Iran vs Russia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    PLaying in a competitive league means nothing when he performs like this for TM. It doesn't matter, he could be the best player for Real Madrid, if he came and put these performances for the national team it wouldn't matter. I can't name a single game that I remember him performing in recent years. It is constant disappointment, and it is always the exact same way too!
    Indeed, take Aguero for example!

Comment

PLaying in a competitive league means nothing when he performs like this for TM. It doesn't matter, he could be the best player for Real Madrid, if he came and put these performances for the national team it wouldn't matter. I can't name a single game that I remember him performing in recent years. It is constant disappointment, and it is always the exact same way too!
      Starting Jahanbakhsh is 90% of the time a weakness for our Team Melli...
      I would rather start a player who beghole maroof ba gheyrat bazi mikone, than a player who plays ok in Europe and really bad in TM!

But CQ will play him all time as a starter...
      sigpic

Comment

I don't follow him when he plays club games. What I do know is that he has been disappointing for a long while. Yes he does come through once in awhile, but for the most part he just frustrates the hell out of me with his crosses and FKs. TM used to be so dangerous on corners, and when Dejagah or Teymourian took the corner kick, we created opportunities. When JB take them, we just waste them away.

Comment

I felt that Dejagah's presence was missed in the midfield today. The russians were playing very physically, and often times Amiri and especially Ebrahimi couldn't deal with it too well. Would've allowed us to come forward more centrally and Taremi would've had more freedom on the wing. Also, while ghafouri is fairly solid defensively, i think Ramin's presence meant we had 0 creativity in our buildup from the back and had almost no decent crosses.

Edit- also, while i understand why people think Beiranvand had poor exits, i do think he is starting to improve. Out of the 4-5 times he had to come out on crosses, he had 2 poor punches (that thankfully didn't result in anything) but also several strong catches despite being in difficult situations. His handling on shots and his positioning were very very strong in this game. Despite all of this, after seeing that PP game i just cant fully put my trust in him anymore.
          Last edited by TM4LIFE; 10-10-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Can someone please tell med why nobody passes the ball to Saman Ghoddos. Are they just freezing him out? it was the same situation last game against Togo. Taremi could pass the ball to the right flank but he did not, instead he took a long shot. Ebrahimi and Ghafouri had several chances to give Saman several thru passes but instead he gave the ball away on several occasions. Poor Saman was totally invinsible, we should really take atvantage of his speed, the way he can hold the ball and his great shooting ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
              Can someone please tell med why nobody passes the ball to Saman Ghoddos. Are they just freezing him out? it was the same situation last game against Togo. Taremi could pass the ball to the right flank but he did not, instead he took a long shot. Ebrahimi and Ghafouri had several chances to give Saman several thru passes but instead he gave the ball away on several occasions. Poor Saman was totally invinsible, we should really take atvantage of his speed, the way he can hold the ball and his great shooting ability.
              Lack of chemistry. Same happens in most organized football teams I've played for and others can probably attest. You get used to where certain teammates will go and what they will do. You have "favorite players" to pass to. When a new team member arrives, it takes time for the team to start reading where he will go and what he is thinking. Their first instinct is to pass where they know someone is standing. Often, even though it is not purposeful, the new player can seem invisible to you on the field.

Iran is a team that wants to win. They are not trying to bully or refuse to pass to Ghoddos. If they were, you know CQ would never call them up again for such unprofessional behavior. They are just not used to him in the team. When they play with him more, they will begin to notice his run pattern, and he will get more passes. I see this with many "new" players on teams. It takes a little while for teammates to anticipate their movements and pass to them. A few more games and we should be good. Thankfully Saman joined early enough, and if we have some quality friendlies, he will be gelled into the squad before Russia. He will be a major asset. The guy can play, and I can see him establishing himself over Amiri on the LW going into the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                Lack of chemistry. Same happens in most organized football teams I've played for and others can probably attest. You get used to where certain teammates will go and what they will do. You have "favorite players" to pass to. When a new team member arrives, it takes time for the team to start reading where he will go and what he is thinking. Their first instinct is to pass where they know someone is standing. Often, even though it is not purposeful, the new player can seem invisible to you on the field.
                Iran is a team that wants to win. They are not trying to bully or refuse to pass to Ghoddos. If they were, you know CQ would never call them up again for such unprofessional behavior. They are just not used to him in the team. When they play with him more, they will begin to notice his run pattern, and he will get more passes. I see this with many "new" players on teams. It takes a little while for teammates to anticipate their movements and pass to them. A few more games and we should be good. Thankfully Saman joined early enough, and if we have some quality friendlies, he will be gelled into the squad before Russia. He will be a major asset. The guy can play, and I can see him establishing himself over Amiri on the LW going into the WC.
                Thank you bro for your insightful thoughts. I was just so frustrated today when he didn't get a single chance to show what he can do with the ball. I really hope he will be united with the squad soon so we can use his full potential. He really can become a key player for TM just like Taremi was today.

Comment

these two games have been great, have highlighted the weaknesses and strengths in our team and now we have ample time to address before WC.

GK - Disappointed with CQ for not trying out mazaheri. Russia game basically summed beiranvand up in 90 mins. Can make spectacular stops , launch great counters due to his incredible physique, but is shaky on exits and being able to catch/ parry to the sides. I guess for better or worse he will be our WC keeper. All we can do is pray PP GK coach sorts him out before WC.

Defensively, we have great options at RB, and at CB . Ghafouri and Ramin are neck and neck. PAG, Hosseini, Cheshmi, and Montazeri when he is fit are all equally capable of starting in the WC. Thats excellent news bc cb next to PAG was a spot of concern before these friendlies due to injury worries of jalal and pejman. Clearly at LB we do not have an adequate back up for Milad. Hajsafi was horrible there. So we need milad to be fit, bottom line. At least now we know we cant rely on anybody else for that post currently.

