Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persian Gulf Pro League (2017 - 2018 Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say that it’s a crime to deny Alipour’s amazing form and scoring ability, and not inviting him to TM, but at the same time when you look deeper, you realize how many other amazing strikers we already have in our team. Whom to cross out to replace by Alipour? Is there any way we may use him as CAM? At least as a sub?

I cannot remember ever having so many top and fantastic strikers simultaneously performing amazing in our football. Our defense is solid, our midfielders are spectacular, our strikers are crazy good. This TM has potentials to pull big upsets in this World Cup, shall a tad of good luck company us!

I have an off topic question. How come we barely have defenders playing in Europe? As far as I can remember we only had Rezaei playing in Italy’s Seri A, and now Rezaeian not too impressively this far in Belgium. We have one of the best Asian defenders currently. It’s a shame all our top defenders only wind up in Qatar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      I was going to say that it’s a crime to deny Alipour’s amazing form and scoring ability, and not inviting him to TM, but at the same time when you look deeper, you realize how many other amazing strikers we already have in our team. Whom to cross out to replace by Alipour? Is there any way we may use him as CAM? At least as a sub?

I cannot remember ever having so many top and fantastic strikers simultaneously performing amazing in our football. Our defense is solid, our midfielders are spectacular, our strikers are crazy good. This TM has potentials to pull big upsets in this World Cup, shall a tad of good luck company us!

I have an off topic question. How come we barely have defenders playing in Europe? As far as I can remember we only had Rezaei playing in Italy’s Seri A, and now Rezaeian not too impressively this far in Belgium. We have one of the best Asian defenders currently. It’s a shame all our top defenders only wind up in Qatar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I dont necessarily think our defenders are incredible individually. I think PAG is a really solid player with good age, good on the ball, who could easily cut it at most solid EU teams. Similar to how hegazi from egypt has succeeded with ease at west brom. Milad is excellent as well. Ramin is so - so, same for vouria, Jalal is obviously too old for europe now, but was definitely at that level ( still is ). But our defensive strength is collective as opposed to incredible individual defenders. The main upgrade in personnel has been milad and ramin/vouria, who all contribute massively going forward, but have the speed to get out and block crosses in the wide areas, something that was really hurting us a few years back.

Comment

Saipa - Padideh highlights: https://www.aparat.com/v/VgbzG/خلاصه...1-0_پدیده

Another great goal from Torabi.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
          Saipa - Padideh highlights: https://www.aparat.com/v/VgbzG/خلاصه...1-0_پدیده

Another great goal from Torabi.
          Always rated him

Comment

Ghaedi had broken ribs, ruptured liver and ruptured spleen. Doctors took his spleen out and had an operation on his liver. The kid has not awaken yet and is kept under watch in ICU. I say he won't be back sooner than next 4-6 months. Even then he may not be as good as before. SS lost one of their gems. Now only Barzay remains in their squad. For reminder of season and ACL, they need to add some fire power, perhaps they should go after Sepahan players if they relegate.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
              Ghaedi had broken ribs, ruptured liver and ruptured spleen. Doctors took his spleen out and had an operation on his liver. The kid has not awaken yet and is kept under watch in ICU. I say he won't be back sooner than next 4-6 months. Even then he may not be as good as before. SS lost one of their gems. Now only Barzay remains in their squad. For reminder of season and ACL, they need to add some fire power, perhaps they should go after Sepahan players if they relegate.
              Relegate? Aren't they 6th in the table?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                Relegate? Aren't they 6th in the table?
                Sepahan is 2 pts away from the relegation zone.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                  Misread thought he meant Esteghlal, but holy shit what happened to Sepahan all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                    Misread thought he meant Esteghlal, but holy shit what happened to Sepahan all of a sudden
                    Bad luck and bad management

Comment

but I think they are one win away from turning it around because they are really not a bad team.
                      I don't follow them but just based on the highlights they seem to miss a lot of scoring chances and give up too many easy goals. Persepolis better be careful. Branko has already said this is the most "dangerous Sepahan".

Comment

Any links for the Cup game today ?

Comment

Sosha hasn't changed a bit..

Sad rahmat be Beiranvand.

Comment

Sosha hasn't changed a bit..

Sad rahmat be Beiranvand.
                            Back in Iran now making mistakes week after week

Comment

Why in PGL, all the players suddenly panick when they are approching the opposite penalty box and suddenly doing a brainless move like headless chicken (desperate shoot, centers, pass etc..)???

It is so obvious in all highlights.

Comment

It is so original that SS brought a foreign coach, doing somewhat better in second half of season, won naft abadan in semi final in Hazfi cup and want to win the cup for Ghaedi's sake now.

SS is an inspiration for all other teams in PGPL.

Comment

Working...
                                X