This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Jahanbakhsh ready for the next step?

Alireza Jahanbakhsh said at his presentation at NEC that he wanted to become the Johan Cruijff of Iran. We are now four and a half years away and Jahanbakhsh plays at AZ on the right wing. He performs very well there. Is the Iranian ready for a next step in his career?

After a reasonably first season at NEC, with five goals and four assists, Jahanbakhsh was already attracted by a lot of clubs. He stayed in Nijmegen and sparkled in the Jupiler League. With a total of twelve hits and seventeen assists, Jahanbakhsh convinced AZ of his qualities.

In Alkmaar he got a hard time out of the paint and it looked like a failure from the spinning. The Iranian had to become the successor of Steven Berghuis. But after a difficult start, including an injury to his knee, he became increasingly important to AZ as the season progressed.

He continued the line of his first Alkmaar season in his second. After five games, the winger had already scored three times and in the end Jahanbakhsh ended on ten hits. He was also important with his assists. The Iranian prepared nine hits.

In the current year, the winger can almost match his performance last season. He played seventeen matches and was able to find the net seven times. His number of assists last year has equaled Jahanbakhsh and that will probably only increase.

ALIREZA JAHANBAKHSH IN ITS THREE YEARS AT AZ
    *2015/16 2016/17 2017/18
    Duels 23 29 17
    Minutes 1.670 2.228 1.461
    Decisive in duels 7x 16x 11x
    Goals 3 10 7
    Assists 6 9 9
    Minutes per goal 557 min. 223 min. 209 min.
    Minutes per assist 278 min. 248 min. 162 min.

The figures show that the Iranian is ready for a next step. The only problem is that the three top clubs in the Netherlands already have an excellent player in their position. Ajax has David Neres, Feyenoord is very satisfied with Steven Berghuis and at PSV runs a Hirving Lozano.

What gives hope for Jahanbakhsh, is that he needs fewer minutes for an assist than Berghuis and Lozano. Neres is the king of the assist, with eleven in total. But perhaps if Lozano leaves PSV this summer, that the people from Eindhoven will knock on AZ and Jahanbakhsh.

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/...-volgende-stap

Comment

Mahrez is reportedly going to Liverpool tomorrow. So...

Comment

He’s flying to spain right now according to his Insta......

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
          His team is having a camp there.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
            His team is having a camp there.
            yea never mind just realized that

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
              You scared me for a second, I thought my shambool was for sure gone this time

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                Mahrez is reportedly going to Liverpool tomorrow. So...
                I guess this never happened.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                  You scared me for a second, I thought my shambool was for sure gone this time
                  I’m worried that if Iran beats Spain and somehow makes it out of this group of death that there will be a major emergency in the streets of Iran. No, not political unrest and rioting, I mean the hospitals will be packed with TM fans needing shombool reattachment surgery. I think we should go back to making a donation to charity or something if good things happen instead, do some good and prevent a lot of painful injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    I guess this never happened.
                    Right after I saw this posted, I checked Reddit soccer and it was already debunked. One of us probably should have posted it to keep everyone’s expectations down. Jahanbakhsh will be on a better team in a strong league within 6 months though, so don’t worry. JB has his head on straight, unlike some of our other players.

Comment

I still really hope he goes to bundesliga, but his style of play actually fits england very well, he is more of a traditional wing player, gets a lot of crosses in, always facing forward attacking the goal, and has a great strike. But he is a good dribbler, and very good at keeping possession. The reason why I dont want him england is bc he is young and english football is notorious for randomly benching foreigners, even if they are better than english players, and english fans always jump on foreign players immediately.

For example ozil who along with alexis is far and away arsenal's best player, until very recently got the most unbelievable amount of criticism and scapegoating, it was truly pathetic. Whenever he isnt in the team arsenal look they can hardly create two clear chances. Meanwhile somebody like walcott is pathetic for 10 years, shows no improvements, and still most people do not every call him out publicly degrade him like they do ozil, who is a world class player, not even in the league of walcott. Similar for welbeck, wilshere, ramsey. Its really pathetic and typical British hasoodi. Now Ozil is a guy that is a world cup winner, la liga winner, ex Madrid, Mourinho called him best 10 in the world, all these assists record, etc. They still do this shit to him, and even he at times was clearly upset by it, I can only imagine what would happen to a guy like ARJ, who no offense to him, has issues dealing with the pressure of TM jersey. Obviously I know the expectations would be very different , but you get my point.

Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen are where I would like too see him. I think Napoli is a fantastic option as well depending on what role they have in mind for him.

Comment

Well I agree Premier League shouldn't be his destination, I think La Liga will challenge him better. It's a tougher league with more focus on the technical aspect of the game.

Nonetheless I definitely think he will go to Bundesliga as Mahdavikia will advise him to do so and it's the most logical next step anyways.

Comment

Bundesliga would be ideal, but certain people would lobby against him for refusing to play vs Maccabi.

Dejagah still receives a lot of hate for refusing to play vs Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            ... english football is notorious for randomly benching foreigners, even if they are better than english players, and english fans always jump on foreign players immediately.
                            ... Its really pathetic and typical British hasoodi. Now Ozil is a guy that is a world cup winner, la liga winner, ex Madrid, Mourinho called him best 10 in the world, all these assists record, etc. They still do this shit to him, and even he at times was clearly upset by it, I can only imagine what would happen to a guy like ARJ...
                            There are tons of foreign national playing in EPL and the foreign stars are worshiped by English fans just like English players (at the club level). Pogba, De Gea, De Bruyne, Van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry.....on and on...are some examples past and present.
                            The problem that SOME fans saw with Ozil was that they thought he was lethargic at times; it was with his perceived lack of energy and low work rate they showed contempt for. They love Alexi Sanchez cause they perceive him as having a high work rate and that's despite him not really being happy at his current club Arsenal. ARJ has great work rate and if he goes to EPL, he will be appreciated and I think a success.
                            "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                              There are tons of foreign national playing in EPL and the foreign stars are worshiped by English fans just like English players (at the club level). Pogba, De Gea, De Bruyne, Van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry.....on and on...are some examples past and present.
                              The problem that SOME fans saw with Ozil was that they thought he was lethargic at times; it was with his perceived lack of energy and low work rate they showed contempt for. They love Alexi Sanchez cause they perceive him as having a high work rate and that's despite him not really being happy at his current club Arsenal. ARJ has great work rate and if he goes to EPL, he will be appreciated and I think a success.
                              Being honest, I think the bad talk on Ozil and Sanchez comes from them playing for an underperforming team like Arsenal. Teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. who often underperform in the league tend to have more negative fanbases. Guys like Hazard, De Bruyne, etc. are treated well by the fans in England. English fans can be very critical, but I would take our players getting some hate if it means they can play for these big name clubs. I would love for Jahanbakhsh to be on Arsenal even if their dullard fans blame him for them finishing 5th instead of blaming the management. Guardiola has shown that proper management has its benefits. I see Liverpool making a big improvement under Klopp in the next few years too. Wenger will continue to underperform, the guy doesn't have it anymore. Still, playing for Arsenal is a big achievement, and I'd take any of our players going there as they have the potential to be great again with some organizational changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                If Jahanbakhsh joins Arsenal, I'd cream my pants… That would be legendary if my post on Facebook had something to do with it
                                You would cream your pants if he went to Arsenal. Ferdosipour will cream on irib tv if he goes to Liverpool lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X