Midfield - Ezatolahi was improving in club form, and hopefully he continues that for the whole season. Currently he is still not in good form. Alongside him it is now clear that ebrahimi is not at the level required. Same goes for imani, abdollahzadeh. So that means this second central midfield spot is really concerning, as we kind of knew before. I guess Hajsafi is the best option here but he is garbage in this position as well. I have no clue what CQ will do here . Anybody have any suggestions ???

We need Dejagah. Nobody else can keep the ball for TM , these two matches have proven his importance if it was still in question by some members. He needs to find a team so that he will be fit and not get injured when he starts training/playing in highly competitive TM environment after months of inactivity.

Offensively - Taremi and Azmoun are our best players. Time we started getting fully behind them even though taremi is more than semi retarded and Sardar acts like a spoiled child most of the time. ARJ is out of it, and honestly needs to benched. Given ghoddos 's form in Europe, he probably should now be starting and getting bed in with the team. Torabi has proven he can be useful off the bench, and Karim and Kaveh are also both good options from the bench as well.

So, after the analysis of Togo and Russia games , two excellent friendlies which tested us, I think our WC lineup should be this.

-------------------------Beiranvand--------

Ramin/Ghafouri----PAG------Hosseini/montazeri/Cheshmi-------Milad

-----------------Ezatolahi------------Hajsafi---------

---Ghoddos---------------Dejagah-----------------Taremi

-------------------------Azmoun-------------------

Bench : -Haghighi,
                  ---------- Ramin/Ghafouri
                  ---------- 2 of Montazeri,Cheshmi, Hosseini
                  ---------- ARJ
                  ---------- Ansarifard/Kaveh Rezaei
                  ---------- Ali Karimi / Omid Ebrahimi

Comment

Also lets not forget that Belgium tied russia, Chile , only lost to Portugal and Mexico by 1 goal . Generally they are difficult to play against. 1-1 without our two best players (Milad and Dejagah ) getting tied by a dumb defensive error in the 80th minute is totally respectable

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      It's very concerning that Seyed Jalal is still one of our best players and our best defender at the age of 36. We need to find a replacement for him ASAP.
                      I reckon Cheshmi, Montazeri and Kanaani are better option so plenty replacements available for our old warrior Hosseini whom.i have deep respect for

Comment

Don't want to be a negative Nancy or a Debbie Downer, but our attacking threat is simply not going to be good enough on the world stage.

There is still 8 months left. Less of the Togo friendlies and more of these European friendlies, if CQ plans to fix our attacking problems.

But let's be clear, there is an attacking problem. The ball is always played on the wings. Sardar is good in the air, but scoring from a cross has a very low probability in football. Yes I'm just a nobody, but I can still see that we need to play the ball down the middle way more often then we usually do.

If Ghoddos can't do it, CQ should try every other option we have from the IPL.

Comment

cannot believe people giving low scores to Jahanbakhsh. Go back and look at the replay, JB was all over the field doing what CQ values the most, and that is playing a 2 way game. Too often fans just look at 2 or 3 plays shown on the screen and immediately jump to conclusions. They ignore the number of times a player comes back and helps out on defense. As much as people are salivating over Saman, I did not see a single time he bouht
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

^ No you're not a nobody. You brought up valid points.

If we want to have a better chance and qualify out of our group we need to work on our weaknesses. For example, one weakness that you pointed out, is playing the ball in the middle which we do not do as much as we attack on the wings. Although there were a few occasions against Russia where our boys showed composure and got the ball near the box with ground passes. But there needs to be more focus on that and I'm sure Carlos will try his best and help fix what he can.

That's why we need more friendlies like this and better. Team Melli needs to be put under pressure and forced to think and react quickly as they displayed today. But this is just Russia. And respect to them they are a good team, but there are better national teams.

Our flaws need to get exposed in our preparation so we can work on what needs to be worked on. Yes, we cannot rely on set-pieces and our only game plan being to get the ball to Sardar in the box. We have always proven to be a dangerous team on set-pieces. But that shouldn't be our only plan for offense.

The art of unpredictability to mind screw our opponents. Make them think we will play a certain way but show up to the game with a completely different plan. We won't be able to have different options for attack if we don't have a good preparation.

The Russia friendly was good. Now it's time for our next opponents. Hopefully Taj and IFF do us good.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                              Don't want to be a negative Nancy or a Debbie Downer, but our attacking threat is simply not going to be good enough on the world stage.

There is still 8 months left. Less of the Togo friendlies and more of these European friendlies, if CQ plans to fix our attacking problems.

But let's be clear, there is an attacking problem. The ball is always played on the wings. Sardar is good in the air, but scoring from a cross has a very low probability in football. Yes I'm just a nobody, but I can still see that we need to play the ball down the middle way more often then we usually do.

If Ghoddos can't do it, CQ should try every other option we have from the IPL.
                              our offense is essentially Counter Attacking ...!! we struggle offensively if our opponents stay put or stays balanced and doesnt try to bring the game to us..!!
                              as you said, this TM simply can not dictate offensive tempo or take the game to our opponents, unless they are of utter shitt quality, even then we struggle to do so successfully on any consistent manner..!!

our passing, possession and Transition in MF is still badly lacking and in need of much improvement pre WC..!

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                                im not so sure it was intentional..?? but he looked a bit lost and outa sync with the rest of the players again...! and there were few occasions that opening was there but they didnt play a ball to his feet or somewhere he could run on to..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X