X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianWijk...99777091203072

Not Leicester City, but Brighton and Hove Albion (also Premier League) seems to be the new employer of Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The Iranian will complete his transfer in the coming days. A minimum of twenty million euros is involved in the transition.

Whether you lot think that it’s an insult that he has to play for us or not, it’s looking more and more likely that he’ll be a Brighton player soon. Hopefully you lot can support him, and us if it happens
    maybe insult was too strong of a word, but I really, honestly, do not think Chris Hughton can really improve him as a coach, nor do I believe the level that Brighton's players are will elevate his game. That is my issue with it. If anything, he walks in as one of the most talented players, and that for me is troubling. He needs to be around players that are better than him, that will get him to up his game, and reach the next level. This move just screams of mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezair View Post
      What is surprising me a bit, is that Ali was also linked to the Bundesliga and his agent said that there are a few teams, that show interest in him.
      Weghorst his teammate who was not as good as Jahanbakhsh and is turning 26, goes to Wolfsburg and Ali gets no offer from any mid-upper Bundesliga team?!
      That's so sad...
      Just in correspondence to Wolfsburg , they have spent the last two seasons in and around the relegation zone and have stayed up only due to the relegation play off.

Now let’s be positive , ARJ seems to have a calm head and he Has obviously made this choice for a reason, let’s give him our support. If he has a quality season playing regular football in the Premiership then the world is his oyster.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        F*** the haters, man scores goals against Eredivisie lower table fodder and Iranians think he should be replacing Hazard. This is a massive opportunity for him, I'll be down the Amex with my Iran flag a good few times next season if I can get my hands on tickets, BHAFC, how easy am I going to find getting my hands on tickets?
        Tickets
        https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/home

Home supporters need to join the Membership Scheme over 14 days before the game.
        https://www.seagullstickets.com/memberships
        Most games are sold out. Membership gets priority but does not guarantee a ticket.

Amex-0011.jpg

PS: Hazard and Coutinho both caused havoc. And Man City pressing game as well. But Man City got the important goal with a counter attack, one of only a handful of counter attack goals they scored in the Premier League all season. The Brighton defence is really quite good. But deep defence is vulnerable to set pieces, bad luck and individual moments of skill.

Comment

very reliable source from transfermarkt.com

Just updated there, so the chance to join LC is 55%

ARG-Transfermarkt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
            Son, the threads I make are none of your buisness let me get that clear. If you have the slightest reading ability you would have seen the CQ in/out was a mod approved poll asking the PFDC community. What makes it even sadder is that you have been around the last 2 decades and you act like this son. I don't care what age you think I am, I could say I think you're 10. I don't care. I'm adding you to my ignore list so don't bother replying back as it won't be read.
            I've frequented these forums for over 10 years as well and, though I rarely post, I really appreciate the contributions form the PFDC regulars. I believe Hoorad, like several other young members in the past, are an asset in a way. The time they put into going through everything from twitter to fan forums with a fine comb is something I appreciate and I personally would not be able to commit that time.

That being said, I do find repetitive and pointless posts really take away from the forum's quality and the same goes with this sort of response. Forums should ideally be different from a what's app group with your buddies where every other response is nonsensical. Furthermore, we get a lot of traffic from non-Persians and in a way each of us is an ambassador of our culture and should act as such.

On the JB to Brighton story, I actually think it would not be a bad move. They played better than LCFC over last season and their problem was the lack of a match-winner. Their team also has a lot less drama than LCFC. Look at how much trouble Mahrez and Vardy had trying to switch teams over the past 3 seasons. Additionally their style is more similar to team melli, which means that with time, JB will fit into CQ style tactics better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              maybe insult was too strong of a word, but I really, honestly, do not think Chris Hughton can really improve him as a coach, nor do I believe the level that Brighton's players are will elevate his game. That is my issue with it. If anything, he walks in as one of the most talented players, and that for me is troubling. He needs to be around players that are better than him, that will get him to up his game, and reach the next level. This move just screams of mediocrity.
              i see your point. But he will not at the moment get into the Man United team on a regular basis, although he looks better than Lingard. Lingard attributed his "success" with a season in the Championship each with Brighton* and Derby (quote) that gave him the necessary experience. (*Oscar Garcia was manager.) Brighton are unlikely to prevent him going to a top 6 club (Release Clause?)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                Jahanbakhsh has made brilliant decisions so far in his career. From joining NEC, to staying with them for a second year to choosing AZ and remaining with them until World Cup to become the best player in the league.
                So even if I would have hoped for bigger clubs, I think he will make another good choice.
                Thank you MR I know I can always count on a quality post from you in the middle of all the BS and madness being caused by kids/delusionals here.

You would think ppl would think twice to react so harshly but we all know that’s wishful thinking

Maybe we aren’t the dream move you hoped one of your best players would get, but I can promise you that if he does come here and he works hard that we could simply end up being a stepping stone. A good season or two in the bottom half of the prem could easily catapult him to a much bigger club. If we get two good seasons out of him and make a handsome profit before selling him to Arsenal or Napoli then surely it’s worked out for everyone?
                Hey man welcome to PFDC. I am very sorry this is to first impression of PFDC. After a few solid showings all the haters are going to be asking where they can purchase a Jahanbakhsh (that’s how it’s spelled ) BHA kit.

