X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak View Post
    The Sardar Azmoun situation
    Did the Azmoun story sour your relationship with the club and its upper management?
    I don’t think so. The information about his contract was not clearly presented to the management. He had a $2.5 million release clause in his contract, and any club that matched this price could sign the player if he was willing. So, Rostov sent an official enquiry, offering $2.5 million. Rubin didn’t react, and after 30 days, the player could just leave the club. So, Azmoun essentially left Rubin on a free transfer. This was a question of decency: all documents were present, but the information wasn’t presented in a clear way. There was no sense to sue Rostov.

How long is Azmoun’s current contract with Rubin?

We signed him for free, for three years. There’s no release clause. He asked not to set an elaborate asking price. He trusts us.

What is his potential?

His big weakness is that he doesn’t handle outside pressure very well. There was huge, crazy interest in him: all the clubs called us and his father. Top clubs at that: Arsenal, Celtic. Everton’s Iranian owner contacted me and tried to reach a transfer agreement. Azmoun has millions of fans, incredible amounts of attention – and he couldn’t handle it. He came to Rubin as a star, after a good season, and his head was in the clouds. I’m grateful to God that he tested him in such way. If he hadn’t scored a single goal, it would’ve been even better for him. I told him that Allah was punishing him for getting carried away with fame: “You’ll have a lot of chances, but you’ll never score.” He tempted the fate in Rostov where he had just two or three chances, but scored consistently, his conversion rate was crazy. But luck means very much for a forward. As a result, Serdar lost his place both in the club and in the national team, then he got injured. This unprofessionalism was the cause of his difficult season. Only in the game against Lokomotiv I saw the Azmoun we really needed.

Will this period strengthen him?

Periods like this are necessary. I’m glad he went through it.

The club signed another Iranian this summer, [Reza] Shekari. Is his potential as good as Azmoun?

His potential is very high. He was on trial in Rostov for us. But he’s still in his formative years as a player, his fitness isn’t perfect, sometimes he strains his muscles. He’s getting stronger gradually. He was in the list of best young players complied by The Guardian. But we scouted him back when we were in Rostov, he trained with us in one of our training campa.

Is the Iranian market beyond the Europeans’ comprehension?

They simply don’t know it. This market is limitless.

Was it discovered by Dmitry Samarenkin?

You’re talking about Alireza Haghigi? We did know about him before, but Rubin signed him [in 2012] without asking us. He was weaker than our current players. It was just a marketing ploy. But the guy lost valuable time here, lost his place in the national team, went on loans. He could’ve grown into a good goalkeeper.

What are you expecting from Azmoun in the future?

I think he’s going to prove himself at the World Cup. In the future, he can realise his potential at a top club. I don’t doubt that because I know the forwards playing at top clubs, and I know his abilities, so I know what I say is true. It’s very hard to win an aerial duel against him and he’s also very quick. Both Azmoun and Kanunnikov are victims of our lack of creative players in midfield. When we review our tacticss, I show the team how many times Kanunnikov and Azmoun get into good positions to go one on one with the keeper. In one game, I counted four such moments for Kanunnikov and two for Azmoun, but they didn’t receive a single pass. And they have learned a lot. Especially Kanunnikov – he didn’t understand before how to receive the ball while half-turned, for example. It’s also not exactly his position, he’s more comfortable on the wing. But he did learn and changed his game. I think that our changes in training will help our midfielders to see the forwards and give them accurate through balls. We’re working a lot on that.

https://twitter.com/RusFootballNews/...19097189744645
    What a great interview.

Comment

So he has a 3 year contract. He will stay in Rubin Kazan after the World Cup too, heard it here first.

Comment

Man the coach seemed to enjoy Azmoun struggling.

Comment

He regards Azmoun as his own son and wants to get the best out of him. I couldn't agree more with him on the subject of professionalism, something which Sardar needs to make a lot more effort. He needs to get out of the teenage/child mentality.

lol@ " Allah was punishing him"! Glad to hear that God cares so much about Sardar's career development!

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ Rubin Kazan | 2017-2018

Azmun hanging with f@ggot rappers killed his football

Hope he learned his lesson and moves on from that kind of environment and behaves like a professional footballer

A footballer’s life on the field as a star is not more than 10 years and if he doesn’t wise up now he will be playing in shamoshak noshahr in few years
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by val View Post
              Azmun hanging with f@ggot rappers killed his football

Hope he learned his lesson and moves on from that kind of environment and behaves like a professional footballer

A footballer’s life on the field as a star is not more than 10 years and if he doesn’t wise up now he will be playing in shamoshak noshahr in few years
              I’d rather have Azmoun hangin out with rappers than Taremi rimjobin molahs

Comment

So Sardar has a 3 year contract with Rubin and no release clause?! Why would anyone do such a thing? Is he really that stupid? My god...

Comment

Not gonna lie, Berdyev comes off really wise in that interview. All his answers seemed pretty measured and made sense.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Not gonna lie, Berdyev comes off really wise in that interview. All his answers seemed pretty measured and made sense.
                      BS. this guy wants the best for himself and neither for the club nor sardar. he could have supported the move to Lazio last year. big cash for Rubin and excellent development for Sardar.

Ghalat Kard martikeh!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...this interview revealed so much more than just about Azmoun.

Haghighi's signing with Rubin was just a marketing ploy?! I can imagine. He was a good prospect but not that very special when he was in Iran.

Good to read that Shekari is regarded so highly by him and that he thinks the Iranian market is limitless. Go ahead and sign more talents then! We need the youngsters to get out.

As for Azmoun.....I agree with Berdiyev completely when it comes to his lack of professionalism. He needs to learn a lot more and get matured. Only being a great talent is not enough to bring him success, specially in big clubs like Lazio. He would only fail with that mentality!

Look at Jahanbakhsh! Now that's what I call a professional mind! That's the reason he's progressing so much faster than Azmoun.

Comment

So I pose another question for you guys. Although the Russian league is stronger than Eridivise, Belgian, and some other European leagues; with the developement of our other legionaries can we infer that these “weaker” leagues provide more professionalism and better avenue to develope our young talents?

Comment

I don't agree. Our two most successful and effective TM players over the last two years have been Azmoun and Milo and both owe their development to the RPL. People seem to get too caught up in our players' club form and forget to actually analyse the most important thing, their form for TM.

What I'm saying is, let's pack Allahyar and Delfi's bags and send them to Siberia.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                              BS. this guy wants the best for himself and neither for the club nor sardar. he could have supported the move to Lazio last year. big cash for Rubin and excellent development for Sardar.

Ghalat Kard martikeh!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
                              right on
                              just like any other person in this world, Berdie will ultimately put his own benefit above all else, including Rubin or Azmoun etc.

beside;
                              this was not a new interview, its just the same ol one from earlier this season when Rubin was struggling and so was sardar and he was questioned about it...! and off course it was everyone's else fault but his..!!

Comment

Imagine Berdeyev as the next TM manager

Comment

Working...
                                X