This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    I don’t see this as a bad move at all. A move to the premier league, even if it’s to a lower-table side, is huge for his career especially at his age. Nothing has been officially announced yet so I don’t want to speculate too much or dig too deep into analysis. BUT, I think Brighton is in some ways preferable to Leicester as he will have far less pressure on his shoulders and will be given more freedom to shine. He nets a couple and assists a couple, big chance he can climb to an even higher team.
    I see what youre saying but on the other hand if he was to perform well in Germany or Spain at a team that is not in danger he could move to a top team. Footballers have short careers and this could be detrimental. This is a team that is going to be aiming to scrape points and avoid relegation. Alireza will have very few attacking chances. Last season they only won 9 out of 38 games. They conceded 54 goals..

Comment

WTF!!! So disappointing!!!

The best league my a$$!!! The guy is 24 and the top scorer of the Dutch league for crying out loud! Even Leicester is too small for him but for the sake of him being Iranian, let's say that would have been an ok move!

but Brighton?!!!

What happened to all the Leicester fans waiting for him to be announced?!

It doesn't make sense! I can see this friend of his just wanted to divert the attentions from the Leicester deal but then again, why would he ruin his own reputation by doing that?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        WTF!!! So disappointing!!!

The best league my a$$!!! The guy is 24 and the top scorer of the Dutch league for crying out loud! Even Leicester is too small for him but for the sake of him being Iranian, let's say that would have been an ok move!

but Brighton?!!!

What happened to all the Leicester fans waiting for him to be announced?!

It doesn't make sense! I can see this friend of his just wanted to divert the attentions from the Leicester deal but then again, why would he ruin his own reputation by doing that?!!!
        Janssen was the top scorer in the Dutch league, but he ended up playing with his Doodool on the bench after signing with the Spurs. There are countless examples of Dutch league players who got humbled in the EPL.

Now I ain't saying Alireza isn't better than most of those guys, but let's not act like going to Brighton is the equivalent of him going to the Azadegan league. Brighton can be good stepping stone if he plays well...

Anyways no need to trip, I still have it in the bottom of my heart that all said and done, we'll be seeing Alireza in a Chelsea Jersey come August 9th. (Once they ship out Hazard).

Comment

Guys, look at the reaction from some people... lol...
          lol.JPG

ps: looks like it's actually happening :

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...nbakhsh/page49

Comment

well, from reading the comments it looks like brighton fans are more excited about him joining than LCFC fans. LCFC fans act like they are too good for arjb

Comment

https://twitter.com/Brian__Owen/stat...16797600813058

Also, Amir Hashemi is following the head of recruitment/analysis at Brighton, Paul Winstanley, on Twitter.

Comment

Some of you guys are acting like he joined a Championship side or a team about to relegate..

FFS Brighton even beat Arsenal 2-0, United 1-0, and tied Tottenham 1-1.. Those are just some of their impressive feats from last season

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Some of you guys are acting like he joined a Championship side or a team about to relegate..

FFS Brighton even beat Arsenal 2-0, United 1-0, and tied Tottenham 1-1.. Those are just some of their impressive feats from last season
                  They finished 15th last year. Only 3 places above relegation.

JB deserves much better. Vaghan heyf if this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                    well, from reading the comments it looks like brighton fans are more excited about him joining than LCFC fans. LCFC fans act like they are too good for arjb
                    Not by much. Some of the BHAFC fans are bitter JB didn't sign with them a few years ago. Some say JB has to "perform to get into the squad" and has stiff competition on the wing against Knockaert, Izquierdo, and Tau (who just joined them from the mighty South African league).

This is, of course, in addition to the typical anti-Iranian rhetoric on the BHAFC forums.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh to brighton will be amazing. after a few bit-part players in the premier league (Ando, Ashkan) and a bench-warmer (Bagheri), we might finally have someone who can be a star in a Premier League team. If he lifts them to success, then who knows what can happen.... only 24 years old so he still has a good amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                        Not by much. Some of the BHAFC fans are bitter JB didn't sign with them a few years ago. Some say JB has to "perform to get into the squad" and has stiff competition on the wing against Knockaert, Izquierdo, and Tau (who just joined them from the mighty South African league)...
                        I saw that, kind of worries me. They have lots of forwards and wingers...

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                          I saw that, kind of worries me. They have lots of forwards and wingers...
                          Tau will likely be loaned out to AZ as part of the deal if it happens. So not much quality competition at all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                              I guess we'll find out soon where he's going. Kind of looks like Austrian airlines. Probably flying to England though!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                                I guess we'll find out soon where he's going. Kind of looks like Austrian airlines. Probably flying to England though!
                                You can track his flight using this: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AUA872

This is the only Austrian Flight for the day at IKA and it's headed to Austria. Connecting flight maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X