Just for your knowledge and any other Brighton’s fans information, the reason why (and to be clear I’m not justifying peoples’ reactions here) most ppl aren’t pleased are simply because of a few things like:

1). JB tearing up the eredivise the way he did and in comparison to the ppl who did the same before that (or did less than him) got moves to much bigger clubs

2). He was being heavily linked with Napoli all year and most recently Leicester, both of which are not only bigger clubs but also teams with potential to play champions league/Europa league football (maybe not Leicester but wouldn’t be insane if they finished 7-8).

Iranians are very emotional ppl especially on the subject of football. Heck even footballers like Azmoun (not sure how familiar you are with him but he announced his retirement after the WC at age 23 bc of some silly fans comments) even exemplify that.

Personally, my opinion of the move is a less extreme version of the babies. I will admit I don’t think this is a good move over Leicester, however, I trust that he knows what he’s doing given what our friend Martin Reza said above. Also I acknowledge he is playing in the best league in the world and that’s what’s goi to matter the most so the move doesn’t anger me whatsoever, I just think there are better options on the table (or so it seems).

If you look cloeser at this forum everyone bashes our players’ career making decisions, heck I’m one of them, but Jahanbakhsh is the last person you’d be able to look at and knit pick it. All of his choices so far have all paid off and elevated his career big time.

My father lived in Brighton for 4 years after he left Iran and has taken me there multiple times when I was a kid growing up I always wished that they would hav a team in the prem so I can genuinely have a reason to root for a team. I am a big Bayern fan (my mom spent her post-iran days in Munich and rooted for them so that’s how I got that) and that will never change, but, I love English football and never had a real reason to root for any team besides players/coaches I liked and now not only with BHA being in the prem but now buying one of my favorite players I am going to have to prepare to invest in my first BHA kit

Please continue to provide us with updates it’s much appreciated!

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                I fail to see why he should sign for Brighton. He could have taken the offer 3 years ago and he would be in the same situation. I seriously don’t understand why Alireza is going to the same team that he declined before he went to AZ. What’s the difference?
                Back then they were Championship contenders and now they are a lower table PL team. For me it sounds like stagnation rather than progression. Another season without EL or CL football will just kill his development and international exposure.
                Dissapointing move overall, with all due respect to Brighton and their fans. Not looking forward to a season of relegation football and a side who plays hoof the ball hackster type of football, something JB is totally not made for.
                Kiarash jan with all due respect this is pure non sense.....

For starters, how would JB have been in the same situation if he would have taken the offer from BHA 3 years ago? You’re saying he would have developed the same way in the championship compared to the league that’s known for young player development? You should know the answer to that better than I do!

The difference is very clear now....they are in the prem and did a very solid job in their first season. It’s the simple. You’re just assuming that since they are a new comer and flirted with relegation last year that automatically means that will be the case this year which isn’t the reality. Trust the one man in Team Meli who has made good career choices so far please and refrain from bashing him.

You’re one of the biggest TM fans I know and the fact that you’re feeling disappointed and not looking forward to seeing an Iranian in the premier league after going 4 seasons of not having an Iranian in a top European league (no im not counting the 2 games Dejagah played in relegation play offs for Wolfsburg) is a head scaratcher.

All I’m saying here is please give this a chance the bigger picture is we have an Iranian who will be playing against Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, etc. on a regular basis which will show the big dogs what he’s made of. Let’s be happy that opportunity that he has earned is finally here!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianWijk...99777091203072
                Not Leicester City, but Brighton and Hove Albion (also Premier League) seems to be the new employer of Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The Iranian will complete his transfer in the coming days. A minimum of twenty million euros is involved in the transition.
                Whether you lot think that it’s an insult that he has to play for us or not, it’s looking more and more likely that he’ll be a Brighton player soon. Hopefully you lot can support him, and us if it happens
                How are you guys looking in the center midfield/decfensivd midfield position? Look up Saeid Ezatolahi he is made for prem football and can be turned for a huge profit in a few years if he were to come in and play well. He’s a real big guy not afraid to take on anyone in a 50/50 and relatively decent vision for a DM
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Well at least there seem to be an advantage to pick Brighton over Leicester. The former's fans seem to be wanting Jahanbakhsh much more than the latter's. I guess he'd feel more welcomed there.

LOL...and the Brighton fans crack me up:

"Anyone worked the cost of a shirt with his name on it?"

"I havn't got enough fingers."

"I don't think the club have enough letters!"

Comment

So apparently Jahanbakhsh was ready to sign with Leicester, but ever since he found out Hoorad on PFDC was a Leicester supporter, he has changed his mind and decided to join Brighton instead!

JK

Comment

What ever happened to all these?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...an-winger.html

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        Bruh, he was by far the best player AZ had. At least at brighton there will be 3-5 players on his level. Plus, he might not do too well in the BPL anyway. It's such a step up. Even the worst sides in the BPL are on similar levels with Ajax and PSV.

Comment

He's probably too expensive for those guys now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Well at least there seem to be an advantage to pick Brighton over Leicester. The former's fans seem to be wanting Jahanbakhsh much more than the latter's. I guess he'd feel more welcomed there.
                            LOL...and the Brighton fans crack me up:
                            "Anyone worked the cost of a shirt with his name on it?"
                            "I havn't got enough fingers."
                            "I don't think the club have enough letters!"
                            Jersey might say “Alireza”

Comment

lol theres an Israeli on Brighton. good luck with that
                              SHOW TIME!

Comment

Its the Daily Mail for crying out loud.

Why do we have to do this again and again and again....

Comment

Working...
                                X