• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a very nice assist!

Keep it up Sardar!

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ Rubin Kazan | 2017-2018

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      no he plays in russia and therefore cant be good for TM, despite the fact that he is, besides dejagah, our most experienced player in terms of high level football, and is TM's 5th all time goal scorer at the age of 23. Russia=BAD
      Statistics don’t ever lie. Scoring against Turkmenistan or Syria isn’t that hard.

Find me one Napoli, Barcelona or Bayern scout that will get excited when a 23 year old NT striker has 1 goal and 3 assists against the bottom 2 teams in Russia out of 22 games. This is his 5th season in Russia.

I get fed up with all the lame excuses that this league is hard to score, or very defensive whatsoever. The likes of Promes are ripping this league apart weekly and Sardar can’t get even full 90 minutes a game.

I admit that my passion and emotion for our legionnaires gets to the point where it’s not healthy anymore, but I just like you want the best for TM. Guess I need to calm my emotions regarding Sardar.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ Rubin Kazan | 2017-2018

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
        Watch our TM games from the last four years.
        He has been superb for Team Melli, but his overall club performances are awful. I guess we are not objective enough to judge on that but any outsider would rate Sardar’s goal ratio in the RPL as generally poor: 25 goals in 109 games for a pure CF.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
          I swear if Sardar scores a last minute winner against Spain in Kazan, I will wear Iran’s kit EVERYWHERE I GO for a straight month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Even if we lose 3 or 4-1?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Even if we lose 3 or 4-1?
            Might just wear it for a week then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              He has been superb for Team Melli, but his overall club performances are awful. I guess we are not objective enough to judge on that but any outsider would rate Sardar’s goal ratio in the RPL as generally poor: 25 goals in 109 games for a pure CF.
              His stats are a little affected by his lack of regular action. Obviously, for him not to be able to cement a regular spot in the team is also indicative of possibly poor performamce but if you look at his minutes, he averages 1 goal every 225 minutes in the league and 1 in every 140 minutes in european competition which are both still quite respectable.

Personally, I have no doubts he's by far our most complete number 9.

Comment

Anyone notice that Rubin is only 1 point clear of the relegation playoff, Rostov only 2 points ahead, and Grozny 3 points away? Amkar is currently in the lower relegation playoff spot, and it could turn out that one of Rubin/Rostov/Grozny could end up in the relegation playoff...

I know some are creaming their jeans that Sardar is BACK and had a nice pass, but he may be playing in Russian Second Division next year! I'm sure many here will be still believing he will jump over straight to Real or Barca from Rubin after a dominant 2nd place finish to carry the team back to the RPL!

Seriously, people thinking that Russia is a great league for our players are smoking something top-notch. It's a garbage league, and none of our players' teams are doing shit right now. Any one could potentially see relegation. Saddest timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                  Anyone notice that Rubin is only 1 point clear of the relegation playoff, Rostov only 2 points ahead, and Grozny 3 points away? Amkar is currently in the lower relegation playoff spot, and it could turn out that one of Rubin/Rostov/Grozny could end up in the relegation playoff...

I know some are creaming their jeans that Sardar is BACK and had a nice pass, but he may be playing in Russian Second Division next year! I'm sure many here will be still believing he will jump over straight to Real or Barca from Rubin after a dominant 2nd place finish to carry the team back to the RPL!

Seriously, people thinking that Russia is a great league for our players are smoking something top-notch. It's a garbage league, and none of our players' teams are doing shit right now. Any one could potentially see relegation. Saddest timeline.
                  LOOOOL Azmoun may be obsessed with Russia and Berdyev but he's wayyy to egotistical to stay in Rubin if they relegate.

I honestly would be shocked if Azmoun stays in Rubin after the WC and don't plan on it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Statistics don’t ever lie. Scoring against Turkmenistan or Syria isn’t that hard.
                    And scoring against Korea? Russia?

It's not just the opponents, but the consistency of his scoring. His finishing is excellent for TM.

He plays for a team that barely attacks and is very dysfunctional, hence his scoring output.
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                      LOOOOL Azmoun may be obsessed with Russia and Berdyev but he's wayyy to egotistical to stay in Rubin if they relegate.

I honestly would be shocked if Azmoun stays in Rubin after the WC and don't plan on it happening.
                      Remember, somebody has to still want to buy him... He seems to think his 2 options are Berdy's team, or top Euro league team. Would you personally, as an unbiased, Spanish, English, or German scout give a player with 1 goal on a relegation team a contract? Wouldn't you rather sign a player like Van Wolfswinkle who has had 3 20+ goal seasons, and is still stuck at Basel?

I think some of you are thinking with your Iranian hearts. Unfortunately, Sardar's great performances in club play are very long ago in football terms, and isolated in one season, and absolutely no club team that is reputable puts much interest or care into international performances, particularly in the Asian confederation.

I can see a team like Celtic or Basel level loving to sign Sardar. No top teams are going to be chasing him outside of paying $10 million for him as a potential player to ride the bench a few years until he gets a chance. These things have happened before, and the fact that we think that this situation is fit for Sardar to just up, and choose to leave is very ignorant.

