Soroush Rafiei there? He looks like the most complete CAM Iran currently has.
              We have some player which we cant at least try in TM!

Soroush Rafiei and Mohsen Mosalman. Perhaps even Farshad Ahmadzadeh.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
                We have some player which we cant at least try in TM!

Soroush Rafiei and Mohsen Mosalman. Perhaps even Farshad Ahmadzadeh.
                The players u listed are all trash af lol

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Sorry but I am not sure if they can be worse than Jahanbakh in TM!
                  And we really need a playmaker. We dont have one... Did u see the game yesterday?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Not sure about Ahmadzadeh, but Mosalman and to a much greater extent, Rafiei are top players we currently have in the CAM position.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                      Not sure about Ahmadzadeh, but Mosalman and to a much greater extent, Rafiei are top players we currently have in the CAM position.
                      Mosalman has been awful for Persepolis.. Rafiei was good but riid by going to Qatar.

We need to be patient and let Ghoddos get acclimated to TM... Dejagah will be back and ready for a final push, and hopefully we can get Shojaei back as well.

Comment

Rafieie is the best CAM we have, followed by Shojaei. Dejagah is still without a club so i dont want to think about him. We should give Ghoddos chances but also keep in mind that he migt not be good enough on an international level. Bottom line Rafieie should be invited and tested and Shojaei should be in our list for the world cup not matter what the eshalic republic says!

Comment

I don't understand why Querioz is playing Ghoddos as a right winger. He's better on the left or through the middle.

Comment

For some reason CQ has never called up Soroush the moment he joined Perspolis.

IRGC ruined his career, he could've joined an European team before going to Sarbazi.

Now Tractor is going to sign even more Sarbaz players in mid-season...apparently Pahlevan and Torabi are on their list.

Comment

Pouralganji also had a so so game, he was part to be blamed on Russia's goal and was a bit shaky on few other occasions.

Comment

I think Ghodoos is your best bet for the CAM position. He has shown that he is a good passer and strong on the ball. After him I would take Soroush.

Comment

Working...
                                X