Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Syria; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.09.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible ending to a GREAT campaign, but if this is the way Beria loses his starting position, I'd rather have it this way than go to the WC and find out.

Like I said before the S. Korea match, the results weren't as important as how these two matches play into our overall preparation for Russia.

Ultimately, the reason we had a clean sheet was that our opponents barely had any shots on target, not because Beira had been amazing and I'm sure CQ will be taking a note of this.

Credit to Syria because despite all their issues (war torn country and all) they believed in themselves until the last minute and I think they deserve to finish 3rd in the group (their unsportsman conduct in the last match aside).

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      LOL no excuses what so ever.. Either Iran played like complete shit today, Syria is better than Korea and Uzbekistan, or they colluded the game.

Pick one.
      Thats the shitty part, Iran didn't play bad.

Literally the one bad defensive move we had resulted in their second goal.

Beiranvand was not good today, otherwise we created so many chances and were unlucky not to score on some.

It is what it is. It's football. These things happen. We are not used to going through this shit because TM has been spoiling us for the past few years.

The team will learn valuable lessons from this and move on.

Comment

some people here forget that theres a big difference in what the club coach wants from him and what CQ wants from him. he will do good in great times!

Comment

Terrible play by Rezaian to give up the second goal. What a cheap giveaway under no duress.

Haghghi needs to get back in goal for us.

Either way, no harm done. Would have loved the win but no biggie better learn now than later.

Comment

Originally posted by rnazer View Post
            good for Syria. They deserve it.
            Boro baba toham, in harf shod?
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

the only abnormal thing we did in this game, is to keep pushing forward for more goals even after we scored the winner ..!!
              there was no other collusions for Syria to go through to playoffs
              they deserve it more than the gutless, choking Uzies imo

Comment

very week performance, why on earth did queiroz subbed Poorghaz and Cheshmi in, above all Amiri!

After Amiri's introduction, our offence had zero IQ
                TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I hate to say it but today's lost is on CQ, he has to take the blame for poor choice of subs and poor choice of formation particularly in the defense wtf was that by Ansari he is more An than Ansari

Comment

The fireworks will more seem like a celebration for the Syrian side than our qualification. What a sad match this was for all of us today, sad from all perspectives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beiranvand out. Bring back either Haghighi or Rahmati. I don't want this garbage anywhere near the TM goal unless its as a groundskeeper

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                        Thats the shitty part, Iran didn't play bad.

Literally the one bad defensive move we had resulted in their second goal.

Beiranvand was not good today, otherwise we created so many chances and were unlucky not to score on some.

It is what it is. It's football. These things happen. We are not used to going through this shit because TM has been spoiling us for the past few years.

The team will learn valuable lessons from this and move on.
                        Exactly. Lets stop exaggerating so much and being so over-emotional. We had a great campaign and even today we were the better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          Wow, this is unbelievable.
                          Why is it unbelievable? We had an off day and Syria is much better than I thought they were. Com'on man give credit where credit is due, Syria is better than Qatar, Uzbaks and probably in par with S,Korea. Congrats to our best ever team and congrats to a Syrian team that fought their hearts off.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                            I want Team Melli to annoy their Saudi based players. And by annoy I don't mean to play like animals and try to deliberately harm them. I mean to cover them so well that they can't even take a shot at our goal. I know Al Somah and Kharbin aren't the best players in the world but they are top notch for Asian standards. So we need to be cautious of them and keep them contained.

My prediction:

Syria will defend their goal with 7 men.

Syria will then have their playmaker handle counterattack with Kharbin and Al Somah in the front.

They will defend with their lives but 3 Syrian players will be open wide to counter attack.

They will dive near the box for Kharbin and Al Somah to take their free kicks..

I'm sure there is at least 1-2 people from Team Melli/Team Melli Staff who follow PFDC.
                            G
                            Mark my words, this will be their gameplan.
                            What? Did I say this? Rely on counterattacks and free kicks?

Comment

Honestly syria was fighting more.
                              A country that is destroyed...
                              And we played to easy.

We have a problem with our defense and GK. We are too young.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                                I really feel fvcking disgusted right now.. Feels almost like we missed the world cup..

Not to mention that I lost money I didn't have.

Hope to see Haghighi start for TM again.
                                Bro stop gambling while you're not too down, first korea now this lool

Comment

Working...
                                X