Things standing in Sardar's way:

1.) Teams need to want him.
                      1.a.) Needs a miracle end of the season that puts him back on the map, or...
                      1.b.) Needs to score 2 on Morocco, one on Spain or Portugal and carry Iran out of the group.
                      2.) He needs to like the team that is wanting him and see it as a step up.
                      3.) Berdy and Rubin board need to agree to a sale, and just turned down 15 million Euro this past summer. Do you think they will take less this upcoming summer?

Again, I'm sure if it were so easy, Sardar will just walk onto Real this summer and displace Benzema. Realistically, we will hear that Celtic is chasing Sardar, he will say that he still needs to develop and will only sign with a "top team", we will sing this song and dance and talk about how Rubin is going to kill the league in 2019, rinse and repeat until his contract runs out. There are many contingencies and variables that currently built a Trump-like wall in front of Sardar's exit, but I'm glad some of you are so confident he will leave. It's good to be hopeful when a situation gives you very little reason. Nothing can go wrong when you uselessly get your hopes up. Us Iranians always learn from our players making such great choices. They never disappoint us! An Iranian player making a boneheaded decision and damaging their career?!?!?! NEVER! I won't believe it, no precedent.

Comment

Remember, somebody has to still want to buy him... He seems to think his 2 options are Berdy's team, or top Euro league team. Would you personally, as an unbiased, Spanish, English, or German scout give a player with 1 goal on a relegation team a contract? Wouldn't you rather sign a player like Van Wolfswinkle who has had 3 20+ goal seasons, and is still stuck at Basel?

I think some of you are thinking with your Iranian hearts. Unfortunately, Sardar's great performances in club play are very long ago in football terms, and isolated in one season, and absolutely no club team that is reputable puts much interest or care into international performances, particularly in the Asian confederation.

I can see a team like Celtic or Basel level loving to sign Sardar. No top teams are going to be chasing him outside of paying $10 million for him as a potential player to ride the bench a few years until he gets a chance. These things have happened before, and the fact that we think that this situation is fit for Sardar to just up, and choose to leave is very ignorant.

Things standing in Sardar's way:

1.) Teams need to want him.
                        1.a.) Needs a miracle end of the season that puts him back on the map, or...
                        1.b.) Needs to score 2 on Morocco, one on Spain or Portugal and carry Iran out of the group.
                        2.) He needs to like the team that is wanting him and see it as a step up.
                        3.) Berdy and Rubin board need to agree to a sale, and just turned down 15 million Euro this past summer. Do you think they will take less this upcoming summer?

Again, I'm sure if it were so easy, Sardar will just walk onto Real this summer and displace Benzema. Realistically, we will hear that Celtic is chasing Sardar, he will say that he still needs to develop and will only sign with a "top team", we will sing this song and dance and talk about how Rubin is going to kill the league in 2019, rinse and repeat until his contract runs out. There are many contingencies and variables that currently built a Trump-like wall in front of Sardar's exit, but I'm glad some of you are so confident he will leave. It's good to be hopeful when a situation gives you very little reason. Nothing can go wrong when you uselessly get your hopes up. Us Iranians always learn from our players making such great choices. They never disappoint us! An Iranian player making a boneheaded decision and damaging their career?!?!?! NEVER! I won't believe it, no precedent.
                        Players go on bad runs, it happens. Azmoun is still very young, only 23 years old. Scouts already know his potential and even smarter scouts know that Rubin's team is awful with no service whatsoever.

Remember, Lazio is still interested in Azmoun despite his subpar season. Not only will he receive an offer, but it will be from a good team.

The only thing we have to worry about is whether he will take the offer from the good team (i.e Lazio, Sevilla, etc.) or find a way to follow Berdyev to another mediocre RPL team like Rostov.

Comment

Would you personally, as an unbiased, Spanish, English, or German scout... rather sign a player like Van Wolfswinkle who has had 3 20+ goal seasons, and is still stuck at Basel?
                          No.

Van Wolfswinkle may be prolific in poorer leagues but he was a flop at Norwich and on loan in La Liga. He was even prolific before that move at Sporting, but so was Silimani. He's done nothing in the premier league either.

Players like this are generally far less likely to move back to a club in a top league than a young, untested player like Azmoun is to get his chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            Players go on bad runs, it happens. Azmoun is still very young, only 23 years old. Scouts already know his potential and even smarter scouts know that Rubin's team is awful with no service whatsoever.
                            Remember, Lazio is still interested in Azmoun despite his subpar season. Not only will he receive an offer, but it will be from a good team.
                            The only thing we have to worry about is whether he will take the offer from the good team (i.e Lazio, Sevilla, etc.) or find a way to follow Berdyev to another mediocre RPL team like Rostov.
                            A 23 year old striker in Europe is not young and considered a talent anymore. This might be the case for PGL but they think about it differently in Europe.

Mbappe is only 19 and already making a name for himself at Monaco and PSG. Same goes for Dembele, Rashford, Bailey..they are all much younger than Azmoun and currently killing it in the top 3 leagues.

Comment

Comparing him to the greatest wonderkids in world football is a bit harsh, I don't think anyone is thinking Azmoun is going to be some Mbappe-esque player but even so, there's plenty of examples of top players who made the move to the elite level at a later stage and prospered e.g. Drogba, Toni, D. Milito, J. Martinez, etc. He's still young enough to have a world class career and he'll definitely have the opporrunities if he performs.

Comment

Azmoun not in the squad today. Shekari on the bench.
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X